bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Commander-In-Chief's trophy stolen from Navy

wheres the court marshal's at over this one

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- Before Navy can retain the Commander-In-Chief's Trophy by beating Army on Saturday, the Midshipmen will first have to find it.

AP/Ron Edmonds
    Have you seen this trophy? It was stolen from the Navy locker room.

The trophy, awarded annually to the winner of the football competition between the three major service academies, was stolen Monday night from the team locker room, Navy spokesman Scott Strasemeier said Wednesday.

The trophy had been on display in a locked glass case for the past two years at Bancroft Hall, the school's dormitory. It was moved to the football building to provide motivation for the players, but sometime after 9:30 p.m., the 170-pound trophy was taken from the locked building, Strasemeier said.

Left in its place was a note that read: "Before we win the football game on Saturday, we thought we would take the trophy. By the time you read this, it will be halfway to West Point," home of the U.S. Military Academy.

"We don't know who did it," Strasemeier said. "The investigation is ongoing."

Although it would appear that the theft was an Army prank, there was no evidence except for the note. In the past, Army has stolen the goat that Navy used as a mascot.

"We hope that it's a prank, and I am assuming it is, considering the note that was left," Strasemeier said. "As long as the trophy shows up Saturday in the same condition as it was Monday night, no harm, no foul."

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow! I bet they sent in the Army Rangers to steal that bad boy and now Navy will send in the Seals to get it back. This could be interesting!

That being said, I'm all over Navy in this one @ -5.5.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7
    I'm all over Navy in this one @ -5.5.
    I like your chances because dan likes Army. He has been on the wrong side of this game for the last 14 years.

I plan on pounding Navy this weekend.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

na, i don't think it's been 14 years.but, it's probly close to it. ever sesne that freshman kicker missed that chip shot FG back in the mid 90's. i have always picked the wrong side of that game