TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This Officiating Is So Disappointing... How Do You Call That Offside On The Kickoff?

How much do these officials get paid?

Absolutely sick.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

What happened?

TheMoneyShot

I'm wagering on this sh#$ and have to battle officiating and the damn play calling.

I'm sick to my stomach.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Criminal and disgusting

If UNC ends up losing after that so be it...but to take away that chance for no reason is a joke

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What happened?
    UNC recovered the onside kick. Ref threw a flag for offside. Replay shows no one was offside.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

What happened?
    UNC recovered an onside kick....refs called offsides and there wasn't anyone even close to being offsides

Like there is zero chance anyone could have been

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    UNC recovered the onside kick. Ref threw a flag for offside. Replay shows no one was offside.
    Damn, brutal.

I was watching the Michigan State game.

No idea why they had these games running simultaneously. They should have staggered them all day.

TheMoneyShot

I'm in such disbelief. I can't believe this. I really can't believe this.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Refs are so bad damn. Dabo Sweeney shut your mouth clown.

TheMoneyShot

Damn, brutal.

I was watching the Michigan State game.

No idea why they had these games running simultaneously. They should have staggered them all day.
    Giant... turn on ESPN SportsCenter in a few... I'm sure they'll be talking about it. Sickening.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

That was awful. Not even a yd from being offsides. Blew my +6. Assholes

TheMoneyShot

What a weird feeling to have gambling.... and you know damn well you recovered the ball. CLEARLY. Have a chance with 3 timeouts left... and the ref throws a FLAG???

Then replay confirms no one was offside.

Herbstreit goes... "I don't see it. I just don't see it."

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

unreal how bad that call was and you cant even review it.

I just wish carolina played like that last quarter all game and it never came to that onside kick but that call is just atrocious

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Giant, beerman2619, and TheMoneyShot

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

For all of the ref fukk ups this year in football this one has to take the cake

There really is no explanation for this one, no judgement call, nada

Just a ghost call all the way

fukk man

TheMoneyShot

Absolutely sick to my stomach. Fuk

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Giant... turn on ESPN SportsCenter in a few... I'm sure they'll be talking about it. Sickening.
    Just saw the end.

Van Pelt didn't really go wild about it, but it was a puzzling call. If it's not an obvious offsides call there, you can't call it. Brutal finish.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

The ref that threw the flag has his eye on it and can see better than anyone there was no offsides. Guy should be banned

TheMoneyShot

Giant... someone brought in the Paid Actors again.... FUK!

I'm seriously thinking about not gambling anymore. Can't even get a fair crack at a comeback. All in the hands of some young dumb ass linesman.

That damn cross eyed fuk

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

carolina had 3 times out left too. it wasnt even close to offsides. They even drew the line on this and it wasnt even within a yard

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

You lost money right?

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16938

Attachment 87271

its hard to tell where his left foot is in the picture, but if its where i approximated my bottom line then his hand should fall in between the two lines that are parallel to the lines that are perpendicular to the yard lines. so if his hand is about in line with his left foot then he could very well be offsides.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    Attachment 87271

its hard to tell where his left foot is in the picture, but if its where i approximated my bottom line then his hand should fall in between the two lines that are parallel to the lines that are perpendicular to the yard lines. so if his hand is about in line with his left foot then he could very well be offsides.
    Very interesting diagram. A voice of reason.

I certainly thought his hand was offsides when the ball was kicked. Two things. First off, the camera angle is deceiving because it is at an angle. This is the same angle you see at some horse racing tracks and I've seen plenty of races with tight finishes that look like one horse wins by a nose, and when the photo comes out, he was actually a nose behind. Secondly, that stopped yellow line and the ABC announcers are garbage. Only the plane of the inside of the 35 yard line has to be touched by any body part, even a hand. And when they stop the photo, the ball hasn't moved off the tee. Run it frame by frame, and when you see the ball actually in motion, the player is well offsides.

Calling this a phantom offsides is ridiculous, it's a very close play. I can see the argument for letting a close play go considering the time of the game and the stakes, but anyone who thinks this wasn't close is delusional.

Go to the :07 second mark and start double clicking play/pause. After the yellow line goes away, another frame goes where the ball isn't actually kicked. When you pause the frame when his kicking leg and foot actually goes forward, look at the players, and the ref, and you'll see that it's real close and I personally think the ref called it right. The announcers who said nobody is even within a yard when it's kicked are complete idiots and should apologize to the ref. And believe me, I almost never defend referees. But this is simply a matter of physics here.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9410

Fedora then lost all chance with a challenge on the next onside kick. A recovery is not even reviewable but he still lost the TO. Likely didn't matter because Clemson would have likely used 4 downs from that field position to get the first down. But Fedora is lost on sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    carolina had 3 times out left too. it wasnt even close to offsides. They even drew the line on this and it wasnt even within a yard