Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Iowa will cover and probably win straight up.....heres' why!!

I'm an Indiana grad and watch all their games....which is usually difficult. Michigan State beat IU pretty badly but it was 28-26 late in the 3rd quarter. Michigan State could barely run the ball and finished with 142 on the ground....including 2 TD runs totalling more than 40 yards very late in the game. The Spartans leading rusher ran for only 618 yards this year.

Iowa on the other hand....ran for 234 yards on Indiana and their leading rusher went for 964 on the season. They're the more physical team and they cancel out 2 of Sparty's biggest advantages:

1. Michigan State's passing game = Iowa's strength on D is their secondary. Can't remember the kids name but one of their CBs led the B10 in picks with 8 or 9.

2. Michigan State's coaching and discipline = D'Antonio's (sp?) coaching is usually heads above everyone they play and their kids are more disciplined. Not so with vs Ferentz is who as good as anyone in college football.

Finally....Connor Cook is a better NFL prospect than Beathard but the kid from Iowa is an excellent college QB. Iowa is more balanced and I think they'll come in with a def chip on their shoulder after being only fav over 5-6 Nebraska by 1.5 and a dog to Mich State

Iowa 27-23

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

What exactly has Ferentz ever won?

So Iowa will win bc they are mad they were only 1.5 favorites against Nebraska and of the way both teams played Indiana?

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

The transitive property doesn't apply in sports wagering, I'm afraid.

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

MSU seems like the better team but at 3.5, tough play.

TheSchafe

Quote Originally Posted by goldust View Post
    MSU seems like the better team but at 3.5, tough play.
    Strongly considering just parlaying Clemson and Sparty on the moneyline for a big play with a decent payout.

TheSchafe

Hearing that A FUKKIN RUBBERBAND PLAY will be on Iowa Saturday, per fishhead across the street. However, I don't believe anything FISHHEAD fukking says, so who knows.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    What exactly has Ferentz ever won?

So Iowa will win bc they are mad they were only 1.5 favorites against Nebraska and of the way both teams played Indiana?
    I just was surprised that a top 10 team like Sparty couldn't get any push off the ball on Indiana. Everyone runs on Indiana! Iowa's top cover corner is Desmond King with 8 picks. They'll put him on Mich State's top receiver and he should be able to slow him down. Iowa also has the kicking advantage. Their kicker made 13 of 17 with 7-9 from 40+. Sparty's kicker was 9 of 14 with only 3 fg's of 40+ and no 50+ yarders. We have a little precedent here as well....I remember easily winning a passing prop in the B10 championship a few years ago on Kirk Cousins because MSU was one of the worst rushing teams in the B10. Wisconsin was much more balanced and won a close game.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Conner Cook will be the difference. If hes great they win. Otherwise Iowa wins.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Mich St is not the same team they were early in the yr. defense is playing better and their passing game is a machine right now

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Ferentz is one of the biggest under achievers in the Big 10. Does he change now? Probably not. It should be a decent game. The only reason why it will not be boring as hell is because that honor is reserved for the Alabama-Florida fiasco.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Michigan State has looked like a different team, though, than that game against Indiana. I want to believe in Iowa in this game, but the concern is their secondary. They've played some pretty vanilla qbs this year and nothing of the quality of Connor Cook. I think Cook breaks Iowa's undefeated season. Plus, word is tickets have been dominated by MSU fans and it will somewhat of a home game feel for the Spartans.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

I was leaning Iowa earlier in the week, but I'm liking Sparty the more I think about it. I may pass on this game altogether or take a stab on the Over 51. Contrary to what the OP stated, Iowa is actually more solid in defending the run than the pass. Cook may find success throwing against Iowa and force Iowa to open things up offensively in order to keep pace. With perfect conditions in the dome, I think Over might be the play here.

Fridge79
    Fridge79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I think the Ohio State game changed Michigan State. The D was challenged to step up with Cook out due to the injury. The dismantling of Penn State was impressive. I think Sparty is peaking and are battle-tested compared to Iowa.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    The transitive property doesn't apply in sports wagering, I'm afraid.
    Transitive property you say? I'm impressed.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Michigan State has looked like a different team, though, than that game against Indiana. I want to believe in Iowa in this game, but the concern is their secondary. They've played some pretty vanilla qbs this year and nothing of the quality of Connor Cook. I think Cook breaks Iowa's undefeated season. Plus, word is tickets have been dominated by MSU fans and it will somewhat of a home game feel for the Spartans.
    Iowa has a once in forever chance to play in the football playoff so why wouldn't their fans show up? I saw 2 cars this morning with Iowa stuff wrote all over the windows. I'm not saying this is a huge play but I like the Hawkeyes. I have 4x more money on NC/Clemson Over 66.5 (41-38 type of game imo)

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You can't even spell Dantonio's name right and I'm supposed to take this seriously?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    I just was surprised that a top 10 team like Sparty couldn't get any push off the ball on Indiana. Everyone runs on Indiana! Iowa's top cover corner is Desmond King with 8 picks. They'll put him on Mich State's top receiver and he should be able to slow him down. Iowa also has the kicking advantage. Their kicker made 13 of 17 with 7-9 from 40+. Sparty's kicker was 9 of 14 with only 3 fg's of 40+ and no 50+ yarders. We have a little precedent here as well....I remember easily winning a passing prop in the B10 championship a few years ago on Kirk Cousins because MSU was one of the worst rushing teams in the B10. Wisconsin was much more balanced and won a close game.
    Their OL has been decimated by injuries, and it was pretty much in the worst shape it was in all season vs. IU.

