Alex Hart
    Update your status
    Alex Hart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Navy -6 at Home vs UCONN

I was looking over some of the early lines for next weekend and this one caught my attention.

UCONN beat Maine 24-21 in week 1 on a field goal with 11 seconds left. UCONN isn't very good.

You guys have any thoughts on this? I think Navy covers.

Thanks!

EDIT: Line has dropped to Navy -3.5
    Last edited by Alex Hart; 09-06-16 at 07:38 AM.

nymets
    nymets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5740

Navy starting QB, Tago Smith, is out indefinitely with a knee injury. Just a heads up for you.

Alex Hart
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by nymets View Post
    Navy starting QB, Tago Smith, is out indefinitely with a knee injury. Just a heads up for you.
    Wasn't aware of that, thanks!

nymets
    nymets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5740

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hart View Post
    Wasn't aware of that, thanks!
    No Problem, your welcome

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Tough call. UConn returns 10 starters on offense, but obviously they are not very good, being held to 24 points at home by Maine. They are also 1-7 ATS coming off a S/U Non-con win. The line is down to 4 1/2 in Vegas, and that is probably too good to pass on.

phil_abuster
    phil_abuster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

have to agree with u alex.
    uconn lucky in their home game against weak opp. now theyre on the road and against much better team than maine which is only a mediocre fcs squad.
    yep, navy lost their starting qb but he is not a star, just the starter. when tago smith left they were leading 21-10, navy is a rushing team. there was no dropoff. in fact they proceeded to outscore fordham 31-6 with their 2 backup qbs and those backup qbs threw the only passes and completed all 4! good defense and sp t also!
    the line has inexplicably dropped.
    navy covers -4 at home easily (possible rout)

also at a loss to explain bama only laying -28.
    they just routed a team (usc) which has the tools to be good, certainly rated better than WKU.
    and bama did that on a neutral field!
    now in bamaland vs team not rated even as good as usc.
    roll tide -28

Alex Hart
    Update your status

Heritage now has it at -3.5

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Yeah Navy had 10 different players rush the ball throughout the game for an efficient 427 rush yards... That's some hardbody s**t!

phil_abuster

additionally i have bet these lines for the weekend of sept 10:

buckeyes -29 whupped a mediocre falcons squad by 67 pts; golden canes are equally mediocre
    boilermakers +6.5 defeated fcs team at home by 21; cinci was struggling at half at home vs a weak fcs team!
    washington -36.5 whupped rutgers by 35 pts; vandals are even worse!
    panthers -5.5 pitt beats a good villanova squad by 21; pennst win vs weak opponent, but now road game.
    black knights -9.5 went on the road and beat temple by 15; now theyre at home against an even weaker opponent!
    jayhawks -2.5 whupped ri by 49 pts; while ohio lost AT HOME to a team about the same as jayhawks
    badgers -24 zips could hang around for a bit, but now badgers should be on a mission
    canes -24 led fla a&m by 67 pts after only 3q; owls are better opponent but not near enough defense
    ducks -24.5 cavaliers handed a 17 pt beat down AT HOME to an fcs opponent!! now they travel to oregon
    bluedevils -5 duke had a 49-0 lead at half and emptied the bench; duke is 10 pts better than wake

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by nymets View Post
    No Problem, your welcome
    *you're

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by phil_abuster View Post
    additionally i have bet these lines for the weekend of sept 10:

