PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Someone mind telling me why Nebraska is getting +9 points at Wisconsin?

What am I largely missing here, going over all initial spreads, this one blew me away first glance.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I actually have Nebraska winning Chop.

This looks a bit like the Auburn/Arkansas last week. I had Auburn but the same type of metrics resulted in a forecast favoring Arkansas...we saw how that went.

Now we're dealing with a same thing, even two ranked teams. Could be the dog this time, too early to tell but the initial line move affords us some time.

Good eye Chop.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nebraska is terrible and zero defense

played HS teams

Whisky a fukkin powerhouse

Easy blowout

BaseballChaser
    BaseballChaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nebraska's best win is against Northwestern. They struggled against Illionis and Purdue.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

This one's a tough game to cap. Nebraska is not as good as their record, but their aren't terrible either and Wisconsin doesn't have the kind of offense that just runs teams out of the stadium. +9 is pretty insulting and Nebraska is going to be very motivated for Wisky, whom I believe is in their class talent-wise. The Huskers really need Jordan Westerkamp back for this game, as he is Tommy's security blanket and opens up the passing game immensely.

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Badgers linebacker and team leading tackler Jack Cichy out remainder of the year

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Nebraska is garbage

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I actually have Nebraska winning Chop.

This looks a bit like the Auburn/Arkansas last week. I had Auburn but the same type of metrics resulted in a forecast favoring Arkansas...we saw how that went.

Now we're dealing with a same thing, even two ranked teams. Could be the dog this time, too early to tell but the initial line move affords us some time.

Good eye Chop.
    I do respect your opinion but have to disagree with the comparison to the SEC game. If Nebraska had anyone on their schedule thus far they wouldn't be undefeated. They have road a terrible schedule to an undefeated season thus far is the only reason anyone is talking about this team. Whisky has played 3 teams already that would massacre Nebraska.
    I think Nebraska will find it very tough to score in this game and if they can't score the lead will swell as Huskier defense is mediocre at best. Nebraska has no business being in any conversation for the playoff and will be exposed as frauds down the stretch imo, starting with this game. I think whisky wins this by double digits.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Can you imagine the size of the women at this game? Bunch of dairy & corn fed farm girls with child bearing hips ready to spit out 4 kids. Maybe the Vikings should scout this game to cure their offensive line woes
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dfish, and rollie_t651

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I do respect your opinion but have to disagree with the comparison to the SEC game. If Nebraska had anyone on their schedule thus far they wouldn't be undefeated. They have road a terrible schedule to an undefeated season thus far is the only reason anyone is talking about this team. Whisky has played 3 teams already that would massacre Nebraska.
    I think Nebraska will find it very tough to score in this game and if they can't score the lead will swell as Huskier defense is mediocre at best. Nebraska has no business being in any conversation for the playoff and will be exposed as frauds down the stretch imo, starting with this game. I think whisky wins this by double digits.
    I hear you Unde, my comparison has more to do with my forecasts being so close and the lines moving to where they are, they seem very similar. The markets have a tendency to do that.

bettinJoe
    bettinJoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

put nebraska in a super teaser +18.5

feel very confident wisky wont score more than 24

JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nebraska is garbage

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

men your not smarter than the books

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Nebraska will beat Wisconsin.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Wont have Pav, Wisky by 10+.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nebraska is terrible and zero defense

played HS teams

Whisky a fukkin powerhouse

Easy blowout
    There you go. Grab Nebraska because this fool could not pick a winner if the name was printed on A CARD. What an idiot.
    Points Awarded:

shopbar picks gave BigdaddyQH 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Wisky has a rash of players questionable because of injuries. The line is dropping. Down to 8 1/2 in most Vegas shops. 12 players injured. One definately out. One almost definately out. 10 questionable.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    no chance

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

Westerkamp will play. I think the skers win outright Wisconsin struggled with a sad iowa team. I know it's camp Randell and the skers have got their asses handed to them there. But the receiving Corp may just suprise some people. It all depends on what stretch Armstrong shows up. The run and make good passes. Or the chuck the ball up for grabs. I'm taking Neb

ram1502
    ram1502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Wiscy -4.5 @ Iowa, and -9 at home vs. Nebby. Says Nebraska -3 vs Iowa at neutral site, or PK @ Iowa. Seems about right to me...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

This line is about to move down. You want +9, get it now. You want the badgers, wait

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

And it's +8 now

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

Nebraska's record misleading. Unconvinced by them, and away in Wisconsin they will get blown out. Laying the points

Public all over them bc of the undefeated record

Public road dog against a top 10 team= easy cover

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Ranked SOS 73 vs Wisconsin SOS 3

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Wisky has a rash of players questionable because of injuries. The line is dropping. Down to 8 1/2 in most Vegas shops. 12 players injured. One definately out. One almost definately out. 10 questionable.

