CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Appalachian st - 13

The Mountaineers are really on the rise. Last year was their 1st season in the FBS, they started out going 1-5 and finished by winning 6 straight games. They return 20 starters, with 9 players on the D. On the D they rank #8 nationally giving up only 267 yards per game. Also the D GIVES UP an avg. of 11.4 points per game. With the exception of Clemson, these stats are vs Sun Belt teams and are playing a conf. game vs. ULM this week. Also with this good D will create a shorter playing field for their O. In early season on the O, it was run,run,and run. Realizing that opponents were stacking the box, App.St. started to throw more quick slants the their TE and threw more screen plays....result, App. St. QB Lamb leads conf. with 12 TD passes and has a QB rating of 157!! They now use the pistol offence and are getting good results. On a sad note ULM's backup QB Fitzwater passed away two weeks ago. It's got to be hard on these teen age kids focus 100 %. The Warhawks are porous on D,are inconsistent and turnover prone. ........APP. ST -13....3 UNITS................................... .....................Good luck to all!!
    Last edited by CappinTerp; 10-16-15 at 07:59 AM.
    Points Awarded:

ZIPPER HEAD gave CappinTerp 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CappinTerp

Bump

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Great write up

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guy always has good write-ups and comes up with these off teams to wager on

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I like App St. but this game is tough to cap.

ULM losses and stats come from teams like GA, Alabama, GA Southern and Tulsa.

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

I would prefer this at -8 but I think the Moonshiners of Appalachian State can cover on Lo-Monroe

Cordoba25
    Cordoba25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3682

Good write up. I have this game circled as well.. just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Already on a few public backed fav teams to cover and try to keep these to a minimum for obvious reason. Plus ULM had a spirited effort last weekend against Tulsa. SOmetimes a team can rally around a tradgedy like that and use it emotionally for motivation so it's not necessarily a strike against though. But it should cover though.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    I would prefer this at -8 but I think the Moonshiners of Appalachian State can cover on Lo-Monroe
    Yea,was going to bet this............... on WED. @ -11 ! But got tied up at home........................goos luck to all!!!!

CappinTerp

Also App. St. is #1 in country in red zone D.,giving up just 1TD passing,1 TD rushing and 1 FG. In 12 red zone att.

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Nice write up. Only thing that concerns me is the look ahead to GaSo next Thursday. GL!

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    Nice write up. Only thing that concerns me is the look ahead to GaSo next Thursday. GL!
    I would not be concerned looking ahead. This is APP.ST. 1st season in the Sun Belt Conf. So it's not like they are thinking: Damm we got GaSo next week....they always beat us or they killed us last year,can't wait to play them. Believe that they will be focused with game today!...........................will they cover? We will see what happens.....................BOL

White_Rodman
    Update your status
    White_Rodman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

GaSou at App next week should be a hell of a game. Any idea what opening line will be? App -3 ??

HeeluvaGuy

I probably shouldn't have butted in. It's not really a matter of rivalry so much as next week's game is a matchup of likely the two best teams in the Sun Belt. I looked at both games (yours and the NMSU/GaSo game) and like App and GaSo quite a bit on paper. (I laid the points last week @ Georgia St.) I moved off because of the situation, but I certainly understand why you might choose to weigh it differently. (Any idiot, myself included, can some on and point out one risk for every single play.)

FWIW, I've followed App off and on through the years well before they beat Michigan. They've always been a good program, and there's a reason the North Carolina teams don't schedule them. Night games there used to be a complete circus because the students would take a lot of drugs all day and go insane for the games. I think there may have even been a ban on night games for a while but someone else would have to confirm that.

GL today!

CappinTerp

​fld/lsu - 1st half under 23....2 units................................... .................................gl

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Great call man

HeeluvaGuy

Nailed it. Nice job.

jjgold

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Great call man
    Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    Nailed it. Nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Thanks guys, on to the next game.................................... .....................gl

jjgold

Terper does well on these