beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

OR ST Total crashing due to HUGE STORM

Major storm supposed to hit tommorrow with 100 mph Gusts.Total down to 41 from 51 for game at Corvallis.Obviously the value is toast but still great for a teaser.But hard to see any points with a fruggin cyclone hitting nearby,so maybe still go under.Or find any player props for passing yards and slam the under or Slam the over for rushing yards.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i live a couple of hundred miles away in canada but it is staring to get really really windy.. just the last hour or sol.

burtonrider726
    burtonrider726's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6656

Our coastline just had a few small tornados hit. Manzanita, right outside Tillamook was on the news. I'm about 100 miles from Corvallis and we are going to have heavy rain and expected up to 50 mph winds in the metro area. Just trying to give some insight. I'd imagine a lot of running, missed kicks, or short crossing routes.

gojetsgomoxies

is corvallis grass or artificial turf?

not sure what ND-NCS was last week... but the teams had huge difficulty making 30 yard FG's. so the old "no offense but turnovers create points" idea may not apply to horrible weather.

i've always watched washington, oregon and OreState home games and bad weather/totals.. i finally came to the conclusion the weather is ALWAYS bad for these teams home games. but this sounds way out of the ordinary - and i should note that near the pacific coast isn't that windy at all much of the time but again this seems like very extreme weather.

muffmoolah
    muffmoolah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1273

Field Turf I believe I did a post on this already take Oregon St with the points this games are usually decided by 1 possession. Utah is down to the 6th RB cannot throw in these conditions. I played the spread as opposed to the total because the difficulty to punt in these conditions when the wind is going against you.

muffmoolah

these coaches are good friends I can see them both making a pact to burn clock to get this thing over with with conditions that are projected the under movement is a mirage. With these conditions it could go 7-7 and go OT. Oregon st spent a lot of time in prep to burning the clock on Cal and Gary was so proud they executed snaps at a excellent range of time 5 seconds roughly on play clock. I can see him turning that right over this week again.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Its kicking up fellas can confirm

muffmoolah

The wind projection has dropped a little for tomorrow night. Chance of rain has went the other way as well but, hey we bet on the information we have available to us. Watch the weather closely via any outlet available and you have a chance to be on the right side of it.

JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Other games for the under:

Wazzu
    Idaho
    SJSU

muffmoolah

right on point had all this written down but only went Idaho under in a parlay. Under 68 is a nice play in that spot

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

About 10 minutes from Corvallis, should be a fukkin mess tomorrow, it's been a mess since Thursday and the big stuff isn't supposed to hit until Saturday. Weather alert from 8am-8pm PST, winds reaching their peaks gusts between 1-4 pst. Sideways rain and crazy gusts on and off all day today, tomorrow probably more consistent for longer periods of time. Should be interesting, I don't know how they combine to score 40 unless some defensive TDs. Either way I'm taking a stab at it.

Weather does not look that bad tomorrow in Moscow, ID. Winds 5mph, 25% precip.
    Last edited by thellama; 10-15-16 at 12:38 AM.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

I'm looking out the window at the Pacific ocean pretty much straight west of Corvallis and it is nasty out. All of the locals are talking like it's the end of the world tomorrow. The worst winds are supposed to be between 11-4 tomorrow here on the coast so maybe an hour later at Corvallis.

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Quote Originally Posted by JTrain View Post
    Other games for the under:

Wazzu
    Idaho
    SJSU
    Idaho plays indoors.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Oregonians, keep us updated in this thread.

Hu$tle

Winds have slowed..raining but not too too hard

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    Idaho plays indoors.
    That's what I was thinking.

beefcake
    Update your status

Good job on the reporting gents!! That's what it is all about..making informed decisions!!

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Last that I heard was: Rain 1/4 - 1/2 inch,wind 25-30 mph with gust of 50 mph.......but the way I see it....if things are bad and the books still have a line on the game....I might bet the over!......This is still a very complicated bet with all the injury's to Utah.

Hu$tle

Here the storm wil pickup more this afternoon/night

gojetsgomoxies

i had a good link but lost it........... i saw that corvallis is really on the periphery of this storm.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/cor...arnings/330142

this is NOT the good link i saw.

there it is.... kind of a weird place to get this map from... http://www.lawrencevilleweather.com/warnings/or

offguard
    offguard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1199

Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle View Post
    Here the storm wil pickup more this afternoon/night
    Currently 12:30pst Oregon getting lite rain and winds less than 10mph. So far big storm is underperforming the predictions. Did have 1 tornado Thursday bt now much calmer..

gojetsgomoxies

how's do the game look? i.e. if it's on TV.

i was thinking that even if the storm isn't nearly as bad as was feared that the teams' game plans - run the ball, ball security - would probably be set before the game and won't change.

as for Utah's rb depth - they're 2nd string TB was a retired player recruited from the student population - i'm thinking probably almost all the WR, LB, DB's have played some TB in high school so shouldn't be that huge a deal - not nothing......... not like having to play a 260 lb player at DT.

UNDER i think is looking ok at this point - near end of 1st quarter.

gojetsgomoxies

wow, these extreme weather UNDER's are so easy............. as i said last week, these O/U's should move 20+ points from a normal weather game but they don't seem to.

i think the big thing with the extreme weather games is it is hard to run and hard to kick FG's...... so basically no scoring.

thellama

Punch it in here Utah for the easy cover.

offguard
    offguard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1199

Quote Originally Posted by thellama View Post
    Punch it in here Utah for the easy cover.
    ask & you shall receive Llama ). Winds now up to about 20mph, so we may have storm after all. Putting my Ute $$ on to Ohio st now.

beefcake
    Update your status

Another nice win guys!Storm or no Storm it still cashed!

thellama

Bah, they didnt' cover, no big deal really but as it stands if Stanford beats ND this cost me 510 bucks in a 5 team parlay I had. Had Stanford ML, I was figuring that would be the one to ruin it, not that backdoor cover by the Beaves.

JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

I'm an idiot on the Idaho game but the rest all cashed.

gojetsgomoxies

west coast/PNWest weather game i think all went seriously under all week, except USC.... might be moderately wrong on that statement but definitely HUGE UNDER bias.