BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Utah -2 1/2 Over USC

Really. It is over 100 degrees out here and when that line came out, I thought it was Christmas. I am a USC grad, and I will tell you right now that Utah is going to beat USC. USC's offense simply can not score. Their QB is way too immobile to be any good. As long as keep starting Max Browne, and not the mobile Freshman Sam Darnold, their offense will be severely limited. Their defense is average at best, and very thin.

Utah was 6-0 last season until they lost to USC on the road. This year Utah is 3-0. This Home game is the biggest Hoe Game for Utah since a 2010 game against TCU. That TCU team beat Utah, and everyone else enroute to a 13-0 season which included a Rose Bowl win. Utah goes to UCLA and hosts both Oregon and UDub. They do not play Stanford. I simply cannot see USC keeping this game within 7 points. Utah has too much on the line to lose this game. And it is on a Friday Night to boot.

gambler705
    gambler705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2364

Someone must have hacked Barry's account. No way is he playing a -110 game. The real Barry BigDaddyQH is on Alabama ML over Kent State on Saturday. I called his 1-900 # and got the play personally. My local takes ML action early in the week so I wanted to get down on this before Barry and his legion of clients started hammering all week in Vegas and offshore and moved the line.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

I personally like USC myself. Their SOS is much better than Utah. Would you rather take the team that played Bama and Stanford or the team that played BYU and San Jose. Mark it down. I guarantee a USC victory.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

but can we agree that this line is a little too low.. its too low for comfort. it has USC written all over it. you'll be surprised what primetime lights does to a team that has been kind of struggling.

coitus_maximus

I am gonna wait while the public pounds Utah.

Snake24
    Snake24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7076

It's at 1.5.

luckyutah
    luckyutah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    but can we agree that this line is a little too low.. its too low for comfort. it has USC written all over it. you'll be surprised what primetime lights does to a team that has been kind of struggling.

The prime time lights were on against 'bama = lost 52-6

The prime time lights were on against stanford = lost 27-10

The prime time lights were on against stanford (last year) = lost 41-22

The prime time lights were on against oregon (last year) = lost 41-31

The prime time lights were on against notre dame (last year) = lost 48-28

Outside of UCLA, USC has not stepped it up against a quality opponent in over a year.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by luckyutah View Post

Outside of UCLA, USC has not stepped it up against a quality opponent in over a year.
    alright homer lol alls im saying is dont under estimate USC and think this is a walk in the park for the Utes cause it wont be

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by luckyutah View Post

Agreed, and while this will be a tough game, USC simply does not have the staying power. Clay Helton is 1-4 since losing the "interim" title and becoming the head coach. It is certainly possible that USC loses more than 6 games this season and fails to get a bowl game. Helton has shown time and time again that he cannot handle pressure. USC's offense has scored 1 TD against Alabama and Stanford. The defense simply wears out in the 2nd half.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by coitus_maximus View Post
    I personally like USC myself. Their SOS is much better than Utah. Would you rather take the team that played Bama and Stanford or the team that played BYU and San Jose. Mark it down. I guarantee a USC victory.
    You GUARANTEE a USC win? What will you do when they lose? Leave the forum? Come up with some dumb s**t excuse? Either way, win or lose, I will be looking for you. By the way, if you are going to wait for the public to pound Utah, you are going to have a long wait. The line is down to 1 1/2 now.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Agreed, and while this will be a tough game, USC simply does not have the staying power. Clay Helton is 1-4 since losing the "interim" title and becoming the head coach. It is certainly possible that USC loses more than 6 games this season and fails to get a bowl game. Helton has shown time and time again that he cannot handle pressure. USC's offense has scored 1 TD against Alabama and Stanford. The defense simply wears out in the 2nd half.
    well said QH, id have to see the 1H of this game, maybe a 2H play is essential for this game

michlafon15
    michlafon15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

I really like this play. Utah is not as good as last season but they dont need to be Utah 31 USC 21

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Utah utes is a lock, really good defense and usc looks like shit at everything. Utah line is a gift. Utah utes have even beaten bama before so don't look at who each team has played.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    well said QH, id have to see the 1H of this game, maybe a 2H play is essential for this game
    USC scored 24 second half points against Utah State at home. On the road, they have scored 10 points in the second half and given up 45. This is a road game. I think a 2nd half wager is certainly called for here.

Electrons
    Electrons's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Really. It is over 100 degrees out here and when that line came out, I thought it was Christmas. I am a USC grad, and I will tell you right now that Utah is going to beat USC. USC's offense simply can not score. Their QB is way too immobile to be any good. As long as keep starting Max Browne, and not the mobile Freshman Sam Darnold, their offense will be severely limited. Their defense is average at best, and very thin.

Utah was 6-0 last season until they lost to USC on the road. This year Utah is 3-0. This Home game is the biggest Hoe Game for Utah since a 2010 game against TCU. That TCU team beat Utah, and everyone else enroute to a 13-0 season which included a Rose Bowl win. Utah goes to UCLA and hosts both Oregon and UDub. They do not play Stanford. I simply cannot see USC keeping this game within 7 points. Utah has too much on the line to lose this game. And it is on a Friday Night to boot.
    USC switched QBs dumbass.

Helton announced Darnold is starting.

And guys on USC's message boards were reporting it last night.

Real fuking gamblers ALREADY KNEW USC made the QB switch.

Now, post your ML -450 loser to that fraud spreadsheet of yours.

coitus_maximus

OK, so you don't find it a bit too easy to take Utah at less than 3 after USC looked like mush against Stanford. What do you think the public is pounding here? Be my guest.

coitus_maximus

I also would like to see how Utah would do against Bama and Stanford. Calling USC poor because of those 2 losses? Hell BYU almost beat Utah, but hey, bad games happen. Yes I do know about those turnovers.

luckyutah
    luckyutah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

I agree that if Utah played USC's schedule, Utah would be 1-2.

If USC played Utah's schedule, they would be 3-0.

I think USC will be fired up in "save our season" mode.

But Utah lost to them last year and they will be fired up at home.

USC looked awful in their two weekday games last year; 0-2 ATS versus Colorado and Washington.

I think the line is about right at Utah -3. Slight lean towards the Utes.