LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

An added variable here that nobody has mentioned: Maybe Murray wants to focus on BASEBALL and Sumlin was asking him not to try to play both sports.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 12-17-15 at 06:51 PM. Reason: meant NOT to try

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Sumlin to the Browns gaining steam

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    An added variable here that nobody has mentioned: Maybe Murray wants to focus on BASEBALL and Sumlin was asking him not to try to play both sports.
    What I read is that Murray said he is transferring and the decision is final. Nothing has been said that he plans to quit playing football which would make sense but these guys focus on football first most of the time and with daddy being a big-time player is something he likely wants to be.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    How is that answering the question I asked. Why is it different for Sumlin, why would anyone mention that he was on some hot seat when nobody ever mentions hot seat when others transfer from other schools, so why with Sumlin?
    easy as far as the tech/aTm situation.... tech is way out in bumb fuk egypt, with little history of success, and no one really gives a fuk what they do, on or off the field,.... aTm has a much more powerful alumni base, and a little more success in recent years -- dating back to the sherrill years, but a much higher profile program to say the least, particularly with the move to the SEC.....

Overall, much more pressure to perform at aTm than Tech

only thing that's ever happened at Tech that drew ntl' attention was that dopy fuk'n coach lockin' craig james's pussy son in the tin shed that doubled as tech's field crew's equipment room.... it was about as big as the shed out back of my house that my mescins keep their riding lawn mower and weed eaters in...... yep, tech is "bigtime" with facilities iike that

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Sumlin could do no wrong with Johnny Football and he didn't win a division or conference title with him either. I didn't hear anything about HIM being on the hot seat then, I actually heard he was UP for promotions like the Raiders job..............now he has to win 9 games or loses his job?????? Plus Johnny Football can't keep his nose clean???? IF, and I do mean IF...........Sumlin is on the hot seat it has absolutely NOTHING to do with winning football games. He has proven he could do that.
    lay off the bong hits before saying the head coaching gig at tech is a "promotion" from the aggie gig..... nobody in the state of tx has ever thought that.........

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    lay off the bong hits before saying the head coaching gig at tech is a "promotion" from the aggie gig..... nobody in the state of tx has ever thought that.........
    Don't get carried away. It was a promotion and A&M ducked playing Tech this year because they were terrified of getting beat. That A&M offense playing against Tech could have been embarrassing and they damn sure don't want any piece of them now. When you are ducking them, there ain't too much difference even if maybe there outta be.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    Well yeah. It was good times with Johnny Football. But the good times ain't been seen lately. Aggies expect more. Aggies and LSU used to play every year and LSU backed out because they got tired of losing. Now A&M gets beat by LSU every damn year and is not even competitive. It's getting old. They are going to take a beating next year most likely. If they can't do it in 2017, it's going to get really damn old.

They want 9 wins at A&M. They ain't taking any less. Not for Sumlin or anybody.
    11-2 and 9-4 with Johnny Football, two 8-4's without him. Now why is Sumlin on the hot seat again?????? You lose the Heisman trophy winner and HE ONLY falls off ONE game from the year before. He has played 3 quarterbacks since Manziel left and has 16 more wins. Wow. The Aggies are a delusional bunch. May actually be coaching better than he was with Manziel

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    Oakland Raiders Donk. Oakland Raiders.

Buffalo Nickle

Wow. The Aggies are a delusional bunch.
    You don't know the half of it. They believe they are a national power and Manziel should just be an average year. Keep in mind, these people consider Rick Perry as a STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE and George W Bush as the greatest president that ever lived.
    Last edited by Buffalo Nickle; 12-17-15 at 08:23 PM.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    People not realizing that Sumlin is the one that GOT these kids to sign with A&M in the first place. You don't want to lose that. Aggies have never been able to recruit like this in their entire history. I'd give him a pass on this one, and see if he handles this next batch differently.

And yes, black coaches get much shorter leashes. They just do, nobody has any real patience with them. If they're not amazing right away, they're on the hotseat. If they are amazing, then have a down year or two, they're on the hotseat.
    Sumlin could do no wrong with Johnny Football and he didn't win a division or conference title with him either. I didn't hear anything about HIM being on the hot seat then, I actually heard he was UP for promotions like the Raiders job..............now he has to win 9 games or loses his job?????? Plus Johnny Football can't keep his nose clean???? IF, and I do mean IF...........Sumlin is on the hot seat it has absolutely NOTHING to do with winning football games. He has proven he could do that.
    Already addressed that, see bolded above. And the Aggies aren't expected to win a national title ever, despite what that loony fan base thinks. They just got to the SEC, and the SEC West of all places. It's going to take awhile, and Sumlin right now is the best option they have to get them there. Aggies were a mediocre Big 12 team for a decade until he got there, and he's still winning Texas in the recruiting battle. You can't let that go, not right now. You may never get that back.

