smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

well if they score 6 points they should be OK.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    No ifs manster!!! Noles roll this weekend!!!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

ND is overrated every fukking year...fukk em
    This.
    Bad win vs. Virgina, terrible win last week vs. Boston College when bad wins in November count almost like a loss.
    Barely beat Temple, yadda yadda yadda

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

I stopped even watching the show. Long is such an idiot, every answer he gives is a contradiction to something he said 2 minutes before. Should just bring the BCS formula back and take the top 4 from that. Sorry but OUs win over TCU wasn't that impressive to move them up that many spots. They were a 2 pt conversion away from losing to a team that had 90% of their offense sidelined for the game. Or how about the "who have you played", well as far as I can see Baylor is 1-1 against ranked teams and has the most pathetic schedule of all time yet are still in it, or how about the brutal schedule Iowa has played. Man how do they keep winning? The only thing Iowa has proved is they are good at beating cupcakes, they should be #6 at best until they actually win the conference, which would be the first time they would face a team with skilled players. The whole thing is a joke. Teams just get flip flopped weekly without any real reason why or if Long does have a reason, it's another contradiction from the week before. At least with the BCS everyone knew right off the bat what all the most important things were and it didn't change week to week like it does now.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    yes sir...and that's exactly the reason why the NCAA is going to expand this playoff format at the very least to 8 teams before it's all said and done...too much parity and too much money involved...and not to mention all the bitchin'-n-complainin' from SEC fans...
    Eliminate the one garbage OOC game that every team seems to play- Alabama playing Charleston Southern for example- and expand to 8 teams. Play first round on 23rd / Christmas eve during the day. At least then we don't have to watch the fukkin little ceasers pizza bowl.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Notre Dame lost to the #1 ranked team by 2 points at an away game, yet is ranked behind teams that lost to teams that are ranked around 30

Also, when did Notre Dame stop playing against Michigan/Michigan St?
    How many times do I have to say it? Don't just look at the loss. Compare the wins. ND hasn't looked great even in their wins

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

It comes fown to quality wins versus quality losses

oklahoma has higher quality wins
    ND has a higher quality loss

Assuming OU wins in Stillwater this week, I think their wins eclipse their horrible loss

Cant hold a loss against a team and then not recognize their wins

OU would roll the underage boy fukkers anyways

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

OU is playing great right now....still trying to figure out that Texas loss
    They were. 17 point favs. One of their only ats losses all season which mite help them get into final four. Since they had all those style points. I.e ats covers. From the current look committee not holding the texas loss against ou.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

OU has better wins.

The best thing Notre Dame has done this year is "lose a game" by 2 points.

Notre Dame needed a TD in the final two minutes to beat a bad Virginia Team. Notre Dame beat a Ga. Tech team buy 8 points that has a losing record. Notre Dame beat a BC team by 3 points that has a losing record. Hell, Notre Dame need a last minute TD to beat Temple.

Quality wins should weigh more heavily than quality wins.

OU had one game in which they completely stunk it up against a rival. It happens. That doesn't mean Notre Dame is better because they killled Texas. Iowa State killed Texas 24-0. Does that mean Iowa State is better than OU? Hell no. OU beat Iowa State by like 50.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 11-24-15 at 10:16 PM.

homie1975

OU is playing great right now....still trying to figure out that Texas loss
    Rivalry gm. Texas's super bowl. Charlie string was up against wall. His team responded w best effort all year. Still OU was within 7 pts. It happens.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Answer this question....win points:

Who are the final 4 teams in this scenario:

-UNC loses to NC State, beats Clemson in ACC Championship

- Notre Dame loses to Stanford

- Oklahoma St beats Oklahoma

-Florida loses to FSU but beats Bama in SEC Championship

-Iowa loses @ Nebraska but wins Big Ten title game

- Stanford loses Pac 12 Title game

-Baylor loses to TCU or Texas

GOOD LUCK

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

GOOD LUCK

Clemson

OK St

Iowa

Navy
    Points Awarded:

MoneyLineDawg gave Vegas39 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

GOOD LUCK
    IU

SD ST

Florida ST

Florida

What do i win?
    Points Awarded:

MoneyLineDawg gave kidcudi92 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975

Lots of football left. We'll have a clear pic in 2 wks

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Just curious what you guys would think because I couldn't figure it out myself

It's basically: Do you reward conference champions or better teams that lose their title games or even teams that aren't involved in conference championships?

Or even a wildcard like Navy?

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Clemson

OK St

Iowa

Navy
    Houston will beat Navy this weekend book it!

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

thanks for the pts MLD i knew i was right

BigDofBA

Eight is the perfect number for a playoff.

Give the winner of each power 5 conference an automatic birth and let the committee select the last three teams in rather than select all the teams in.

That way, going into the season, every team in the power 5 conferences knows what they have to do and they can "play their way in".

The three at large spots could be used for teams like Notre Dame, whatever mid-major is good (Navy this year), and another really good power 5 team.

