TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Do NOT tease college football games

I've saw a lot of this and it is absolutely a money burner. Why are you teasing lines in games that have totals in the 60's and higher? The lines just aren't sharp and the talent disparity is much much more than the NFL

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Almost as comparable to college basketball

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Basketball teasers in general aren't worth much IMO. Only worth in teasers is teasing key numbers in the NFL

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

BUMP!

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

People needed to be told this?

jjgold

most do not tease college foots

Well smart players do not

jazzyj7
    jazzyj7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1160

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Basketball teasers in general aren't worth much IMO. Only worth in teasers is teasing key numbers in the NFL
    A 6 point teaser in basketball can have value on -8,-9 games.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

College is more volitale. Don't hate it for games with lower totals... but generally in the words of JJ, teasers are for suckers

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

I strongly disagree...I've had great success over the years doing them...in all sports....and have proven it in my various threads over the years here at SBR with real money wagers and tickets...no different than doing straight wagers or parlays...one side wins, the other loses...in either case, you have to pick the winning side........see my thread for reference...no need to repost my plays here...however here is a scenario where the teaser not only won and made me money but also saved me about $2,000 in potential losses!...

Wager type : Teaser Teaser : Super 13fb 10bk
    #1) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Memphis 10/1/2016 4:00PM - (PST)Spread +27½ for Game

#2) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Louisville 10/1/2016 5:00PM - (PST)Spread +15 for Game

#3) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : North Carolina 10/1/2016 12:30PM - (PST)Spread +24½ for Game

#4) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Navy 10/1/2016 12:30PM - (PST)Spread +20 for Game

#5) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Wake Forest 10/1/2016 12:30PM - (PST)Spread +22½ for Game

Risking : 500.00 To Win : 550.00 USD

this wager was several weeks ago and posted on my thread...the payout was over a grand and net profit of 550 or 5 units....Had I bet these game individually I would have lost over $2,000 plus juice or vig....it's all a matter of picking the right side!...

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I strongly disagree...I've had great success over the years doing them...in all sports....and have proven it in my various threads over the years here at SBR with real money wagers and tickets...no different than doing straight wagers or parlays...one side wins, the other loses...in either case, you have to pick the winning side........see my thread for reference...no need to repost my plays here...however here is a scenario where the teaser not only won and made me money but also saved me about $2,000 in potential losses!...

Wager type : Teaser Teaser : Super 13fb 10bk
    #1) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Memphis 10/1/2016 4:00PM - (PST)Spread +27½ for Game

#2) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Louisville 10/1/2016 5:00PM - (PST)Spread +15 for Game

#3) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : North Carolina 10/1/2016 12:30PM - (PST)Spread +24½ for Game

#4) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Navy 10/1/2016 12:30PM - (PST)Spread +20 for Game

#5) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Wake Forest 10/1/2016 12:30PM - (PST)Spread +22½ for Game

Risking : 500.00 To Win : 550.00 USD

this wager was several weeks ago and posted on my thread...the payout was over a grand and net profit of 550 or 5 units....Had I bet these game individually I would have lost over $2,000 plus juice or vig....it's all a matter of picking the right side!...

Thats great and all but that is one situation. Any time you have a situation where one sketchy game out of 5 in college football can ruin you, your in trouble. I've saw multiple posters talking about NCAA teasers and I just can't believe it. Teasers aren't always a suckers bet, but with college sports, they def are in football

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Teasers are a waste of time in general.....If you feel strongly about certain teams just take them against the spread or straight up

Rare exception for certain low scoring NFL games where you know a team like Seattle last night wasn't losing by double digits

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Teasers are a waste of time in general.....If you feel strongly about certain teams just take them against the spread or straight up

Rare exception for certain low scoring NFL games where you know a team like Seattle last night wasn't losing by double digits
    its not a waste of time if you consistently win and come out ahead!...and that is the name of the game....who gives a fuk if you do it via straight up, side bets, parlays, teasers, exotic props, etc!...like Al Davis used to say..."Just win, baby!"...hell, some SBR poster named fieryking just hit a prop of the Seattle/Cards game ending in a scoreless tie when the odds were stacked against him!..paid 250 to 1, he took a shot, and is now $25,000 richer!......PS...thread has gone viral and is on page one of players talk for reference!...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

First of all, Da Manster never tells us about his numerous losers. Next, every time there is a tie in the NFL, someone postgs that he hit it for huge money. It is Bull Sh*t. It never happened, just like his 20K winner never happened. People wager on teasers because they have absolutly no faith in their ability to pick a winner. Try to force these people into a straight bet and watch them run and hide.

Da Manster!

As usual you are full of caca!...you obviously don't follow my threads...I post every play I make!...win, lose, or draw...I happen to win more than I lose...and I usually come out way ahead...don't believe me?!...just go back and look at all of my previous threads over the years in football (both college and pro), ncaa mens hoops, and MLB!...all posted, validated and verified here on SBR!......Also, I never said that I won 20K...that was another poster you illiterate fuk!...Christ, you can't even read and comprehend posts!...and you, of all the posters here on SBR, ain't got no room to talk betting (-500) to (-3000) ML!...

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Thread title should read "Do not tease ANY games"

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Thread title should read "Do not tease ANY games"

NFL teasers crossing the 3 and 7 are profitable IMO

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Most books are juicing the key numbers or don't allow them to begin with. If you can find one that gives you decent vig and will allow you to tease key numbers I hope you win.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Most books are juicing the key numbers or don't allow them to begin with. If you can find one that gives you decent vig and will allow you to tease key numbers I hope you win.

weird, all I ever do is cross the 3 and 7 on 2 teamers with 6 points for -110.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

teasers never win and winners never tease

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

There is no need or advantage in doing teasers,from my experience, but I wish you well...................................B OL

jjgold

does anyone ever really win betting teasers weekly??

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    jj, are you done betting basketball?