buckeyes -29 whupped a mediocre falcons squad by 67 pts; golden canes are equally mediocre
    boilermakers +6.5 defeated fcs team at home by 21; cinci was struggling at half at home vs a weak fcs team!
    washington -36.5 whupped rutgers by 35 pts; vandals are even worse!
    panthers -5.5 pitt beats a good villanova squad by 21; pennst win vs weak opponent, but now road game.
    black knights -9.5 went on the road and beat temple by 15; now theyre at home against an even weaker opponent!
    jayhawks -2.5 whupped ri by 49 pts; while ohio lost AT HOME to a team about the same as jayhawks
    badgers -24 zips could hang around for a bit, but now badgers should be on a mission
    canes -24 led fla a&m by 67 pts after only 3q; owls are better opponent but not near enough defense
    ducks -24.5 cavaliers handed a 17 pt beat down AT HOME to an fcs opponent!! now they travel to oregon
    bluedevils -5 duke had a 49-0 lead at half and emptied the bench; duke is 10 pts better than wake
    Not bad, but you totally depend on what teams have done in one game and that does not work. Did you know that Army is 1-10 ATS in the situation they find themselves in this week? What about Virginia who is a poor 1-4 ATS as a HF in the past two seasons but 7-2 ATS as a Road Dog in that same period of time? How can you say that a Villanova is a "good" team when they are an FCS team? Kent State is an FBS team. Purdue is 4-14 ATS as a home dog in the past 4 seasons. Do yourself a favor. Stop trying to act like you know it all. You do not. Not even close. Don't tell us about weaker FCS opponents. Don't tell us who is strong and who is not based on one week.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

U Conn is solid on Defense, and very stagnant on offense, but they tend to play
    a style that slows the pace down
    Looks like Navy should win around 27-17

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I still cant see how you guys like Navy, everything points against them. What reason do you have.

phil_abuster

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Do yourself a favor. Stop trying to act like you know it all. You do not. Not even close. Don't tell us about weaker FCS opponents. Don't tell us who is strong and who is not based on one week.
    --------
    wow!
    my first post ever where i post pics and add a comment and I'm attacked!
    amazing. i add comments giving just 1 or 2 key reasons (out of several) why i personally like these picks FOR ME and MY bets only - in no way directly telling nor even implying to OTHERS what THEY should bet with their money - and some guy attacks me!?!?
    im also saying i believe ALABAMA, CLEMSON, FLORIDA STATE, STANFORD, HOUSTON and OHIO STATE are "strong"
    will this dude attack me again because he assumes i must only be basing that belief on just one week!?
    un believable!
    i guess this is my welcome into the sbr discussion forums

anyway, to the rest of u out there who r much more friendly and polite, i do wish u success this week!
    cheers!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I still cant see how you guys like Navy, everything points against them. What reason do you have.
    What points against the Navy? Yes they lost their starting QB but he was not an critical part of the offense to begin with. What else am I missing? Certainly not UConn's offense which managed just 24 points over Maine. One of the things that points against UConn is their 4-14 ATS record as an away dog over the past 4 years, including last years 1-4 mark.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

--------
    wow!
    my first post ever where i post pics and add a comment and I'm attacked!
    amazing. i add comments giving just 1 or 2 key reasons (out of several) why i personally like these picks FOR ME and MY bets only - in no way directly telling nor even implying to OTHERS what THEY should bet with their money - and some guy attacks me!?!?
    im also saying i believe ALABAMA, CLEMSON, FLORIDA STATE, STANFORD, HOUSTON and OHIO STATE are "strong"
    will this dude attack me again because he assumes i must only be basing that belief on just one week!?
    un believable!
    i guess this is my welcome into the sbr discussion forums

anyway, to the rest of u out there who r much more friendly and polite, i do wish u success this week!
    cheers!
    Read what you wrote. Everything is about you and your way. Your opinion. All you did was tell us about last weeks results. We can look those up. Next time, try giving us better reasons why you picked who you did. Read how a lot of people in here write up their picks. They write about player match ups. Team match ups. They do not dwell on what happen last week. Show me one mention of a specific player in your post. You can't because there is none. Show me one mention about strengths and weaknesses of various offenses and defenses. Again you cannot because there is none. You claim that you gave one or two "key" reasons out of several. If that is the case, why did you use the same "key" reasons for every write up? Could it be that those "key" reasons is all you have?
    Points Awarded:

