mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

Kyle Allen transferring from Texas A&M

Two years in a row that the starter for the beginning of the year has transferred. Sumlin should have left for the pros after Manziel. His stock has to be dropping.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too many stud qbs ...it's no secret that Murray or Allen one of the two would transfer at some point. Neither wants to ride the pine not sure why you think that would make sumlin's stock drop. nfl is a headache ask chipper Kelly, Steve superior and bear Saban.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

sumeline made houston a winner.good coach

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

It's just the new era in NCAAB. These kids come out with so much hype, and if they feel like there's no end in sight after a season or two, they leave. I actually get it. It was good to see it work out for guys like Baker Mayfield for example.

Ralphie Halves

As for Sumlin, I just think the Air Raid style of offense is on the downside in football these days. Every HS in Texas is still running it, but DCs in college have figured out ways to slow it down. So much so, that some teams are running the ball more now than they did in the 60s.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

2 Starting Qb transfer in 2 years......Sumlin needs to pick a QB and stick with him....the last guy transferred because he kept getting pulled for Allen, now Allen is transferring because the same thing happened to him.

At some point recruits will notice if they haven't already that the guy has no faith in whoever he puts in at QB....maybe Manziel can come back?!

mikewlgm

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    sumeline made houston a winner.good coach
    Summon is a good coach but Art Briles built houston before Sumlin got there.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

A&M losing The former QB coach Kingsbury was/is the big issue

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

There's actually a rumor out there that Murray is strongly considering transferring as well. Aggies couldvery well be on their 5 OC in 4 years here soon. That's not a good situation for a young QB. He's also playing baseball for the Ags, so he'll miss all of spring football regardless. Not a good situation at QB for this team.

Sumlin's stock has dramatically dropped. He's fukked up lots with this program. Alums are already calling for his head.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    As for Sumlin, I just think the Air Raid style of offense is on the downside in football these days. Every HS in Texas is still running it, but DCs in college have figured out ways to slow it down. So much so, that some teams are running the ball more now than they did in the 60s.

that is any sport...it does not win titles

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Early signs have him going to OU.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Sumlin has not produced since his 11-2 season. His record is good at 25-13, but those are not championship numbers. His SEC record is 11-13 since his first year. Add that to his 11-0 record he has amassed against non Power 5 teams and he has not done well at all. Something is wrong down there and he has to take the blame. He seems desperate. How many times can you blame the OC? I wonder who goes first. Sumlin or Strong.

buckeyesooner
    buckeyesooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2127

He sits a year and takes over for Mayfield at Oklahoma.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Kid couldn't handle competition for job. Struggled a lot this season. Typical soft kid from suburbs. When faced with adversity, run and hide behind mommy.

mikewlgm

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Kid couldn't handle competition for job. Struggled a lot this season. Typical soft kid from suburbs. When faced with adversity, run and hide behind mommy.
    How very 1960's of you.......transfers happen all the time and it works out a lot just ask Baker Mayfield or Jake Coker....why should he play for a coach who clearly doesn't know what he's doing when good qbs are in huge demand and he could go to a better program? And if you think its bad in football check out the transfers in basketball

mikewlgm

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Sumlin or Strong.
    Def Strong good coach and he's rebuilding but unless he wins 8-9 games next year he's prob gone.....that is what Tom Herman is waiting for

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post
    Summon is a good coach but Art Briles built houston before Sumlin got there.
    lol.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    There's actually a rumor out there that Murray is strongly considering transferring as well. Aggies couldvery well be on their 5 OC in 4 years here soon. That's not a good situation for a young QB. He's also playing baseball for the Ags, so he'll miss all of spring football regardless. Not a good situation at QB for this team.

Sumlin's stock has dramatically dropped. He's fukked up lots with this program. Alums are already calling for his head.
    You must be a Texas fan because this is a total lie. Every kid in Texas wants to play there now. Great coach and recruiter. These kids transferring will never be heard from again, unless you decide to buy a car from them in the future.

jtoler

How come you never hear anything about Kliff Kingsbury, guy is 19-18(10-17 in conference) at Texas Tech. I could only imagine if Sumlin had a record like that, his house would be carpet bombed while he was sleeping.

53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4957

See the thing as this....... Most of these guys mentioned are " Outstanding coordinators" not Head Coaches.

As for Texas Tech...They have never been, nor will ever be Texas. They are a "Gimmick" program. This is why Kingsbury gets a pass. Thing here is his mouth is a bit more sharp than his defense.... although based on the past season,i'm not sure they have one...........

I like Summelin, but he has shown kinks in the armor after Johnny Football left. No more roses growing out of his shite I guess

Strong won't have to wait long for another job after Texas ( He will be gone relatively soon) but you HAVE to win and beat Oklahoma( which he did), to survive in Austin....and thats , that. 5-7 is simply not good enough ...anywhere in major college football.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by 53 defense View Post
    See the thing as this....... Most of these guys mentioned are " Outstanding coordinators" not Head Coaches.

As for Texas Tech...They have never been, nor will ever be Texas. They are a "Gimmick" program. This is why Kingsbury gets a pass. Thing here is his mouth is a bit more sharp than his defense.... although based on the past season,i'm not sure they have one...........

