teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Byu will be very dangerous with ken niumatalolo....very dangerous

Polynesians running the option wonder how serious byu is about this meets with them Monday.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

Awww sh!t!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2498

where did you see this?...link?...thanks.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

If you google it, it's everywhere.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Is he cute

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is a total non-story. Who cares? BYU will never amount to anything as long as they keep their archaic policies.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Good fit , BYU already recruits the Pacific Islands & he's a member of LDS church as well.

http://footballscoop.com/news/update-at-byu/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

????????

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The fact is that BYU will always be an independent who is stuck with some 3rd tier bowl game unless they can crash a conference. At first they were hoping for a power 5 conference, but now they will settle for ANY conference. The MWC has no interest in them, instead looking to lowly Rice and UTEP to expand. How bad can you get BYU? Who wants to play for a school with NO chance of ever getting into a New Years 6 Bowl Game?
    Points Awarded:

existential gave BigdaddyQH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

teaserpleaser

Taysom hill running the option would be pretty dangerous as well...he'll probably get another year right he played one game before being knocked out for the year.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Mormonism is very bizarre

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

did you know there's a byu in hawaii?

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

^^ yeah, that's how polynesian mormons came to exist

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Byu using running the navy option would be sweet

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    ^^ yeah, that's how polynesian mormons came to exist
    i found this out since my friend who's a mormon got married in hawaii. we had a banquet for his wedding at this mormon place they didn't serve alcohol.
    Last edited by Ghenghis Kahn; 12-11-15 at 10:20 PM.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

They probably won't have Polynesians at the skill positions, settle down.

Losing Mendenhall was huge, that guy was legit. He developed players at a high level, and was able to get some really good non-Mormon black athletes to come to BYU and sign that "No banging the pretty white girls" contract. I'm white, and I would never sign something like that at a black school, and I'm not even that into black women, but as a horny college kid stuck in one spot for four years? No way. Almost impossible to pull off, but he did it over and over again. Gangster.

BYU not an option team at all. This will get interesting. No idea if it will work, it's a huge transition you have to make. Will be fun to watch it play out though.

And the MWC doesn't want them back because BYU is a bunch of dicks that tried to strong-arm the conference at every turn when they were there. Now that they're not getting into the Pac-12, they're kind of effed, and they know it. Oh well.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Byu using running the navy option would be sweet
    My thoughts exactly...it's a good system for them not like they get these super skill guys ...no clue what good black players guys are seeing I've been fading them for years vs Florida st and tcu when they used to play and others because they were slow as shit. Who was the last black skill guy they put in the NFL? Polys make tough rugged running backs ralphie don't sleep on them...especially in the triple option.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Polys make tough rugged running backs ralphie don't sleep on them...especially in the triple option.
    They can be of course, but when's the last time you saw one break a run to the outside? You need that in the option, badly, or you have nothing.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

Ralph it's not so crazy of a shift in offensive culture. When Hill was healthy they were roughly running option-esque kinda offense. Very run heavy with mobile qb threat, who happened to not be much of a passer. And they were very productive with it. He's been hurt so much though, and when the backups come in they have to run a more normal throw-it-around-the-yard kinda offense.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    They can be of course, but when's the last time you saw one break a run to the outside? You need that in the option, badly, or you have nothing.
    Matt Asiata Utah ...there's one in NCAA today but I forget I've seen Harvey unga break some. They seem to like to run to contact they could run around but don't seem to like it. It's not something I try to remember but I'm sure I can name some more if I researched.

teaserpleaser

Harvey unga has some pretty decent outside runs in his YouTube highlights ...I know Asiata does because I remember seeing those live

Ralphie Halves

Not saying it's impossible, just improbable. Remember too, you have to be so quick that even though the defense knows the outside pitch is a possibility on almost every play, you can still pull it off. Unga and Asiata may have done it, but in a more traditional college offensive scheme where it's more of a surprise.

And do we even know for sure that he's going to take a program famous for great passers and turn it into Georgia Tech? Or are we just assuming it?

Da Manster!

Well, it looks like its not happening after all!..Coach N is staying put at Navy!...the search goes on for BYU!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...turns-down-byu

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Georgia & BYU have had 4 coaches in 50 years and both lost their
    HC this year

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    HC this year
    Georgia will rue the day they fired Mark Richt...

Ralphie Halves

Sark was an alum. Just saying. Not with a straight face, but just saying....

teaserpleaser

Byu is crazy ...they brought in a option coach only to meet with him to and say the option doesn't mesh with byu's history of throwing the ball...huh?? What???

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    HC this year
    Yep. Tear everything up in year 51. Be just like the rest of the schools and fire at will.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The fact is that BYU will always be an independent who is stuck with some 3rd tier bowl game unless they can crash a conference. At first they were hoping for a power 5 conference, but now they will settle for ANY conference. The MWC has no interest in them, instead looking to lowly Rice and UTEP to expand. How bad can you get BYU? Who wants to play for a school with NO chance of ever getting into a New Years 6 Bowl Game?
    You are an idiot. The MWC would take BYU in a second and so would the American. No major conference is interested in them but they can get in a conference any time they want. The MWC is looking to UTEP and Rice in the hope that BYU comes back. They have no interest otherwise.

No way BYU was going away from the pass. Coach N would have to agree to a new offense. Every team in America would rather lose than run the option.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Buffalo, you are a moron. The MWC has already said that they have NO interest in BYU until after the 2019 season. Half of the teams in the Mountain West would vote to keep them out, more than enough to do so. Boise State and Utah State, two MWC Football Powerhouses already have numerous home and home dates scheduled with BYU, so they have nothing to gain. Then there is the BYU's T.V. Deal which kills any entry into ANY conference. If you are so f**king stupid that you think that BYU can get into a conference just by asking, you should be banned from this site.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Buffalo, you are a moron. The MWC has already said that they have NO interest in BYU until after the 2019 season. Half of the teams in the Mountain West would vote to keep them out, more than enough to do so. Boise State and Utah State, two MWC Football Powerhouses already have numerous home and home dates scheduled with BYU, so they have nothing to gain. Then there is the BYU's T.V. Deal which kills any entry into ANY conference. If you are so f**king stupid that you think that BYU can get into a conference just by asking, you should be banned from this site.

you know what's funny? His screen name is only .31 cents less than your average bet

Ralphie Halves

I can't believe I'm siding with BidDaddy, but in the case of the MWC, he's right. BYU is tainted goods. Too many restrictions, and they used that to bully the conference when they were there. It doesn't always matter how big a program is when you have all of this unique nonsense that goes along with it.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I don't think they're going back to the MWC. Big 12 or bust. ...probably bust

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

You guys are goofy. BYU is the MWC. They bring more money than any other school. When ESPN comes calling with more money, they will open their doors. The Mountain West is dead.

Doubtful BYU will even stoop to MWC. Mostly likely turn to American if they want to go to a conference. Are you going to try and tell me now that American will take Navy but not BYU???

BYU has a deal with ESPN which helps schedule its games so they have no need to align with any conference. But if they wanted in the MWC just for convenience sake, it would be a done deal.

Also, if you haven't noticed BYU has a scheduling agreement with both conferences which allows them to slip into either league whenever they are ready,
    Last edited by Buffalo Nickle; 12-17-15 at 06:50 PM.