BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Big Six Saturday

This Saturday starts the legitimate part of the Bowl Season. Six games will allow us to see just who the serious players are and who are the "alleged" players who will no doubt wager a lot of air on each and every game. It all starts with a way too early St. Pete's Bowl, between a 6-6 UConn against a 9-3 Marshall. The hype about UConn belonging to the AAC and Marshall playing in the lowly C-USA has dropped the point spread to Marshall -4 1/2. Hint: The AAC is 0-2 and C-USA is 2-1 going into this evenings lay in Hawaii. Wager accordingly.

The Sun Bowl features our first Bowl game between two Power 5 opponents. ACC Miami (8-4) plays Pac 12 Washington State (8-4). Miami has a new HC in Mark Richt who will not be on the sidelines, but will be watching and taking notes for next season. Richt will be specifically watching the offense, which has almost everyone returning. Wazzu had a very successful season, if you discount the bookend losses (24-14 to Portland State and a 45-10 blowout at Washington). This team emulates their HC Mike Leach, which means anything can happen.

While that game is on, Southern Miss will tangle with Washington in the "Heart of Dallas" Bowl. That sounds like the name of a salad. Washington (6-6) is a big favorite (8 1/2) thanks to a win over the above mentioned Wazzu at the end of the season. Southern Miss came from nowhere to win 9 games this season. NO doubt that Washington played the tougher schedule, but was it a 8 1/2 point tougher schedule?

The Big 10 swings into action as 6-6 Indiana and 7-5 Duke of the ACC get together in Yankee Staduim for the Pinstripe Bowl. Indiana is a slight (2 1/2) favorite thanks, in part, to Duke's 1-4 finish. It should be noted that Indiana had to defeat both Maryland (3-9) and Purdue (2-10) to get to this game. Both teams can score, and both have questionable defenses at best. The total is a deserving 71.

The Independence Bowl features two 6-6 teams, and what will be a very emotional farewell to a great head coach. Tulsa and Virginia Tech, both at 6-6 will face each other in the final game for Tech Head Coach Frank Beamer. While the vast majority of the nation will be pulling for Tech and Beamer to go out a winner, the books want to take advantage of Joe Pub and have made Tech a 14 point favorite. Really?

If a team is going to be a 14 point favorite, you would think it would be the Pac 10's UCLA (8-4) who plays the Big 10's Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-7). Sure Nebraska will be playing to save face and for some pride, but can they stop UCLA's offense. Probably not, seeing that the Bruins scored 21 or more points in each of their losses. Nebraska's defense has not been real good. 6 1/2 points certainly may not be enough.

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

Copy and paste works wonders for you I see... Make your 6 picks pro and lets see if you even break .500... And none of this betting -700 or higher ML's... Your great granddaughter could pick a winner everytime with those odds...

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

All i know is Tulsa has a swiss cheese defense, like high school quality defense. I bet Tulsa over Tulane final game of the season and it won but my god I couldn't believe what I was watching, those dudes are awful!! Tech will be in one of parlays for sure

BeeFree
    BeeFree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 991

Quote Originally Posted by KSmooth4U View Post
    Copy and paste works wonders for you I see... Make your 6 picks pro and lets see if you even break .500... And none of this betting -700 or higher ML's... Your great granddaughter could pick a winner everytime with those odds...

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by KSmooth4U View Post
    lmao

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Next week should be fun. Basically non stop football from Saturday to the following Sunday.