Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

Everyone Should Start Their Saturday With Iowa Hawkeyes +6.5 If You Want That Chedda!

I think the Hawkeyes are going to give Wisconsin all they can handle in this B1G clash and have a very good shot at winning the game outright. I've never been of fan of Wisconsin quarterback Joel Stave and with Corey Clement out with injury, I think the Hawks actually have the better playmakers.

C.J. Beathard is nice quarterback with a live arm and is a definite upgrade over Rudock from last year. RB Jordan Canzeri is shifty and fast, unlike the typical plodders at Iowa, and Tevaun Smith gives them a legit threat at wideout.

Defensively, Iowa has held their ground against opponents' rushing attacks, allowing only 84 yards a game. Against Wisky, if you can at least slow the run, you give yourself a chance.

Wisconsin has a stout defense in their own right, but outside of their opening game, they really haven't been faced with any sort of challenge... and they got throttled in that game by an Alabama team which isn't exactly the typical Bama juggernaut.

I think these two teams match up very well and the oddsmakers are being a bit generous with the points, probably based on the Wisconsin "brand" and the perception that they are of a higher class. I like the overall moxie of this Iowa team, and, like I said, would not be surprised at all if they come out with the win.

Iowa Hawkeyes +6.5 to the bank.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I like this pick too...good luck!

fabric
    fabric's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

I approve of this wager, although im staying away.

Eddy Munny

Well if Badgerguy approves, I'm definitely onto something here.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i agree my man. really only play i love other than some juiced out ml's i parlayed

GloatingBastard
    GloatingBastard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I love Iowa here +7

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Like it lot; probably adding Team Total 0 19.5 as well. Weather's fine.

BrewMan
    BrewMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

Everyone and their brother is on Iowa. I'll agree that Iowa seems like the logical play, but this seems to be one of those "this looks too easy" games. I'm staying away.

Go Badgers!

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by BrewMan View Post
    Everyone and their brother is on Iowa. I'll agree that Iowa seems like the logical play, but this seems to be one of those "this looks too easy" games. I'm staying away.

Go Badgers!
    I'm not sure what you mean by "everyone." Everyone in this thread, maybe? Because I can assure you the average joe isn't salivating over Iowa in this game, or any other. Wisconsin is still the more "public" team and they are currently being bet to the tune of 61%. I just happen to disagree with the Vegas line, and cited my reasons for that. I think it's as solid a play as there is today.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by BrewMan View Post

Go Badgers!
    there no way that true. most ppl i respect who know the game are on iowa but overall that very unlikely considering wiscy has a nice shiny number by their name and have been waxing crap teams while iowa playing tight gms vs teams nobody thinks much of.

Eddy Munny

7-3 Hawks. Let's go!

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

10-3; Iowa has also a missed fg and a turnover inside the redzone.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    10-3; Iowa has also a missed fg and a turnover inside the redzone.
    Oh I didn't even realize they had a red zone turnover. My power went out this morning and didn't come back on til bout an hour after kickoff. I tuned in shortly after Iowa missed the FG. I'll take a 10-3 lead at the half all day. Hawks should win this.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

yeah should be 16-3 easily. still in great shape though

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Good call. I knew this would be a tough game, always is. Congrats.