M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Why not pick another game?

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

NC State had a critical fumble that cost them the game vs Louisville,
    They also were getting bad calls by the refs on defense, their offense is kind of stale,
    they use a lot of clock and not in a hurry, they run the ball well, and need work in the passing game.
    The defense looks better than the Virginia Tech defense.
    This game looks like it will be in the 24-23 range and it would be better to have the points, and NC State,
    V tech is unimpressive
    I would look at the total under 50 range
    Its gonna be very close game
    nc state +2
    under 50

illtww
    illtww's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by m.w. View Post
    why not pick another game?
    this

SightSeer
    SightSeer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

It was bad timing for NC St last week vs. Louisville. All last week they were answering questions about their soft schedule and how this was their chance to prove they were for real. They also had Thornton dismissed from the team. Although he had not been a big factor this year, it had to be a distracting to the team. Add in the potential weather factors and there was just a lot of things going on for them other than the game. Unfortunately for them, Louisville was even more desperate to prove that they were going to be a factor in the ACC, not having beaten an FBS team as of yet. They also talked about how NC St had not been 'Louisville' tested yet, sounding like thy were ready to roll. Their attention was solely on the Pack and getting this win. It was a sloppy game with neither team getting any flow on offense, but the Cards were the tougher team, gutting out the win in wet conditions, which is MUCH better suited for L'Ville.

Va Tech offensively is atrocious. Motley threw 3 picks, but the more worrisome stat is the rushing yards, which totaled a whopping 9 yards thanks to an O line that appears to be getting worse as the season progresses . After the game, the usually calm Beamer was visibly and audibly frustrated, stated 'We're not staying where we are right now. Where we are right now, it's not good enough", implying changes (or serious evaluations of who is playing where) is coming soon. What this means, who knows? It could be good or bad, but I would definitely hold off on betting this until later in the week to see if more info comes out on the Va Tech game plan.

Both teams are off disappointing losses, but I think Virginia Tech's was by far the most disappointing of the two. Normally, a weekday night game in Blacksburg would be an almost automatic play on the Hokies w/ a short number, but this is simply NOT the same Va Tech teams of 10, or even 4 or 5 years ago. They seem, to me at least, to have lost that toughness on D and any type of confidence whatsoever on O. NC St will have to be ready to play in this one though, as it sounds like no matter who ends up playing for Tech, they're going to play with their hair on fire. NC St as a weekday away dog is historically dangerous too.

As of now I am not going to touch this game, as there are currently too many variables, the biggest one being a desperate Va Tech team at home on a Friday, but I do lean NC St. They will be playing their second extremely desperate team in as many games, but they also want to prove that they belong in the ACC Atlantic. They have the QB and running game edge in what should be a low scoring game. This could be the death knell for Coach Beamer if the Wolfpack come in and put a whoppin' on the Hokies.
    Last edited by SightSeer; 10-05-15 at 11:54 AM.
    Points Awarded:

jtoler gave SightSeer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

illtww
    illtww's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by SightSeer View Post
    They have the QB and running game edge in what should be a low scoring game.
    Agree.. Could be a ZzZzzZ of a game though.