daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Houston & Colorado State.

Maybe Cincinnatti or Memphis

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Add Houston and BYU or Houston and Boise. Boise already has a pretty solid football program and that seems to matter most to the conferences. I could also go along with the Big 12 saying fukk your rules and creating a conference championship game anyway.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    big 12 i think finishes on sunday
    Looks like finishes on a Fri/Sat this year. Though conference tourney and post season tourneys could be different.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Adding Boise doesn't make sense. All they bring is a decent football program and aim not sure how well they would even hold up against a legit schedule week to week.

You have to look big picture.

Boise isn't a big TV market, great academic institution or even a good place for recruiting. The schools sucks at every other sport too.

As for Houston, I highly doubt Texas wants them in.

BYU would be great but I'm not sure if their administration wants to give up being independent.

Memphis and Cincy seem to make sense to me. That was also help the league in ball a great deal.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 12-07-15 at 08:49 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I always thought Cincinatti would be in there, but the two names I've heard the most are Houston & Colorado State. One of the sells Houston had to Herman was that they'd push for the big 12

fadethefade
    fadethefade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Houston adds nothing to the conference. If they were a viable option they would have already been added. But they bring nothing to the table. The Texas schools don't want another Texas school, the non-Texas schools also don't want another Texas school. They will not be added.

As a Big 12 person myself, I have been on the BYU/Boise State bandwagon for a while now.

Big 12 West: BYU, Boise State, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor
    Big 12 East: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, West Virginia

9 game conference schedule. Oklahoma-Texas is a protected cross-division rivalry and the others rotate.

Or you could add USF and UCF.
    I love the talk about Houston not bringing anything to the TV market talk from the Frogs, who barely register on any major TV market. The simple fact is that the SEC owns the Houston TV shares. They own the top 3 most watched college football games this year followed by OU/UT then UH/Temple. Houston appears in the top 20, 1 more time than this Longhorn dominated city.

Tom Herman

First 12