seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

This thread took a turn for the worse really quickly. Waiting on the Buckwheat, plantation, and Sambo reference to pop in any minute.

jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    and orange soda, malt liquor, and white women!...
    Don't forget "jungle ham"

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I still don't understand what the protest is about or how firing the president will solve anything. But I will defend anyone's right to stand up for what they believe (as long as it's peaceful), even if their belief is fukked up.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Too much whining and sense of entitlement from kids nowadays. These kids have it good playing SEC football, and getting a free education that can lead to a great life. Instead of keeping their focus on what will make them great in the future, they decide to let people, that aren't going to amount to a pile of garbage, sidetrack them. They are kids, who are in a truly winning situation, that want to be victims. I'm a fat guy, but I don't let every insult coming my way affect my true destiny. Life is too short.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

They will win. Reverend al sharpton, Steven a smith, prez Obama, and skip bayless on their side

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

When be the lootin? I needs a new TV and beer to be watching the games.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Coach Pinkel has come out in support of the protest. Didn't see that one coming.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Coach Pinkel has come out in support of the protest. Didn't see that one coming.
    Guys gonna have to focus on recruiting in Nebraska and Maine and Canada, if not

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

lamar odom's black crack smokin' ass loved it; his last meal, until they managed to save his ass, consisted of a bucket of kfc, crack, and pussy

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I have been saying this

America is a weak Country with weak people
    Fukkin right JJ. The vast majority of this country is stupid as shit and/or a massive pussy.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I'd like the president to call their bluff..... finish the season without the protesting players.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Heard their next game is supposed to be a white out. If so, that's hilarious
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Wait until Al Sharpton hears about this. That's when the fun will start.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That is the correct procedure in this sort of situation and Missouri definitely should do it

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    I'd like the president to call their bluff..... finish the season without the protesting players.

TheSideBet

Can someone smarter than me please explain how this does play itself out? The President has said now he will not be resigning. So will all white practice squad guys be starters now? And do the protesting players now lose their contracted scholarship and privileges if they actually do sit out the next game?

BYU is next on deck. Surely they could borrow some white players from them?

jjgold

Well the only way to teach them a lesson is take the scholarships away

TheSideBet

Well the only way to teach them a lesson is take the scholarships away
    Not just a lesson, which they clearly are in need of, but just part of being an adult. They signed a contract to get tens of thousands of dollars in benefits in return for a spot on a team which other players vied for and are obligated to meet those terms unless injured. Getting upset and quitting has consequences in grown up world.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Still reading about this and trying to understand it but if the governor of MO issued a statement voicing displeasure with the university president's handling of events preceding the strike, it is clearly not a simple issue like many of the morons in this thread have tried making it out to be.

black hippy- Opie was being sarcastic in his post.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Maybe now they'll actually score some points.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

these kids will never end up missing games because im pretty sure some of them would lose their scholarships.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    How the penetrate is this possible?

The university gave these players a chance to showcase their skills to the NFL. Where is the race issue?
    Millions of kids go to college for free, the athletes are making the university millions and wont see a dime of it.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

i guess none of you guys like rock n roll.

i always get excited when someone sticks a middle finger up to anyone they feel is fukking them.

BUT THEY'RE GETTING A FREE EDUCATION, TEX! THEY HAVE IT SO GOOD, TEX!

fukk that, you do not let anyone off easy when they are in a position of power and blatantly take a stance against you. you fukk them in the ass. this president will be gone before saturday.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=TheSideBet;24780363]Coach Pinkel has come out in support of the protest. Didn't see that one .. Pinkel trying to win football games in the best/toughest conference in college football...you better back your black players or it may not be so easy in the future to get them. Believe me recruits are watching they always are it's a no brainier for coach pinkel choice is easy.
    Points Awarded:

jtoler gave teaserpleaser 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold

They will all play

lol they have too

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    these kids will never end up missing games because im pretty sure some of them would lose their scholarships.
    100% they lose not one scholarship because they sat out over this... Social justice warriors just waiting hoping mizzu does something stupid like that. They won't do anything stupid like that so don't worry about it.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Guys gonna have to focus on recruiting in Nebraska and Maine and Canada, if not
    Idaho and Washington st.... By sec standards his recruiting classes are joked about openly already it would be bad.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

President will be gone soon...whether he deserves it or not I have no clue. But he wil be gone one way or another real soon

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

nobody cares about Mizu..trash state
    Kansas city royals? St louis cardnials? Lol. Trash. Lol. Stl is 58th biggest city in usa. And kc is 37th biggest. Stl has all the major sports except nba. Kc has mlb and nfl.
    Last edited by vividjohn45; 11-08-15 at 07:24 PM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Millions of kids go to college for free, the athletes are making the university millions and wont see a dime of it.
    The athlete / students on scholarship recieve a iittle more than 140k in education and a room and board, calculated on the cost of education is 35k per year with housing at U of Missouri.

So in essence the University is indeed paying the players 35k a year.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The athlete / students on scholarship recieve a iittle more than 140k in education and a room and board, calculated on the cost of education is 35k per year with housing at U of Missouri.

So in essence the University is indeed paying the players 35k a year.
    But dont millions of non-athletes, who meet requirements, get this through financial aid and pell grants also? I hate the argument the athlete should be grateful to the university because theyre getting a free education, so are many non-athletes. I see it as the university is reaping a boatload of money from these athletes who could just as well attend college for free and not play sports. Or am I wrong about this, my job paid for my schooling so I dont know all the details.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why do they call it a strike? They are not paid employees. It's a walkout but not a strike.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    But dont millions of non-athletes, who meet requirements, get this through financial aid and pell grants also? I hate the argument the athlete should be grateful to the university because theyre getting a free education, so are many non-athletes. I see it as the university is reaping a boatload of money from these athletes who could just as well attend college for free and not play sports. Or am I wrong about this, my job paid for my schooling so I dont know all the details.
    I really don't know all the details either, they're, how shall I put it, too detailed, if I look it up it'll take me an hour to understand it all.

Here's my take, if the athletes don't like it, they don't have to take the free ride, if you are good enough, take the free ride, leave early and go pro. If you aren't good enough to go pro but you are smart, take your 140k free ride, get that free education and go 'pro' in the corporate world.

Pitino tells his kids, play here for a year, if you are pro worthy than enter the draft after your freshman year.
    It's all a dirty game, schools make money, the kids make out all right if they play the game right.......
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mr KLC

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I really don't know all the details either, they're, how shall I put it, too detailed, if I look it up it'll take me an hour to understand it all.

Here's my take, if the athletes don't like it, they don't have to take the free ride, if you are good enough, take the free ride, leave early and go pro. If you aren't good enough to go pro but you are smart, take your 140k free ride, get that free education and go 'pro' in the corporate world.

Pitino tells his kids, play here for a year, if you are pro worthy than enter the draft after your freshman year.
    It's all a dirty game, schools make money, the kids make out all right if they play the game right.......
    Wrong coach. That is Calipari. Pitino begs and lies for the kids to stay. Cal tells them to get out of the way so I can replace you with someone better.

First 12345 ... Last