temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

texas- cal game - another bootched call by the refs

Once again these refs and worst of all replay ofifcials don't know what the rules are- watch the call at the end of the game. guy from cal appears to score a long td run- but the idiot drops the ball before crossing line. texas player picks up the ball after the play. they ruled that it has to be an immediate recovery of the fumble. the rule reads this way.
    If Instant Replay is being used at the game, the play

is reviewable because of the clear recovery in the immediate

continuing action. (If there is no such clear recovery the play may not be reviewed.)

If he determines that player fumbled before crossing the goal line
    and if he can determine indisputably which team recovers the fumble, then the result of the review is a touchdown or a touchback,depending on which team recovers the ball.

-

p4$$ion
    p4$$ion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

happened in the osu/ou game too. dummy from the sooners executed a punt return and then let the ball go before entering the end zone.

winz
    refuse to lose
    winz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

not really botched imo...everyone assumed the td was good and stopped playing..eventually a few secs later the Texas guy picks up the ball off of the floor, but that was well after the momentum of the play was over..now had he dove on it immediately it would be a diff story.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Quote Originally Posted by winz View Post
    not really botched imo...everyone assumed the td was good and stopped playing..eventually a few secs later the Texas guy picks up the ball off of the floor, but that was well after the momentum of the play was over..now had he dove on it immediately it would be a diff story.
    Hit it on the nail. If Texas player immediately picked it up and ran it back they win. Since no one went after the ball they blew the play dead and called touchdown.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by mohye1980 View Post
    Hit it on the nail. If Texas player immediately picked it up and ran it back they win. Since no one went after the ball they blew the play dead and called touchdown.
    egg zack lee

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

I fell asleep in the 3rd. Looks like I missed the fireworks.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Football gets more and more unwatchable every day. Rigged as fukk. Texas guy picked it up within 3-5 seconds, not like the ball was sitting there for a minute. Refs and leagues own this game and will do everything they can to see the teams they want to win. I'm sure there will be more bs in the NFL today.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It was a close call the Texas deserved to lose disgrace of a defense like many many college teams

Sledge187

It was shocking how bad Texas got out coached in this one. They were so much more talented than Cal.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Lol at the dumbfukks saying it wasn't "immediate". The ball was still rolling around when the Texas player picked it up. It was picked up in 2.8 secs to be exact. When do you ever see a defender picking up a dead ball after a touchdown?

This call was totally blown.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Lol at the dumbfukks saying it wasn't "immediate". The ball was still rolling around when the Texas player picked it up. It was picked up in 2.8 secs to be exact. When do you ever see a defender picking up a dead ball after a touchdown?

This call was totally blown.
    Stop

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Strong robbed. Texas will bounce back.

Sledge187

This was a bad game for UofH. Charlie Strong is gone and Tom Herman is in. Everyone knows this is going to happen.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    This was a bad game for UofH. Charlie Strong is gone and Tom Herman is in. Everyone knows this is going to happen.
    Quit being a hater.

temple2010

charlie strong= bad decisions. 1:30 left in the game 4th and 10 and he punts (they had 2 timeouts) did he forget his defense couldn't stop Cal all night and even if he got the ball back did he think his offense could drive about 90 yds for the tying td (at that point with no timeouts)??? They had already given up 50 points!!

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    charlie strong= bad decisions. 1:30 left in the game 4th and 10 and he punts (they had 2 timeouts) did he forget his defense couldn't stop Cal all night and even if he got the ball back did he think his offense could drive about 90 yds for the tying td (at that point with no timeouts)??? They had already given up 50 points!!
    They were on their own 21, what was he supposed to do?

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

the longhorns blew my 8 team 6pt teaser. 7 games won and the last game, the longhorns couldn't fuking win by 1.

I cried and then went to bed. stayed up late as fuk on the east coast to be let down by the shithorns

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Definitely was a blown call, Texas safety was kind of non chalant picking the ball up but it was done almost right away, and he did it because he saw that is was close if it was a TD or not.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

so long as the gay-ass t-sips got screwed by another call, possibly one that cost them the game, I'm good with it.....

any day pompous tu grads suffer do to their sorry ass team losing is a good day in DonkLand.....

Gig Em!!!!

temple2010

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    They were on their own 21, what was he supposed to do?
    if they had 3 timeouts instead of 2 and not already given up 50 pts and their defense was completely cooked i would agree.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    if they had 3 timeouts instead of 2 and not already given up 50 pts and their defense was completely cooked i would agree.
    Youre right Im wrong, I was thinking the game was still tied at this point, but Cal had already scored.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

All of you f**king losers can stop your whining and crying now. There is only one reason why you lose and that is because you wager on the losing team. No one forced you morons to wager on Texas. The Ref's and off the field officials are party of the game. NO one gives a s**t about what you think or how you would have made the call. I mean NO ONE. If you do not like it, then get your worthless arses out of here.

Charlie Strong is a s**t head coach. He has never had a decent defense. He will lose at least three games in the Big 12, which is by far, the worst Power 5 conference around. The Big 12 is a disgrace. Their best team will be put on years of probation at any time. There will be no Big 12 rep in the playoffs this season.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    All of you f**king losers can stop your whining and crying now. There is only one reason why you lose and that is because you wager on the losing team. No one forced you morons to wager on Texas. The Ref's and off the field officials are party of the game. NO one gives a s**t about what you think or how you would have made the call. I mean NO ONE. If you do not like it, then get your worthless arses out of here.

Charlie Strong is a s**t head coach. He has never had a decent defense. He will lose at least three games in the Big 12, which is by far, the worst Power 5 conference around. The Big 12 is a disgrace. Their best team will be put on years of probation at any time. There will be no Big 12 rep in the playoffs this season.
    He was the d coach when they won the national championship at fla. He had a good de at louisville.As a texas fan I felt the let down was inevitable. Also when ever they play a non finesse team they have problems. It is why byu and ucla kick their arse in years by gone. They got used to being stron armed under mack and until they get a badass linebacker then they will always be soft.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

and again a blown call effects the team everyone bet. By the way this is another rule created for gambling purposes because the books have been burnt by this type of play before( a nitwit dropping the ball before crossing the goal line) Kinda like when u muff a punt and can not return the ball. Another rule created because books were getting burnt by shitty teams who had the game covered at that point. Carry on.

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Quit being a hater.
    I'm not being a hater but this is definitely going to happen. I hope Herman stays at UofH but he is going to have every major program after him....especially Texas!

michlafon15
    michlafon15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

the question is this. why cant these players run the ball into the endzone and give it back to the ref?? coaches need to start coaching these players on how to score a td

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post

i rarely say this but you're right here QH, longhorns are fugazi