DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Iowa -1 vs Nebraska

The No.3 team laying 1 at Nebraska, confused any help appreciated.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

We are talking Iowa here. Totally ignore the rankings. Iowa has played one of the softest schedule in the nation. They defeated Pitt (3 losses) at home by 3 points. They defeated Wisconsin (3 losses) by 4 points. Their biggest win comes against Northwestern (2 losses). On the other side of the ball, Nebraska is getting what they paid for when they fired Bo Pelini, who was always good for 9 wins,and hired Mike Riley, one of the worst Head Coaches in the Pac 12. Riley's teams have NEVER won a Conference Championship. Now Nebraska is looking at being out of the playoffs for the first time since 2007. The line is right.

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

All you seems right,however the gaming pros miss from time to time. Will lay the 1 Luck to all and happy Tanksgiving Day!!

PREMOSIX
    PREMOSIX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

Iowa is the pick

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Nebraska is getting what they paid for when they fired Bo Pelini, who was always good for 9 wins,and hired Mike Riley, one of the worst Head Coaches in the Pac 12.
    Did you really say that? What this guy did at O State is amazing -- in a good way.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Bo Pelini sucked anyways. Only hacks throw out the 9 win seasons as "evidence" that he was any good. When you really analyze Pelini on a game to game basis, he was routinely in over his head. As for Riley, it's way too early to pass judgement. The cupboard wasn't exactly stocked when he took over.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Bo Pelini sucked anyways. Only hacks throw out the 9 win seasons as "evidence" that he was any good. When you really analyze Pelini on a game to game basis, he was routinely in over his head. As for Riley, it's way too early to pass judgement. The cupboard wasn't exactly stocked when he took over.
    I agree. Plus the last second losses they have suffered this year they could have a winning record. should have. Iowa comming off a short week and Neb comming off a bye week at lincoln. Line is where it should be.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    We are talking Iowa here. Totally ignore the rankings. Iowa has played one of the softest schedule in the nation. They defeated Pitt (3 losses) at home by 3 points. They defeated Wisconsin (3 losses) by 4 points. Their biggest win comes against Northwestern (2 losses). On the other side of the ball, Nebraska is getting what they paid for when they fired Bo Pelini, who was always good for 9 wins,and hired Mike Riley, one of the worst Head Coaches in the Pac 12. Riley's teams have NEVER won a Conference Championship. Now Nebraska is looking at being out of the playoffs for the first time since 2007. The line is right.
    Pelini had to go. 9 win seasons with blowout losses is not acceptable at Nebraska. Pelini is a hot head that continues to get fined for his poor sideline behavior. Riley one of the worst head coaches in the Pac 12? Not sure where you get your information. Riley is highly respected in the coaching world. He has always found ways to work with lesser talent. Oregon State will never be able to out recruit Oregon.

Husker36

As far as the Nebraska Iowa game...... Iowa is trying to do something that they have never done. Nebraska is at home with the better talent. COULD Iowa win? Absolutely! Iowa will have to win by throwing the ball which is something they dont do well. Nebraska is the pick here.

albinoshark
    albinoshark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

Go with the upset, Nebraska +1.5, playing for a bowl game as well. Too reminiscent of the Nebraska vs MSU game game. Who did Iowa play this year, Minn...NW?... Too much stuffing as they try to stay awake on the bus ride.

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    I agree. Plus the last second losses they have suffered this year they could have a winning record. should have. Iowa comming off a short week and Neb comming off a bye week at lincoln. Line is where it should be.
    Agree. Also.....not all players were on board with the coaching change. Ex coaches still in contact with players during the season. Some players called out for not trying during games. Players are all beginning to buy into the new coach and this team is starting to play as a team. They beat Michigan State and they need this win to be bowl eligible. Iowa is way overrated and even Vegas said they don't belong in the top 15

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Agree. Also.....not all players were on board with the coaching change. Ex coaches still in contact with players during the season. Some players called out for not trying during games. Players are all beginning to buy into the new coach and this team is starting to play as a team. They beat Michigan State and they need this win to be bowl eligible. Iowa is way overrated and even Vegas said they don't belong in the top 15
    I agree....BUT, if my Hawkeyes win the next 2 they will be in and deserve to be in.

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    I agree....BUT, if my Hawkeyes win the next 2 they will be in and deserve to be in.
    Yes. If Iowa beats Nebraska and Michigan State they will have earned their spot.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    As far as the Nebraska Iowa game...... Iowa is trying to do something that they have never done. Nebraska is at home with the better talent. COULD Iowa win? Absolutely! Iowa will have to win by throwing the ball which is something they dont do well. Nebraska is the pick here.
    they can and will pass all over neb 125th ranked passing defense in yards allowed.. beathard has played efficiently and risen to the challenge whenever they have needed him, he has a 139 passer rating, far better td/int ratio, and a higher completion percentage than armstrong while throwing for close to as many yards..if Minnesota's terrible passing attack can go for 300 on neb anyone can.

