Davis804
    Davis804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1309

Upsets looming

Va tech -3

The Hokies have had a disappointing season much to the chagrin of the fan base, including myself. There will be changes in Blacksburg, either at the end of the this season or next. Tech has numerous injuries this year, but there talent level is still superior to Dukes. This game on Saturday, is a matchup that favors Tech. Duke will rely on the running game, as they should not have much success throwing against techs secondary. If bud foster can get the guys to contain the run, it should set up techs offense with decent field position. Brewer will be back on Saturday and his presence alone should give the team an extra sense of motivation. Dukes defense is smart and underrated, led by Jeremy cash who will be playing on Sundays. With all the rumblings going on surrounding Beamer and the coaching staff, I believe tech will put it all together for one game and "upset" duke.

Vols +15

tennessee will go all in for this one. This is a tremendous rivalry with a lot of hatred between the two. Dobbs will have to be consistent, accurate, and utilize his athletic ability to give the vols a chance. I am not calling an upset here but this game will be tight. Tennessee is not nearly as bad as their record indicates.

Umass +14
    Minutemen played tougher schedule and hung with the rockets last yr

Ohio/Buffalo under 54

Ytd: 9-8-1

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5700

So funny a VA Tech win will actually qualify for an upset.

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

One loss that will stick with me forever is Duke/V. Tech game from last year. VT was down so many injuries and seems like Duke was still in thehunt for a conf. championship appearance. It was a bad day for me to say the least.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

A team that is favored, V.T. -2, winning, does not equal an upset.

Davis804
    Davis804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1309

Depends on one would interpret an "upset". Duke is the ranked team and tech has a losing record. But I agree ctwown, in my eyes there is no way I would classify it as one either. It's sad to say tech could upset duke two years in a row lol

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Isn't upsets teams who win outright? Favorites winning isn't an upset and a dog covering 15 isn't an upset. TN winning, Miami winning, KState winning are definition of upsets. What the F is this?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Isn't upsets teams who win outright? Favorites winning isn't an upset and a dog covering 15 isn't an upset. TN winning, Miami winning, KState winning are definition of upsets. What the F is this?
    canes are so hard to trust, if i thought they were gonna give a honest effort today i think they could make it interesting. problem is how do you trust that? after losing to fsu has been one of their biggest lay down spots last decade.