BayArea888
    BayArea888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

Week 9 gifts or traps?

Auburn -2.5 @ Ole Miss

Baylor -3 @ Texas

Auburn's defense is stout and their run game is strong. Ole miss loses back-to-back games to two Tigers.

Texas just can't find a way to win games. Too many mistakes on both sides of the ball.

What scares me is the fact that they're both short (public) road faves.

Who will upset?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

No such thing as a trap game. Every time a square sees a short road favorite, they think it's a "trap". I love betting those. Have done well this year with them, especially with teams like NC and WMich.

Not trying to be a dick, this is helpful stuff to know.

FWIW, I love Baylor here. Much better team right now than Tex. 2 TDs better IMO.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Seriously. Texas sucks right now.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It is hard to believe that Baylor is only a 3 to 3 1/2 point favorite over a Texas team with a terrible defense. Baylor gets no respect at all, and has to win big time if they hope to get into the playoffs. Texas has not covered at home against Baylor in their last 4 games in Austin.

BayArea888
    BayArea888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

Good points ladies.

How about them Midshipmen? My book hasn't released the line for the Navy@USF game but I am seeing +8 at most books. That has gotta be way too big of a spread.

USF cannot stop the run which plays into Navy's #3 rushing game perfectly. Barring Flowers' injury update, one has to think this will be a close back-and-forth game.

Sprinkle some on Navy ML for the cherry on top.

Thoughts?

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

Im a big UT fan and I dont understand that line... Should be Baylor -10 at least IMO

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea888 View Post
    Good points ladies.

How about them Midshipmen? My book hasn't released the line for the Navy@USF game but I am seeing +8 at most books. That has gotta be way too big of a spread.

USF cannot stop the run which plays into Navy's #3 rushing game perfectly. Barring Flowers' injury update, one has to think this will be a close back-and-forth game.

Thoughts?
    Probably not what you want to hear, but it's a total stay-away game for me. Two teams that you have no real idea what they're going to bring. I don't get the USF love at all, but Navy is super unpredictable. Pass.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea888 View Post
    Good points ladies.

Thoughts?

I agree with this. Didnt' understand why they were favored at Temple, and don't understand why their favorite again here, albeit 8 points.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Texas is not a good team, but Baylor is even worse. They have literally played no one and that Okie St win should of been 1 TD less due to turnovers. If Baylor wins, it will be by 3 or less. They haven't been truly road tested and should of lost to ISU. I would be real careful betting on the Bears