Betpoints: 5486

Usc -19

Can anyone tell me why

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by esulima View Post
    Can anyone tell me why
    I was thinking the same thing. Is USC that much better than Cal?

I haven't been following the Pac 12 this year but USC is giving alot of points.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I was going to start a thread on fading public perception on lage-night games but this thread fits that topic well.

USC still has a rabid fanbase. The books are just adjusting for that money.

This started out at -14 and is now -20. USC manhandled Arizona last week and Cal had problems with Oregon and Oregon St. So the USC faithful is pouring money into the Trojans.

As for me I'm making this a double bet on Cal. I'm just waiting to see if the line changes a little more.

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

-20 now

omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    I was going to start a thread on fading public perception on lage-night games but this thread fits that topic well.

USC still has a rabid fanbase. The books are just adjusting for that money.

This started out at -14 and is now -20. USC manhandled Arizona last week and Cal had problems with Oregon and Oregon St. So the USC faithful is pouring money into the Trojans.

As for me I'm making this a double bet on Cal. I'm just waiting to see if the line changes a little more.
    so you think they cover the 20? I watched their train wreck against Oregon and they're shitty, but are they that shitty?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i can see both arguments....... USC much better than cal BUT not that high powered and Cal can score...... i tend to agree with the poster that said 48-24 or something like that. haven't checked but i would think that might be an OVER - EDIT: not that far from the predicted score which is 48-28...

did this game really open at 13ish and move to 20ish? injury to cal QB or something like that?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    so you think they cover the 20? I watched their train wreck against Oregon and they're shitty, but are they that shitty?
    I had Oregon +1 1/2 in that game and watched the whole thing. Cal's offense is good. It's their defense that sucks. I think they keep it within 20.

I may hit the over as well.

Also taking Buffalo as well although I bet with much less with these shit conferences. Buffalo got beat 44-7 in their last game and Akron has won 3 out of their last 4 and is 3-0 on the road while Buffalo is 0-3 at home so take Akron right? Nope.
    Last edited by QuantumLeap; 10-27-16 at 04:37 PM.

TTA_President
    TTA_President's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Tailing California

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

FWIW, power ratings have USC by 13ish... so alot of value in 20 or 21........

my instinct says USC by low 20's........ but i do think the power rating is more correct so i think there's value in CAL

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    FWIW, power ratings have USC by 13ish... so alot of value in 20 or 21........

my instinct says USC by low 20's........ but i do think the power rating is more correct so i think there's value in CAL
    I quit thinking anymore. It just gets me in trouble like when I bet Wash St and they get backdoored by UCLA.

Remember Oregon against Cal? No one gave them a chance, especially after the line moved them to favorites. They were an INT in OT away from covering.

So I just fade the obvious.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    I had Oregon +1 1/2 in that game and watched the whole thing. Cal's offense is good. It's their defense that sucks. I think they keep it within 20.

I may hit the over as well.

Also taking Buffalo as well although I bet with much less with these shit conferences. Buffalo got beat 44-7 in their last game and Akron has won 3 out of their last 4 and is 3-0 on the road while Buffalo is 0-3 at home so take Akron right? Nope.
    I don't mean to hijack the thread but I just wanted to mention that I looked into the Akron/Buffalo game. Buffalo sucks on run defense but they have a pretty decent pass defense. Akron is a better passing team than a rushing team and the weather sucks in Buffalo tonight so the passing may be somewhat limited so Buffalo has a good chance to keep it within the +19 1/2.