Cichy is out. They are tired and worn out. It's just that part of the season where the aches and pains slow you down. That Badger defense is salty but until the offense picks it up and scores points they won't be covering any spreads anytime soon.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Never bet on a black QB. Especially a shitty one like Nebraska has.

If Nebraska can't run the ball, they are garbage because Armstrong can't throw worth a crap. This game decides who plays in the Big 10 championship game. Badgers will smoke a soft crappy Nebraska team.

The Hat
    Washington
    The Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

This ain't yer Papi's Husker team of old.

Wisc by double digits.

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

Either purdue is better without their headcoach or nebraska is not that good. Purdue has put up pretty good stats most week just never results in points. I guess my point is do we think nebraska is skating by luckily and beating bad to okay teams or are they the real deal. I still watch wisconsin games and haven't felt impressed. Something though has to be said for that wisconsin defense... I want to take purdue as an underdog against penn state but it all would depend on how nebraska does against wisconsin. Which i won't be able to compare since nebraska is the night game. If penn state destroys purdue though ill definitely take wisconsin. Nebraska right now is a very hard team to read. I think the purdue game may help a little put it all in perspective. I'm not saying cause so and so team beat blah but gives me a bit more confidence in Nebraska if penn state struggles to beat purdue too. Also what worries me about wisconsin is their close games. I mean remember ga southern game at wisconsin. I think wisconsin was winning only by 3 at the half against a reallly shitty team. Makes me wonder how an offense like Wisconsin's can only score 3. Clearly in my opinion wisconsins defense is the only reason wisconsin is a legitimate threat this year. Anyhow just my 2 cents take it for what it is worth.

smittyallsports
    smittyallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6929

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Never bet on a black QB. Especially a shitty one like Nebraska has.

If Nebraska can't run the ball, they are garbage because Armstrong can't throw worth a crap. This game decides who plays in the Big 10 championship game. Badgers will smoke a soft crappy Nebraska team.
    so this means no betting on clemson, ohio state, alabama, louisville, and just about every other college team that's worth a quarter lol. You are trying too hard man. with all due respect you sound like a complete moron.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Line is correct, Nebraska is a fraud. In fact, the two Wisconsin losses were actually both better than any Nebraska win!

bettinJoe
    bettinJoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Wisconsin 24
    Neb 17

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Nebraska has had some major injuries this year but still have found a way to win all 7.....including 10 of the last 11 going back to last season. I think Nebraska is more healthy at this point than Wisc. Wisc secondary is weak. Nebraska needs to exploit that. Wisc will run the ball successfully between the tackles. BUT Wisc is not that great on offense. I think Nebraska can hang in this game. The difference here is the home crowd. This isnt a Bo Pelini led team. Nebraska wont melt down and get blown out. Next two weeks will be a great indicator on where this team is. Nebraska is definatley not ready for Ohio State. I think Wisc pulls out the victory in this one but by a field goal. Nobody saw Penn State beating Ohio State..... you never know.

Husker36

I will add this..... Nebraska lost by 2 last year. This was supposed to be a down year for Wisc and an up year for Nebraska. Wisc has played much better than most predicted. But what makes them 2 scores better than Nebraska?

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchitown View Post
    Either purdue is better without their headcoach or nebraska is not that good. Purdue has put up pretty good stats most week just never results in points. I guess my point is do we think nebraska is skating by luckily and beating bad to okay teams or are they the real deal. I still watch wisconsin games and haven't felt impressed. Something though has to be said for that wisconsin defense... I want to take purdue as an underdog against penn state but it all would depend on how nebraska does against wisconsin. Which i won't be able to compare since nebraska is the night game. If penn state destroys purdue though ill definitely take wisconsin. Nebraska right now is a very hard team to read. I think the purdue game may help a little put it all in perspective. I'm not saying cause so and so team beat blah but gives me a bit more confidence in Nebraska if penn state struggles to beat purdue too. Also what worries me about wisconsin is their close games. I mean remember ga southern game at wisconsin. I think wisconsin was winning only by 3 at the half against a reallly shitty team. Makes me wonder how an offense like Wisconsin's can only score 3. Clearly in my opinion wisconsins defense is the only reason wisconsin is a legitimate threat this year. Anyhow just my 2 cents take it for what it is worth.
    Lets not forget...... top 3 offensive players were hurt for the last 2 games.

dg84
    dg84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 481

Nebraska has injuries all across their OL which probably explains the number when you consider Wisconsin's strength is their DL.

12 Last