I like Summelin, but he has shown kinks in the armor after Johnny Football left. No more roses growing out of his shite I guess

Strong won't have to wait long for another job after Texas ( He will be gone relatively soon) but you HAVE to win and beat Oklahoma( which he did), to survive in Austin....and thats , that. 5-7 is simply not good enough ...anywhere in major college football.
    That makes no sense, besides I think Strong has done a good job considering what the players he's had to work with. Kingsbury gets a pass because he's at school not as storied as Texas? No thats not the reason nobody talks about him being fired, but Im sure its stirring up.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

wonder if OU knows they'll be hiring him a defense lawyer, after the indictment just came down against him....... Allen apparently likes to play cards in addition to football:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...ard-club-feds/

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post
    How very 1960's of you.......transfers happen all the time and it works out a lot just ask Baker Mayfield or Jake Coker....why should he play for a coach who clearly doesn't know what he's doing when good qbs are in huge demand and he could go to a better program? And if you think its bad in football check out the transfers in basketball
    is the kid your son? i know transfers happen all the time. look at other hs qb stars turned pussies like heaps and kiel....those transfers worked out well for them. sumlin is a solid offensive coach. a shame allen is too soft to compete for the job with murray and incoming recruits.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

kyle allen's 15 incomplete pass streak one game really made me soft

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    How come you never hear anything about Kliff Kingsbury, guy is 19-18(10-17 in conference) at Texas Tech. I could only imagine if Sumlin had a record like that, his house would be carpet bombed while he was sleeping.
    safe Because he looks like ryan gosling and espn says hes a good coach. sounds silly I know but its the truth.

teaserpleaser

too bad these kids cant compete Gunnar kiel would probably have won the starting job at LSU. murray is the dude for sumlin if they ever want a shot at beating bama he just needs sec experience/reps you can see he has the ability and hes electric when he takes off.

mikewlgm

is the kid your son? i know transfers happen all the time. look at other hs qb stars turned pussies like heaps and kiel....those transfers worked out well for them. sumlin is a solid offensive coach. a shame allen is too soft to compete for the job with murray and incoming recruits.
    Did the kid dump you? You sound like a pussy ripping on a kid for doing what he thinks is best for him..... get over it

Ralphie Halves

Gunner Kiel? He was a top NFL prospect before he got hurt. Only reason he's not now is because he's probably coming back for his Senior year.

Just like anything else guys, sometimes it works, sometimes you weren't that good to begin with. At least with transferring, you'll get to find out for sure.

The drawback is in college basketball IMO. Transferring has made a mess of things. It's gotten out of control. I hope it doesn't get that way with football too down the road.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Whether people want to admit it to themselves or not, college football is a business. These guys want to play. If they don't get to play, they are out the door and on to somewhere where they will play. In the case of Allen, it is not a case of his not wanting to compete. He had the job and would most likely be the starter next year as Murray is not very good. It's not hard to see he lost respect for A&M and Sumlin for yanking him in and out of the lineup. He's done with them. I can't say I blame him. Best way to give them the finger is to transfer out.

If you are Allen and you want to play in the NFL, you look at what happened with Manziel and you see how A&M's offense stinks and you think maybe you might want to go where Baker Mayfield is having the time of his life or Jared Goff is a 1st rounder. There are other fish in the sea.

Buffalo Nickle

As for Kingsbury, he is worshiped as a God in Lubbock. He is bigger than Elvis. They have complete faith in him there and still blame Tuberville for any problems he has. He can go 7-5 for 10 years and they will build a statue out of gold of him and worship it. All they want to do is pass it every down and win 7 or 8 games.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    As for Kingsbury, he is worshiped as a God in Lubbock. He is bigger than Elvis. They have complete faith in him there and still blame Tuberville for any problems he has. He can go 7-5 for 10 years and they will build a statue out of gold of him and worship it. All they want to do is pass it every down and win 7 or 8 games.
    Truth.

Expectations in Lubbock are much lower. The folks there are conditioned to expect less. Kingsbury gloating about the win over Arkansas was brilliant. Goofy and awkward as it was, it gave TTech national exposure for doing something good, something they've had a hard time doing.

jaytee20
    jaytee20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4030

Sumlin=grossly overrated.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Truth.

Expectations in Lubbock are much lower. The folks there are conditioned to expect less. Kingsbury gloating about the win over Arkansas was brilliant. Goofy and awkward as it was, it gave TTech national exposure for doing something good, something they've had a hard time doing.
    Yeah. They eat that stuff up in Texas and especially Lubbock. That guy is off the charts in popularity. It would take a lot to take him down and he is a good recruiter so he should be pretty solid. I do think he is going to break their hearts at some point and dump them at the alter for a bigger school. No chance of him betting fired without multiple losing seasons.

jtoler

Gunner Kiel not that good to me, I think the backup Hayden Moore will prove to be better on the collegiate level he's only a freshman. But the NFL loves sizable qbs with some arm strength, not to crazy about his decision making and Kiel's struggled against good defenses.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

Yet again I prove that I have a MAJOR FUKKIN CLUE!!

@SBNationCFB: Days after 5-star QB Kyle Allen transferred from A&M, @billyliucci reports 5-star Kyler Murray intends to, as well.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

12 Last