Isaiah gave BigdaddyQH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Isaiah

phil_abuster

again, to the rest of u out there who r much more friendly and polite, i do wish u success this week!
    cheers!

update: cool! i just discovered a feature here called the "ignore list"
    just tried it on that pedantic bully's username and it hides his ignorant posts from view!
    happy dance
    Last edited by phil_abuster; 09-08-16 at 12:09 PM.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

Under seems like the better play

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    What points against the Navy? Yes they lost their starting QB but he was not an critical part of the offense to begin with. What else am I missing? Certainly not UConn's offense which managed just 24 points over Maine. One of the things that points against UConn is their 4-14 ATS record as an away dog over the past 4 years, including last years 1-4 mark.
    Navy might be the last team in the nation returning starters on offense might affect, but they did only return 2 starters on offense this year, thats probably the lowest in all of college ball. Trust me I can see Navy running all over them and even moreso at home, but this just maybe one that the Huskies are up for more. They have an experienced team, although that experience has shown to suck in past years, it counts for something, especially contrasted with Navy's inexperience. They started last year with another FCS opponent in Villanova and barely scraped by then the following week faced Army at home just like theyre facing Navy here and they beat Army, same styled team as Navy. But the reason "sharps" are really on this line is because that same experienced Husky team lost to a much better Navy team by ten and here they get 6 pts with a much more inexperienced team, if one only wanted to go from that simple logic says 6 sounds tasty.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

again, to the rest of u out there who r much more friendly and polite, i do wish u success this week!
    cheers!

update: cool! i just discovered a feature here called the "ignore list"
    just tried it on that pedantic bully's username and it hides his ignorant posts from view!
    happy dance
    That is unfortunate because BigdaddyQH is the the only poster in this forum that is worth reading besides me.
    Incurring his wrath is a right of passage here and you have failed the test. If you are lucky he will give you a second chance and you will benefit from his encyclopedic knowledge and expertise. He has forgotten more about sports handicapping than you will ever know so don't be so sensitive, he is trying to help you. If he didn't care about you he wouldn't bother pointing out the errors of your way. Believe me, you need him he doesn't need you. So your response should be "thank you sir may I have another!".

BigdaddyQH is to football handicapping what Professor Kingsfield is to Law.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 09-09-16 at 03:41 AM.

phil_abuster

hmmm. wasnt expecting a shill/brown-noser to reply but ill just plop that impolite/ignorant username into my ignore list too. makes everything simpler and more pleasant.

meanwhile, to the much more polite, respectful, and friendly out there, i do wish u success this weekend!

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

hmmm. wasnt expecting a shill/brown-noser to reply but ill just plop that impolite/ignorant username into my ignore list too. makes everything simpler and more pleasant.

meanwhile, to the much more polite, respectful, and friendly out there, i do wish u success this weekend!
    24 posts, juvenile avatar, use of bold type, red script, blue script and over use of emoticons all in one short moronic post. Impressive.

Gosh you must be a real serious player! A mover and shaker! A prime time shot calling VIP!

Go pop your zits and get to bed junior, it's past your bedtime. You are a nobody.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 09-10-16 at 01:17 AM.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    24 posts, juvenile avatar, use of bold type, red script, blue script and over use of emoticons all in one short moronic post. Impressive.

Gosh you must be a real serious player! A mover and shaker! A prime time shot calling VIP!

Go pop your zits and get to bed junior, it's past your bedtime. You are a nobody.
    sheesh let the guy make it man!

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Philabusterer don't listen to either of those assholes. Both are losers in life. I can tell you're a winner, kid. Keep up the good work.

I love Navy here

phil_abuster

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Philabusterer don't listen to either of those assholes. Both are losers in life. I can tell you're a winner, kid. Keep up the good work.
    thank u! hope u had a good week, in addition to your navy winner!
    if oregon continues their rout i will pocket a good start myself
    already looking forward to some more fun next week!
    i normally like to wait until october before betting nfl, but love colleges early