bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Player Ratings

See all the ratings numbers associated to new recruits got me to wondering if there are any player ratings for existing players out there.

It would be great, especially early in the season, to be able to look over a team that I wasn't familiar with, and see that their linebackers are pretty good for the level, and their OL not so much.

I did a search and wasn't able to find any, but if they're out there and I missed them please let me know.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I know of none. Lindy's Magazine rates players by position, both offensively and defensively. Normally they rate 12 players per position, along with 6 punters, PK's and All Purpose players. That is about as close to player ratings as I have seen. Other mags use power ratings to rate things suck as offensive lines, defensive lines, etc... but not necessairly individuals. There also is a problem of these ratings being accurate. Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram was rated the 20th best back by Lindy's, and USC reserve QB Aaron Corp was rated 25th overall. Notre Dame QB Clausen was rated 23rd.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Thanks for response BDQH.

I know they'd only be roughly accurate, but I still think it would be fun to have them for the little conferences so that you could tell at a glance something about the perceived talent level of each unit. Comparing it to actual results, and updating the numbers would then become a handicapping task.