BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Who Besides 'Bama in the Playoffs?

It is rather obvious that Alabama should be the #1 team in the nation now, no matter what the committee thinks, but who else makes the playoffs? Let's do a little review:

ACC: Clemson is undefeated and should cruise past Wake and South Carolina to finish the regular season at 12-0. Then they must get past the ACC Championship game in Charlotte against most likely North CArolina, who can go 11-0 since a week one loss. That game would be a great match up and certainly not a gimme for Clemson. Would a 12-1 UNC make the Playoff should they upset Clemson?

Big 10: How about this possible mess. Ohio State defeats Michigan State, but loses to Michigan. Michigan wins the Big 10 East and plays Iowa in the CC game. Iowa should run the table. If Michigan wins the CC game, they win the Big 10, but have two losses, one against Utah, who just lost to Arizona last night and now trail USC in the Pac 12 South.

Big 12: Simple. Oklahoma State is the lone undefeated team and hosts Baylor next week, and Oklahoma the following week. Win and they should be in. A loss could mean big trouble for the Big 12. A conglomeration of 1 loss teams in the Big 12, which does NOT have a CC game, could lead to the Big 12 being passed over again.

Pac 12: Basically eliminated. No two loss team will make it. As many predicted, the conference was just too tough. 8 Pac 12 teams are bowl eligible and two more have a chance to make it. 10 out of 12 is not bad. The Big 10 may get 10 teams in, but they have 14 teams total. The most the ACC can have is 9 teams in. The Big 12 currently has 5 teams eligible, and will not have more than 7, if that many. Only the SEC with 10 teams currently in, have a shot at a higher number.

SEC: Alabama is in unless they slip at Auburn or in the CC game against Florida. Florida is still a one loss team, though that loss, to LSU, looks worse now that LSU has lost games to Alabama and Arkansas. Only one team makes it out of the SEC.

Notre Dame: Basically win and they are in. The Irish will have a very good SOS, with wins against Navy, USC, Pitt, and Stanford and will finish at 11-1. The Irish would have an advantage over any ACC or Big 12 Champion with a loss.

Right now it looks like Alabama and Ohio State should make it. IF Clemson wins out, they are in. The last spot is anyone's guess.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

If the season were to end today, I think the 4 best teams are Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State and Notre Dame.

However, a lot can happen between now and the end of the season. Alabama's the one team I would say is probably a lock. I don't see them stumbling to Auburn or Florida. But Clemson has a nasty game against UNC. Ohio State will have problems at Michigan. And Notre Dame will have a tough time at Stanford. I mean Stanford was the better team last night but lost because their qb couldn't hold on to a snap. Tough way to lose.

If all three those teams lose, then you have chaos and the possibility that UNC could sneak in. Maybe even my Navy Midshipmen could crack the top 4. Hey I can dream, can't I I'll put my boys up against anyone the way they're playing right now...well, except maybe ND who destroyed us this year.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Navy needs to defeat Houston to get to a New Years 6 Bowl Game. Houston has had the tougher schedule, so it will not be easy for Navy.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Who exactly has Notre Dame beaten this year?

Temple???? Is that their best win?

The same team that just got blown out by USF and almost lost to SMU?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The Irish get in over any Big 12 team unless Oklahoma State goes undefeated. TCU is crap. Baylor plays one decent team and loses. OU loses to Texas. It is Okie State or no one for the Big 12. This is what they get for refusing to play a CC game. If they are smart (and they are not, so far), they grab a couple of teams and go to a 12 team conference. Cincinnati, Memphis, and Houston come to mind, but Texas would never allow Houston in the conference. Bad enough they are the worst of 5 Texas teams. They could not stand to be the worst of 5 Texas teams in the same conference. The current version of the Big 12 is the Big Chicken S**t conference and the committee knows this. They play no one.
    Points Awarded:

shopbar picks gave BigdaddyQH 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.