It's a real similar situation to what's going on in UNLV Basketball. Dave Rice had success with his system at BYU, comes in and recruits Top 50 kids left and right, something Lon Kruger, great as he was could never do, and we have Gorman and Finley Prep in our own backyards. So these kids all play like retards, and a lot of them have transferred out, but they're exciting and get drafted into the NBA (Bennet, Vaughn), so coach Rice gets a longer leash because we haven't seen this level of talent here since Tarkanian, and we know his system worked at one point, so we wait and wait.

Ralphie Halves

And I would be absolutely shocked if any coach that runs spread/Air Raid is a frontrunner for a HC job in the NFL.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's what I mentioned in the other thread finnebaum had some Texas am guys call in it was him being used as a wildcat qb and not being allowed to throw for a while and also riding the pine that pissed him off. Didn't know Murray was A Texas high school legend ... Must be tough to sit the bench ego people asking why they don't start you etc etc.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Didn't know Murray was A Texas high school legend ... Must be tough to sit the bench ego people asking why they don't start you etc etc.
    His Dad was a 4-year starter and got paid for emptying trash cans at alumni offices and is a semi-legend at A&M. He has high expectations.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

The thing is, Texas A@m is in a stronger conference now than they were and the current coach has won 75% of his games, you'd have to go back 100 years in A@M's history to 1916 to find a coach there who's had a higher winning percentage who's coached at least 14 games and 8 wins isnt good enough at A@M? Kill that noise the last sentence shreds that nonsense. Sure everyone wants to win more than 8 games if they can, but did the Aggies really have the talent to dso in the SEC this year? While in the weaker conference, Sherman was fired in 2011 and only was 25-25(50%) and lasted 4 years, Franchione lasted 5 years, was 32-28(53%), the beloved R.C. Slocum won 72% of his games, also the beloved Jackie Sherrill won 64% of his games. So Sumlin moves to a stronger conference, has a 33-11 record good for 75% and there is a notion that he's on the hot seat? No need to paint anymore pictures if one still cant see a common denominator then he or she is blind. Anyway I hope the 1 or 2 articles I read last week by small time writers arnt true since it was only them having an obvious agenda, hopefully for the Aggies sake dropping Sumlin isnt on the agenda.
    Last edited by jtoler; 12-17-15 at 11:25 PM.

Buffalo Nickle

The issue here is obviously that Allen and Murray both believed that they were not being developed as QBs properly. Both had the starting job and decided to pass. That has a lot to do with the fact that their careers have thus far been a disappointment but it also is a factor that Manziel has failed in the NFL. So what was seen as Sumlin genius is now seen as Sumlin failure.

Gary Barnett, Steve Mariucci and Rick Neuheisel were all once bigger than Sumlin. Opinions change. Just look at Greg Schiano.

Next year is not looking good. They just lost all their QBs. Manziel is now a failure. A&M is getting clobbered by LSu. Arkansas is breathing down their necks. They can't beat Mississippi. Forget about Alabama.

It is not all wine and roses at A&M right now. They just had to duck playing Texas TEch which they never imagined was possible. And worse yet, Sumlin is an offensive genius and they can't move the damn ball. You may think they should be grateful. But they are getting nervous.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

How does what Manziel does in the pros a reflection on Sumlin, that's the biggest reach I've ever seen in my life. Never heard of a college coach being blamed for an individual's professional performance, unreal.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    How does what Manziel does in the pros a reflection on Sumlin, that's the biggest reach I've ever seen in my life. Never heard of a college coach being blamed for an individual's professional performance, unreal.
    Well, if you are Kyle Allen or Kyler Murray, you want to be developed as an NFL QB. Sumlin ain't what you thought he was. You've got 5-star QBs, talented WRs, good RBs and you can't can't move the ball. What's up with this guy? How can we not move the ball????

Buffalo Nickle

Also Sumlin is no sure thing. He was just the OC at Oklahoma State and not exactly a hot property.

Houston replaced Briles with him. But maybe his success at Houston had a lot to do with Briles.

He replaced Sherman. But hey, Sherman only left him three NFL linemen, a Heisman winner and the most dominant WR in college football. And you know, Kliff Kingsbury has got one of the best offenses in the country and every one of our players passed on playing at Tech.