5 common opponents iowa was +364 in the yardage department while huskers were -69

iowa out rushed all 5, crushing NW (+283) who out rushed neb by more than 100 yards.

iowa will be able to throw when needed but they will win on the ground as well as they have held opponents to slightly fewer rushing yards and yards per attempt at same time rushing for more yards at a slightly better avg..

iowa the pick as they been dominate as road chalk the last several years.. the over looks good as well.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Tough game. A month ago I would have taken Iowa but the Huskers have looked a lot better the last few weeks. Undecided and will probably pass.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Tough game. A month ago I would have taken Iowa but the Huskers have looked a lot better the last few weeks. Undecided and will probably pass.
    What about Navy at 12?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    What about Navy at 12?
    yes tell us bout it seems everyone i respect on navy which scares me when we all mostly agree (happened with dal yesterday and that went so well, lol).

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

I really like Navy. Lol

Like I said yesterday, Houston could easily win or cover, but after I've watched their backup QB as well as their inconsistent defense I just think they're playing a more focused opponent today.

Oh yea, I hated Dallas yesterday lol

GL guys

KenDubya02
    KenDubya02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Nebraska is the pick. I liked em when they hosted mich state, like them in this spot too..

navyblue81

What about Navy at 12?
    I would never bet on or against Navy. Hard team to predict. This year they've been covering a lot but they're such a fickle team you never know.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

I would never bet on or against Navy. Hard team to predict. This year they've been covering a lot but they're such a fickle team you never know.
    Really? It's been pretty easy all year with them as far as knowing what to expect from their team. They're 9-1 and dominated every game but the ND game. Not saying any of that matters today, but they've been pretty easy to predict. On the opposite end of a fickle team

2daBank

wow really? they been money in their 1st run through this conference where these teams wernt accustomed to the challenges you facing preparing for the triple option, most i respect said as much prior to the season, seem pretty predictable this year.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    Really? It's been pretty easy all year with them as far as knowing what to expect from their team. They're 9-1 and dominated every game but the ND game. Not saying any of that matters today, but they've been pretty easy to predict. On the opposite end of a fickle team
    lol. beat me to it.

ATSFTW
    ATSFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2593

Iowa is by far the most overrated team in the country. Road favorite off of a short week while Nebraska had a bye?Rumor of King being suspended for part of the game?
    Nebraska is the play.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    yes tell us bout it seems everyone i respect on navy which scares me when we all mostly agree (happened with dal yesterday and that went so well, lol).
    Well I was Carolina, but I was on Philly lol

I really want to like Navy here

navyblue81

Just don't want to jinx them. I'm afraid if I tell everyone to pile on them they'll lose. You'll know in the first 5 minutes if Navy will win. If the option is working, then it's full speed ahead.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Quote Originally Posted by ATSFTW View Post
    Iowa is by far the most overrated team in the country. Road favorite off of a short week while Nebraska had a bye?Rumor of King being suspended for part of the game?
    Nebraska is the play.
    While I will say you're probably right, this is just an opinion. We don't really know this as they haven't played any of the tough teams. All you can do is beat who's on your schedule. Ohio St has been the most overrated team in the regular season for years now, but they get in last year and do damage. You never know

2daBank

While I will say you're probably right, this is just an opinion. We don't really know this as they haven't played any of the tough teams. All you can do is beat who's on your schedule. Ohio St has been the most overrated team in the regular season for years now, but they get in last year and do damage. You never know
    exactly, osu resume is far uglier than iowa's who actually scheduled legit out of conf schools. what really cracks me up is everyone using iowa's schedule as a reason to play neb but the bottom line is they been beating shit every bit as good or better than the huskers all season. talk to me about their schedule when they face a legit team, not another garbage one..

btw until this back loaded big 12 schedule started taking place and okie lite was undefeated they were every bit as overrated and sported a far worse resume..
    Points Awarded:

Bbfromgpt gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RavensFan2k3

Im just gonna enjoy both games. Alot of pressure on Navy today, I think they falter

bluetooth3
    bluetooth3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I think Nebraska wins. I don't believe Iowa is a playoff team. Nebraksa has had some really bad beats this year but a W today goes a long way for Riley and his staff

PREMOSIX
    PREMOSIX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

Now I really love Iowa ..people sleeping on them just like cam and the panthers.

RavensFan2k3

Im just gonna enjoy both games. Alot of pressure on Navy today, I think they falter
    And just like

ATSFTW
    ATSFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2593

Quote Originally Posted by PREMOSIX View Post
    Now I really love Iowa ..people sleeping on them just like cam and the panthers.
    What makes you "really" love Iowa? They beat a bunch of average and bad teams by single digits.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I hate Iowa's Bulls hit schedule. It is borderline felonious to not play anyone worth a pulse and be ranked in the playoffs. I hope they get smashed today but I think they win.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ATSFTW View Post
    What makes you "really" love Iowa? They beat a bunch of average and bad teams by single digits.
    At least they beat them which more than you can say about huskers. 5 common opponents and Iowa outgained them by 350 or so while neb was out gained.