Fred The Hammer

[QUOTE=No coincidences;24923839]You can't even spell Dantonio's name right and I'm supposed to take this seriously?[/QUOTE

Spelling isn't important. We'll see what happens. Seems like I'm fading 85% of this site full of homers, air bettors, and degenerates and thats usually a great thing. Most of these idiots couldn't fall out of a boat and hit water.

Isaiah

[QUOTE=Fred The Hammer;24925231]
    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You can't even spell Dantonio's name right and I'm supposed to take this seriously?[/QUOTE

Spelling isn't important. We'll see what happens. Seems like I'm fading 85% of this site full of homers, air bettors, and degenerates and thats usually a great thing. Most of these idiots couldn't fall out of a boat and hit water.
    You know you have won the debate when detractors stoop to playing the lame incorrect spelling card.

You are spot on about the handicapping skills of most posters on SBR. I've been using the forum to determine my plays for two years now and have profited nicely. See See post #6 in thread best free college football capper??.

Win or lose, at least you contributed a rationale and that is appreciated by the few serious handicappers that are left here.

Best of luck to you.

TheSchafe

4 team ML parlay this weekend...hate doing these, but I love this one:

WKU
    Michigan State
    Clemson
    Chicago Bears

Pays 3.5 to 1. Worth a shot

TheSchafe

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Transitive property you say? I'm impressed.
    Equally here with the "peter principle"...we have this place on intellectual lockdown.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Equally here with the "peter principle"...we have this place on intellectual lockdown.
    Indeed.

It's like being the tallest building in Dubuque but we'll accept the honor won't we Schafe.

"I'd like to thank my 7th grade teacher Mrs. Johnson for..." Oh never mind.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-04-15 at 11:32 PM.

TheSchafe

Indeed.

It's like being the tallest building in Peoria but we'll accept the honor won't we Schafe.

"I'd like to thank my 7th grade teacher Mrs. Johnson for..." Oh never mind.
    Iwin is the tallest (horizontally, anyway) building in Peoria. That's no small feat.

hawk 5
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    No on the ticket sells. Iowa 6-4 on showing up. Don't think any advantage though.

hawk 5
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I was leaning Iowa earlier in the week, but I'm liking Sparty the more I think about it. I may pass on this game altogether or take a stab on the Over 51. Contrary to what the OP stated, Iowa is actually more solid in defending the run than the pass. Cook may find success throwing against Iowa and force Iowa to open things up offensively in order to keep pace. With perfect conditions in the dome, I think Over might be the play here.
    Playing in the dome helps Sparty and the over. Damn it.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Who has Iowa played this year? Seriously...... they have not played anyone. Nebraska threw 4 picks against Iowa and still only lost by 1 score. All 4 picks were totally on the QB and not amazing defensive plays. Nebraska outgained Iowa by 200+ yards. Michigan State is the better team. Nebraska rallied to beat Michigan State and fell short against Iowa. Doesnt mean Iowa is better. Nebraska beat Nebraska that day. Michigan State has wins against Oregon, Michigan and Ohio State. Iowa beat.......Iowa State? The loss to Nebraska woke Michigan State up......

Michigan State 31
    Iowa 17

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Who has Iowa played this year? Seriously...... they have not played anyone. Nebraska threw 4 picks against Iowa and still only lost by 1 score. All 4 picks were totally on the QB and not amazing defensive plays. Nebraska outgained Iowa by 200+ yards. Michigan State is the better team. Nebraska rallied to beat Michigan State and fell short against Iowa. Doesnt mean Iowa is better. Nebraska beat Nebraska that day. Michigan State has wins against Oregon, Michigan and Ohio State. Iowa beat.......Iowa State? The loss to Nebraska woke Michigan State up......

Michigan State 31
    Iowa 17
    says the guy who touted neb to beat them of course iowa didnt beat them and prove you dead wrong, obviously they beat themselves. your scrub qb was picked because the defense, one was a incredible play, others caused by pressure. keep hating.
    Last edited by 2daBank; 12-05-15 at 09:44 AM.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

[QUOTE=Fred The Hammer;24925231]
    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You can't even spell Dantonio's name right and I'm supposed to take this seriously?[/QUOTE

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15894

Who da hell bets on the Bears?

hawk 5
    Update your status

Michigan State 31
    Iowa 17
    They beat northwestern, wisky and of coarse Nebraska. Coarse nebraska got smoked by Purdue.

hawk 5
    Update your status

Michigan State 31
    Iowa 17
    If u look beside everyone of Iowa's games u will see a big W. The display case is full of trophy's including the hero's trophy.

Fred The Hammer

Game ain't over but this isn't my first fkn rodeo

Isaiah

Game ain't over but this isn't my first fkn rodeo
    Since it isn't your "first rodeo" you should know better than to trash talk before the final score is official.

Fred The Hammer

Since it isn't your "first rodeo" you should know better than to trash talk before the final score is official.
    Do you understand what bold print indicates? I was pointing out the kicking advantage that Iowa possesses.....thats all

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

State always choke. Ho hum game, fb watching ball whole time and still lets guy catch a td.

12 Last