Maybe this guy just is not that good. This narrative can get some traction pretty quick.

teaserpleaser

Well, if you are Kyle Allen or Kyler Murray, you want to be developed as an NFL QB. Sumlin ain't what you thought he was. You've got 5-star QBs, talented WRs, good RBs and you can't can't move the ball. What's up with this guy? How can we not move the ball????
    I know what the schools tell us his height and weight is 5-11 190 he looks more like 5-9 maybe 5-10 175 lbs ...dude is tiny he looks like a high school freshman wide receiver when's with the A&M offense. I don't know who is telling him he's an NFL QB ...Wr if anything next level maybe a kick returner.

teaserpleaser

I know what the schools tell us his height and weight is 5-11 190 he looks more like 5-9 maybe 5-10 175 lbs ...dude is tiny he looks like a high school freshman wide receiver when's with the A&M offense. I don't know who is telling him he's an NFL QB ...Wr if anything next level maybe a kick returner.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Well, they only wanted him to run the ball. That is not what they had in mind when he signed at A&M. He's chip off the old block and they know he can pass the ball.

Apparently, they don't think A&M is the right place for him If you are Murray and you passed for 300 yards and scored 38 points on South Carolina, you ain't really buying this your not ready yet stuff. But he passed on the starting job outright so clearly there are issues. BIG ONES.

These guys aren't just leaving. They are passing on a starting job AND choosing to sit out a year. They want out BAD. This is some serious dooty going down.
    Last edited by Buffalo Nickle; 12-17-15 at 10:34 PM.

Ralphie Halves

Manziel is not a bad pro QB right now, he's decent for where he is. Problem with him is when you are who he is and do what he does off the field, you have to be amazing or you're not worth it. You don't get graded like everyone else. If a franchise has to deal with your shit, you better be as valuable as a Randy Moss, TO, others who were worth the trouble.

Yeah, bad comparison. What you do once you're in the NFL is your issue, not your college coach's. If that held any water, nobody would want to play for a coach who ran the spread, since nobody in the NFL is doing that right now.

Buffalo Nickle

Didn't know Murray was basically a sure fire first-round draft pick that scouts have already committed to signing for $3.5 million. Sumlin apparently did not want him to play baseball. So baseball season coming up, he can transfer JUCO and apparently sign for $3.5 million in the spring as a 1st rounder. That makes more sense for this situation.

Auto Donk

Oakland Raiders Donk. Oakland Raiders.
    my bad, that makes sense.... never even heard those rumors .....

and yes, i think this has more to do about Murray's baseball prospects and dislike of academics than the qb situation
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 12-18-15 at 02:14 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Ive been thinking about this one all day. Will prob back out of Louisville in my bowl contest. Mostly because I don't think Louisville is very good and I think the media & people are over reacting. Look at the tweets following a link in the link below. A&M is going to bury people.

Here's your new qb
    http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2015/...e-new-aggie-qb

from another board...

Just heard a TAMU caller on Sirius speak to how all is well and Sumlin is just cleaning house. Said Kyle was a 5* against lesser talent in HS, mediocre in college, then against upper echelon teams he became a 2*. Kyler is a prima donna whose pops couldn't stay out of the coaches ears. Said dad brokered a series against Arizona State out of shear pain in the assness. Kyler thought he walked on water and was entitled to the job. JUCO kid who threw for over 4k and 40 TDs has kept his mouth shut and is waiting in the wings. Faithful are anxious to see this kid vs. either of the two headaches.

Discussion turned to Mitch Mustain and parent meddling. Neuhisal (sp?) spoke to his son not starting for Mora and how he kept his mouth shut as Jim knows what's best for the team. Parents are treating CFB as t-ball...think they know best and that they and their kids are simply entitled because of some stars they earned against the Fighting Squirrels of South Valley High...feels like there's a lot of "internet parents" out there in that regards as well.

LT Profits

Kyler Murray has transferred to OKLAHOMA.

Buffalo Nickle

Wow. So much for baseball or not wanting to compete. That's stepping up. I'd take the $3.5 million and not risk the knee injury.

LT Profits

Wow. So much for baseball or not wanting to compete. That's stepping up. I'd take the $3.5 million and not risk the knee injury.
    Has to sit out a year though, no OU football until 2017 season.

Buffalo Nickle

Has to sit out a year though, no OU football until 2017 season.
    Yeah. That's how bad he wanted out. Obviously, he did not like and did not have faith in Sumlin.

First 12