As for that cluster f*ck scenario in which everyone loses....I would love to see what would happen. It would probably still be the SEC champ, Clemson, Big 10 champ and then whatever other team they decided to throw in. Probably Notre Dame or Stanford.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

10 teams, two from each power conference

fukk the rest

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17040

bring back the bcs. college football was special because of how important the regular season is. now you can lose to shitty teams and still win the title like ohio st. the problem isnt too many good teams this year. the problem is that all the teams suck. alabama and clemson are the obvious two that deserve a shot and no one else does. it will just keep expanding like basketball until the regular season is pointless.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I'm with ya, pal!......I'd love to see the Noles open up a can on them!..
    This would complete my thanksgiving weekend.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57705

Iowa is a HUGE fraud! Easy schedule and their toughest game, a win over Wisconsin was miraculous. Badgers had many chances to win the game and just kept self-destructing. Sparty will crush Hawks in the B10 Championship and this will all be resolved.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Name:  12308342_10156107748800012_574438709643584112_n-resized-500.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  64.5 KB

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    bring back the bcs. college football was special because of how important the regular season is. now you can lose to shitty teams and still win the title like ohio st. the problem isnt too many good teams this year. the problem is that all the teams suck. alabama and clemson are the obvious two that deserve a shot and no one else does. it will just keep expanding like basketball until the regular season is pointless.
    If we had the BCS it would have been Alabama against FLorida State last year. Both of those teams got their asses kicked in the first round of the playoffs. The BCS was shit.

The regular season didn't matter as much as you thought it did in the BCS.

USC got left out in 2003
    Auburn went undefeated and got left out in 2004
    LSU lost two games including their last game and got "in" in 2007

Hell, LSU beat Alabama on Bama's home field a few years ago, won the SEC, and that game didn't even matter because Bama still got to play LSU again for the national title.

The BCS was shit.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

I personally don't think Oklahoma is that great. They lost to freaking Texas! You shouldn't even be ranked above my boys from Navy after that kind of loss. And beating TCU isn't anything without their top two players.

I personally think Notre Dame is a better team than OU when healthy, but ND's injuries are crippling them. I don't see how in the world they beat Stanford with all these guys hurt. If they do, Brian Kelly should be Coach of Century.

By the way, I don't get the Notre Dame hate. They've got a good team in place to root for and are a great story winning with a lot of backups. I don't get it. Guess a lot of anti-Catholics out there.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    I don't see how because Okie St is ranked higher than Stanford right now. So Oklahoma's win would be better than ND's win.
    No they're not. Stanford is 9 and Okie State is 11.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Mike Golic said this morning that with the way that everything is set up, Notre Dame will probably be on the outside, looking in.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Mike Golic said this morning that with the way that everything is set up, Notre Dame will probably be on the outside, looking in.
    Notre Dame is not going to beat Stanford, anyways. They're way too banged up. The Procise injury is the big killer because is a "speed team" and if you've watched them the last two weeks, they've played poorly because they've been missing that speed at RB. Throw in missing Kevarae Russell and they're in deep do-do. They've got loads of talent in place for next year if they can avoid the injury bug, but they're playing a bunch of back up and even third stringers at the Farm on Saturday and I will take Stanford and the 4 points to the bank.

By the way, watch out for Penn State on Saturday. I could see both Iowa and Michigan State having major problems. I don't think the Spartans have the offense to score a lot, especially if Cook doesn't play.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

So many things can still happen

I doubt Iowa runs the table

Clemson can lose

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

these polls every week dont mean anything. just there to generate media conversation and get people to pointlessly debate. Everyone knows iowa isnt going to run the table so theres still one spot remaining. the other 3 are set

relamancer2
    relamancer2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1642

You can never count on OU in a bowl game. They always seem to get blown out..... maybe put them in so i can bet against them.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Clem, bama, ou, iowa. So many of u said the committee would put nd over ou due to common opponent texas. Luckily the committee watches the games because it's clear ou has been more impressive than nd.

Howd. That. Taste.

Man that felt great
    Once again your stupidity show up. You really do not know caca do you boy? What happened last season when the committee had TCU ranked #3 at this time last season?

navyblue81

The scenario Id be interested in seeing is what they do if Bama, MSU, OU and ND win this weekend and then Clemson loses to NC. Does Clemson get in over ND? And before you say "Yes because they beat them", I advise you to research '1993 Notre Dame and Florida State' in Google and tell me what makes this year different than that.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    The scenario Id be interested in seeing is what they do if Bama, MSU, OU and ND win this weekend and then Clemson loses to NC. Does Clemson get in over ND? And before you say "Yes because they beat them", I advise you to research '1993 Notre Dame and Florida State' in Google and tell me what makes this year different than that.
    For one I think the committee would take H2H into account. No guarantees. I just cant see how a beat up ND team beats Stanford

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    For one I think the committee would take H2H into account. No guarantees. I just cant see how a beat up ND team beats Stanford
    I don't either. I think Stanford is going to pummel them. But the scenario is just for argument's sake. And the reason I bring up 1993 is Notre Dame beat Florida State then lost the last game of the season to #13 BC (which happens to be around the same ranking of NC). But Florida State got into the National Championship game (NOT ND despite their H2H) and the Noles won the NC. FSU ended the year #1, Notre Dame #2. Trust me, if the scenario I laid out plays out, expect to hear Notre Dame politic about 1993 that H2H shouldn't be the final factor. And they'd have a case. They've had the tougher schedule than Clemson, assuming all ND's opponents win out.

First 12345 ... Last