champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

College football playoff seeding

Imo, it should be 1. Clemson, 2. Mich state, 3. Alabama, 4. Oklahoma
    it will probably be 1. Clemson, 2. Alabama, 3. Mich state, 4. Oklahoma.

People will disagree about michigan state but they played one extra game, beat two undefeated teams. Oklahoma's best win is against a freshman quarterback. Alabama opponents are not that good but they are Alabama so they will get a better seed than they deserve.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Michigan State should be #3 no doubt. Whether they're the 2 or 3 though is semantics...they're still playing Alabama.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    Imo, it should be 1. Clemson, 2. Mich state, 3. Alabama, 4. Oklahoma
    it will probably be 1. Clemson, 2. Alabama, 3. Mich state, 4. Oklahoma.

People will disagree about michigan state but they played one extra game, beat two undefeated teams. Oklahoma's best win is against a freshman quarterback. Alabama opponents are not that good but they are Alabama so they will get a better seed than they deserve.
    Why is Oklahoma #4? Why would Oklahoma drop from this weeks 3? Oklahoma has as much right as Bama to be number 2.........maybe even better reason with their play the last 6 weeks and the SEC NOT having another top 20 team.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Why is Oklahoma #4? Why would Oklahoma drop from this weeks 3? Oklahoma has as much right as Bama to be number 2.........maybe even better reason with their play the last 6 weeks and the SEC NOT having another top 20 team.
    wouldn't shock me to see them drop as other 3 all won their conference title games

TheSchafe

I usually agree with you, but they will be #4. The Big 12 should stop "deciding it all on the field" and just actually decide it all on the field with it's own title game.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    wouldn't shock me to see them drop as other 3 all won their conference title games
    Oklahoma is A conference champion too. The other three teams didn't do anything that Oklahoma didn't do last week.

Vegas39

Oklahoma is A conference champion too. The other three teams didn't do anything that Oklahoma didn't do last week.

meant the big 12 doesn't play a conference title game and they could drop them. Is it fair ? Thats up for debate. But if OU would you rather play Clemson or Bama

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    I usually agree with you, but they will be #4. The Big 12 should stop "deciding it all on the field" and just actually decide it all on the field with it's own title game.
    should be mandatory for power 5 conferences

TheSchafe

Do you have a Sparty future or something Seaborne? I wouldn't want to catch Alabama in the semifinal if I were you for sure

TheSchafe

should be mandatory for power 5 conferences
    LOL I cracked up when I heard that "we decide it all on the field" line in a Big 12 commercial

Vegas39

LOL I cracked up when I heard that "we decide it all on the field" line in a Big 12 commercial
    should be damn no title game fukked us last year but we got a nice gift basket from Urban Myer

champlain

because michigan state beat 2 previously undefeated teams, oregon, michigan, close loss to nebraska. Oklahoma beat a freshman quarterback, a decimated tcu team, a fraud oklahoma state and they lost to an awful texas team.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I was Shocked that OSU was the best of the CFB 4 last year.............they were a 7-8 point dog to Bama and Oregon and kicked both of their teeth out. I could see Oklahoma doing the same thing this year based on higher profile of other teams in the pool. Anybody making Oklahoma 4 just because they did not play today is seriously underrating them based on the four that should be in.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Michigan State should be #3

Watch the voters put them at #4

I don't care either way... but they are LIVE DOGS!

Experienced QB and a monster of a RB. You'd be an idiot to bet against them.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Still think OU 4 , Sparty 3

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    because michigan state beat 2 previously undefeated teams, oregon, michigan, close loss to nebraska. Oklahoma beat a freshman quarterback, a decimated tcu team, a fraud oklahoma state and they lost to an awful texas team.
    So Bama is an auto #2 because they won the SEC??? Florida was surely hot shit today............the SEC East division champ. That took a lot of guts. Did Florida NOT have a decimated QB today, is LSU NOT flawed, Bama wouldn't be there if Ole Miss beats Arkansas. Bama laid the wood to overrated LSU, Georgia, Texas AM, and Florida............none of those are top 25 teams.

TheSchafe

It is true that Oklahoma's stock rose today with that Texas victory though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

well BCs always works out

no controversy again

Vegas39

Whats the Worse loss? Losing to Texas or Nebraska?

