Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Steve Sarkisian sues USC over his firing as football coach for being a drunk

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

They never allowed time off for his "Disability"? What a fukin scum POS.
    No one forced his dumbass to drink and ruin his career. If anything USC should sue him.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

This is actually an interesting case. I would assume being drunk while acting in a official capacity as head coach would be ground for dismissal but there are also plenty of cases where employers have been required to allow employees to take medical leave to deal with substance abuse issues, though if I remember correctly these are often unionized professions such as teachers.

I wonder if being head coach provides Sarkisian the protection afforded under the USC Faculty Union's agreement with the school.

Would be interesting to see his contract and look into the precedents set in California employment law.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I can't imagine USC didn't consult with their attorneys prior to this firing. I've also never heard being a drunk is a disability. A disease, sure, but never a disability.

I like USC's case here, but anythings possible.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sark has no class be a man take your lumps and go be an assistant somewhere. Nobody told you to drink then show your ass in the spring then have a horrible season sleeping during practice and showing up drunk to practice and games....what a piece of work sark is. Dude should be blacklisted from the coaching, he won't be but he should be.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Most big company's must have a duty of care to the employee and ask that that seek help

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I can't imagine USC didn't consult with their attorneys prior to this firing. I've also never heard being a drunk is a disability. A disease, sure, but never a disability.

100% they did its LA so he has a shot but it's bs...I think sark knows he washed up as a HC so this is that opportunity for a payday.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

There's a settlement here that will get him through rehab and on to an asst job.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

I wonder if they would have fired him if USC had beat Stanford and Washington and was sitting at 5-0.

Sorta bewildered as to how they are still ranked despite having 5 losses, though in all fairness, 4 were to ranked teams.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

When his firing went down some questioned USC's right to terminate. A few stories reported his contract had a clause regarding substance abuse, as insiders were aware of his "issues". If true he doesn't and shouldn't have a case. Just another lawyer with sticky fingers.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    I wonder if they would have fired him if USC had beat Stanford and Washington and was sitting at 5-0.

Sorta bewildered as to how they are still ranked despite having 5 losses, though in all fairness, 4 were to ranked teams.
    hell no they wouldn't fire him, everybody knew he was a drunk. Fukker was sleeping through practices. Everybody looking the other way....everybody.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

most sbr's consider being drunk an asset, as opposed to a disability..... an asset in the sense that if chicks never got drunk, they'd never, ever get laid.....

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Thats the American way...when in doubt, sue!! Lol

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Sark wins this one in court or a huge settlement. Pat Haden's about face in supporting him one day then firing him the next is negligent behavior on Haden's part. Dumb will beat dumber this time.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Litigiousness is next to godliness.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Guy liked patron silver and who can blame him. Stuff tastes like honey butter aged in Lindsay Lohans pussy

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Guy liked patron silver and who can blame him. Stuff tastes like honey butter aged in Lindsay Lohans pussy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

just a drunk..nobody cares about him

TheHumanTripod
    TheHumanTripod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Substance abuse is not protected under the American with disability act.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I suppose when Kansas fired their obese coach he could have sued them for not helping him with his disability of bankrupting buffet restaurants.

Anyone know whatever happened to Mangino?

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Did he self report, then was fired? I don't know the particulars of his firing but I know if you present for help for your addiction and fired as a consequence he almost certainly has a case. If he was fired for while getting caught being drunk and neglecting his duties then he has no case.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I suppose when Kansas fired their obese coach he could have sued them for not helping him with his disability of bankrupting buffet restaurants.

Was OC at ISU.

Fired for eating one of the corners

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

He was fired from Iowa State earlier in the season.

He resigned from Kansas. He wasn't fired.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Do drunks get handicapped parking?

If not, it's not a disability.

Let's move on.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Did he self report, then was fired? I don't know the particulars of his firing but I know if you present for help for your addiction and fired as a consequence he almost certainly has a case. If he was fired for while getting caught being drunk and neglecting his duties then he has no case.
    If you call showing up drunk off ass at a pep rally self reporting then yes

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

One of the 12 steps should be not suing anyone and taking responsibility for your disease.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    If you call showing up drunk off ass at a pep rally self reporting then yes
    You aren't too bright, are ya?

Vegas39

You aren't too bright, are ya?
    Guess a phony Dr cant detect sarcasm stick to your pathetic race wars with the ghost of rifleman

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    One of the 12 steps should be not suing anyone and taking responsibility for your disease.
    A money grab, cant see him getting a decent job anytime soon

teaserpleaser

Pretty sure sark gets blacklisted after this...can't be respected after this.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I think USC is the one who referred to it as a "Disability", and that is what is giving Sark a case here.

Scumbag move, but he has a case, on this alone IMO.

Donker, chime in on this one.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Guess a phony Dr cant detect sarcasm stick to your pathetic race wars with the ghost of rifleman
    Yeah sure you were. That's exactly what ppl say when they get caught saying or doing something stupid, I was only being sarcastic. You mad bro? You jealous. Why are you stalking me. I made my point and probably was able to educate a few in the process. Clearly you need remedial class. So just follow me around saying the most intelligent thing you possibly can, like "you are a phony" when you have literally no proof to the contrary. You want my npi or or dea number. Would you like to see my virginia med license. Perhaps you could give me the number to your local pharmacy and I can call in some Adderall to help you think more clearly. I imagine what you really need is a friend since you've resorted to stalking folks on a gambling forum.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

yeah sure you were. That's exactly what ppl say when they get caught saying or doing something stupid, i was only being sarcastic. You mad bro? You jealous. Why are you stalking me. I made my point and probably was able to educate a few in the process. Clearly you need remedial class. So just follow me around saying the most intelligent thing you possibly can, like "you are a phony" when you have literally no proof to the contrary. You want my npi or or dea number. Would you like to see my virginia med license. Perhaps you could give me the number to your local pharmacy and i can call in some adderall to help you think more clearly. I imagine what you really need is a friend since you've resorted to stalking folks on a gambling forum.
    burnnnnnnnnnnnn

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

wait, you can get a lawsuit for being drunk in a coaching position? JACKPOT!

Vegas39

Yeah sure you were. That's exactly what ppl say when they get caught saying or doing something stupid, I was only being sarcastic. You mad bro? You jealous. Why are you stalking me. I made my point and probably was able to educate a few in the process. Clearly you need remedial class. So just follow me around saying the most intelligent thing you possibly can, like "you are a phony" when you have literally no proof to the contrary. You want my npi or or dea number. Would you like to see my virginia med license. Perhaps you could give me the number to your local pharmacy and I can call in some Adderall to help you think more clearly. I imagine what you really need is a friend since you've resorted to stalking folks on a gambling forum.

sticking to posting hockey fades Dr Phony

12 Last