Schweino
    Schweino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Early Week 5 picks

Happy Monday Fella's. I typically like to get my lines early in the week, and after reading over here is what I have picked and going with:

Miami -6 @ GT **
    Ole Miss - 14 @ Mephis *
    Baylor -16.5 @ Iowa State *
    Akron -5 @ Kent State *

Being an ACC guy and Seminole fan, I am looking at this Clemson vs Louy game carefully. As a Seminole fan, I am dying for a Clemson victory here in Death Valley, and if Clemson has a shot it will be because of Death Valley.

Head says Louy, heart wants Clemson.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

I have Miami scouted at about a 35 -23 victory
    Like the play, The hurricanes are very good,
    maybe G tech doesnt get that many points

Schweino

Nice to see you again Dodge. I'm close as you on the prediction...34-20.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I like the Baylor play. They have quietly become the best team in a rather poor Big 12 Conference, and Iowa State is, well Iowa State.

Schweino

ISU rush defense (which is bad) vs Baylor's hurry up attack, which is averaging 250 per so far albeit inferior teams.

Schweino

Thoughts Behind Picks

1. Miami -6 at Georgia Tech

Miami seems to have its head on straight so far this year with Richt at the helm. Their defense has been playing aggressively and their offense has been incredibly balanced against the soft schedule they've had. Georgia Tech is almost the darn opposite. A part of me feels it will be close in the beginning, due to GT being a triple option team (which eats clock), but the talent of Miami will be too much.

2. Akron -5 @ Kent State

This is a simple statistical read. Looking at the numbers of Yards Gained/Allowed for both teams against their respective opponents felt this line was too low, and so far I was right. BM has the line at -7 now and may even crawl a tad higher. Honestly, who actually watches the Zips...

3. Ole Miss -14 at Memphis

This is the weakest of my picks on slate. Ole Miss front 7 is pretty darn good, some may say even one of the best in the country. While Memphis has been great statistically on offense, they have not played anyone close who has these kind of caliber players that the Rebels have. Chad Kelly has had a good year so far, and against Memphis' secondary and lack of pass rush I do not see that changing at all. Rebels walk away with a 21 point victory here.

4. Baylor -16.5 @ Iowa State

...its Baylor vs Iowa State. Baylor could win this game by 35 just to get tuned up for Big 12 play. But as I stated above, ISU's rush defense has been god awful against some decent competition, allowing over 200 yards a game on the ground, while Baylor is stacking almost 250, mind you at lesser competition. The hurry up speed, and the lack of ISU stopping the run will only benefit Seth Russell and the Baylor WR's.

I do have 1 NFL play for Sunday in the books, and thats Denver -3 @ TB. Just for record keeping. Hope I made some sense, feel free to write counters/opinions, I just ask to do it in a civil manner
    Last edited by Schweino; 09-26-16 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Had GT -6, woops!

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by Schweino View Post
    Happy Monday Fella's. I typically like to get my lines early in the week, and after reading over here is what I have picked and going with:

Miami -6 @ GT **
    Ole Miss - 14 @ Mephis *
    Baylor -16.5 @ Iowa State *
    Akron -5 @ Kent State *

Being an ACC guy and Seminole fan, I am looking at this Clemson vs Louy game carefully. As a Seminole fan, I am dying for a Clemson victory here in Death Valley, and if Clemson has a shot it will be because of Death Valley.

Head says Louy, heart wants Clemson.
    A lot of value in Akron -5

Schweino

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    A lot of value in Akron -5
    The upside about getting lines early. Downside is sometimes it can backfire, just have to be very careful in the picks. Example, last week I grabbed FSU against USF early at -6, but I did see throughout the week the line dropped to -4 at BM before bouncing back up.

Schweino

ISU QB is hott...tearing apart Baylor's secondary! Nice pick Schweino