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    well BCs always works out

no controversy again

BCS is like your sex life DEAD

TheSchafe

BCS is like your sex life DEAD

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Not that as much as play on the field. Who would NOT have beat Florida today????? Penalize Oklahoma for NOT playing today but reward Bama for beat the worst team in ANY championship game today. Give me a break. No chance for Florida to win that game today. There was NO Cardell Jones walking through that door and winning in Atlanta today. Oklahoma has been playing as well as anyone the last 6 weeks on the field, Bama played well against LSU and Mississippi St and that is about it the last 6 weeks.
    Last edited by seaborneq; 12-06-15 at 12:10 AM.

champlain

I was Shocked that OSU was the best of the CFB 4 last year.............they were a 7-8 point dog to Bama and Oregon and kicked both of their teeth out. I could see Oklahoma doing the same thing this year based on higher profile of other teams in the pool. Anybody making Oklahoma 4 just because they did not play today is seriously underrating them based on the four that should be in.
    if anything people are overrating oklahoma. Based on vegas odds, they were second behind alabama as favorites to win the playoffs. Clemson crushed them last year without Deshaun Watson and people should pound moneyline clemson if they make oklahoma favorites again vs clemson. You think they are last years ohio state, just like another can think alabama is the team of destiny.

Vegas39

Not that as much as play on the field. Who would NOT have beat Florida today????? Penalize Oklahoma for NOT playing today but reward Bama for beat the worst team in ANY championship game today. Give me a break. No chance for Florida to win that game today. There was Cardell Jones walking through that door and winning in Atlanta today. Oklahoma has been playing as well as anyone the last 6 weeks on the field, Bama played well against LSU and Mississippi St and that is about it the last 6 weeks.
    Thats on the BIG 12 for refusing to play a title game

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Well, the Big 12 did. How fair would it be if Iowa or Florida won, are they the conference champ when they were in the easy division?

I hope Bama gets Michigan St so the SEC can be eliminated.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Well, the Big 12 did. How fair would it be if Iowa or Florida won, are they the conference champ when they were in the easy division?

I hope Bama gets Michigan St so the SEC can be eliminated.
    Agreed. If Iowa and Florida win yesterday then no one would be talking about them being #2 or #3 over Oklahoma. Yet the teams that beat them are. If its body of work then Oklahoma is no worse than #2 based on its play on the field the last 6 weeks. Bama didn't look THAT great against Florida and Sparty didn't look that great against Iowa yesterday. An Iowa versus Florida game yesterday would have ended 3-2 or 6-5 yet there is all this raving about Sparty and Bama being better than Oklahoma by country miles.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

I don't care either way... but they are LIVE DOGS!

Experienced QB and a monster of a RB. You'd be an idiot to bet against them.
    Connor Cook looked worse than Jake Coker yesterday. I would bet against Sparty

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

The committee wants OU and Bama in the final, they don't want them in the semifnal. So they'll drop OU to 4.

Clemson-OU
    Bama-MSU

OU would be my pick, I think they have the best quarterback in Mayfield.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

Connor Cook looked worse than Jake Coker yesterday. I would bet against Sparty
    He's hurt. Look at his career stats. He has time to heal now

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    The committee wants OU and Bama in the final, they don't want them in the semifnal. So they'll drop OU to 4.

Clemson-OU
    Bama-MSU

OU would be my pick, I think they have the best quarterback in Mayfield.
    That's politics then. The one seed should get the perceived weakest team at #4. Who really thinks Oklahoma is the worst team of this 4 team cast? Not fair to Clemson to play the best 1 loss team in the field first in the semi finals.

Seattle Slew

They just it, OU down to 4.

That's politics then. The one seed should get the perceived weakest team at #4. Who really thinks Oklahoma is the worst team of this 4 team cast? Not fair to Clemson to play the best 1 loss team in the field first in the semi finals.

Seattle Slew

They just did it, OU down to 4.

Seattle Slew

ESPN has the matchups on their web site, but they haven't officially announced them yet? Maybe they screwed up.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

mich st 3 vs 2 alabama

ok 4 vs 1 clemson

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

MSU matches up pretty well with bama

12 Last