Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

James Franklin Now On The Hot Seat

James Franklin said Pitt's defenders were clapping to throw off PSU's snap count and he doesn't seem to love it.

https://twitter.com/psufootblog/stat...00212124258304

Guy should have never left Vanderbilt. This will be his last major program to coach.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

This PSU coach whining and complaining in public about players smacking hands together

Joe Pa didn't get as upset about dirty old man smacking his genitalia on little boys in the shower

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He covered +6 for me. Eating steak and lobster tonight.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Where can you get steak and lobster for 5 bucks. That is all you wager. You are also way behind overall.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

How is he on the hot seat.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    How is he on the hot seat.
    A lot of articles talking about it. Bad conference record so far. Started this season losing to Temple and Pitt. It's all over Twitter how he makes excuses for everything.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

In over his head, punk-ass bitch.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    A lot of articles talking about it. Bad conference record so far. Started this season losing to Temple and Pitt. It's all over Twitter how he makes excuses for everything.
    They play Temple next week, they won against Kent St last week.

jtoler

Funny how guys like him are always on the hot seat so quickly, I dont get it. He took over a devastated program and somehow managed to have two winning seasons with them.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Funny how guys like him are always on the hot seat so quickly, I dont get it. He took over a devastated program and somehow managed to have two winning seasons with them.
    It was devastated when O'Brien got there. It was on its way back when Franklin got there.

As much as I never liked the scheme PSU had, Franklin actually made it worse. Just a bad fit. He'll do better somewhere else, but he needs out of there IMO.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    It was devastated when O'Brien got there. It was on its way back when Franklin got there.

As much as I never liked the scheme PSU had, Franklin actually made it worse. Just a bad fit. He'll do better somewhere else, but he needs out of there IMO.
    How can you be on your way back in a year and with many players having already left? Also the jerking around with scholarships.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Coach Franklin will have the lads ready next week. He covered the spread today. Boosters are happy.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like you can add butch jones...VT finally has a modern offense to go with that bad as bud foster defense.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

funny how black coaches are always on the hot seat so quickly,.
    fify

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

James Franklin is now in some very heady financial company.

Friday morning, Penn State’s Board of Trustees Committee on Compensation, as expected, unanimously approved an amended contract for their head football coach. While no details were released — that’s expected to happen later today — it’s believed the amended deal will extend through the 2023 season. Franklin’s old contract ran through 2019.

Additionally, Bruce Feldman of SI.com is reporting that the new six-year deal will average $5.8 million annually. What Franklin’s compensation for 2017 and beyond will, again, be divulged later on today.

The average of $5.8 million a year would make him the fourth-highest-paid coach in college football, behind only Alabama’s Nick Saban and a pair of fellow Big Ten coaches — Ohio State’s Urban Meyer and Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh.

Set to enter his fourth season with the Nittany Lions, Franklin has an overall record of 25-15 at the school. After a pair of 7-6 seasons to begin his tenure, 2016 was a breakout one for the program as they went 11-3 and won the Big Ten championship for the first time since 2008.

Expectations are extremely high coming off that breakout season as the Nittany Lions are ranked sixth in the preseason coaches’ poll.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Lol, Internet

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Penn State plays a very soft non-con schedule this season. Their entire season will probably be decided in Columbus on 10/28, but they do host Michigan on the 21st in what could be a look ahead game.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Should be still on the SMU treatment plan, but top 10 team and talent instead. Franklin is scum too. Getting paid, good for him. Strike while the iron is hot, then fall off. Will always be Michigan and Ohio State's bitch. Just a little run like MSU had, and look at them now.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Still clueless I see.

I'll make it easy for you. Your opinions come from the freeh report, everything was given back because there were no facts in the freeh report. Freeh is to psu as cnn is to news. Nobody cares about facts though.

It's like people think psu got everything back magically. Actually 99% have no idea it even happened or anything else but day 1 headlines.

You're no different than the left about trump. Same fukkin thing.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Do tell the facts. Sandusky wasn't a monster? Joe Pa is a saint? I know you will never be able to see through the PSU glasses. It's all good. Not your fault. Franklin is scum too, but his past isn't fact. OJ didn't murder, and Casey Anthony didn't kill her kid.