FightForCalifornia
    FightForCalifornia's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vanderbilt Football (seriously)

With Rutgers and Wake, two traditional doormats now becoming good teams, what's to say that Vanderbilt can't?

Earl Bennett is probably the best player you've never heard of, the guy can do it all - great hands, goes over the middle, good speed.

Their QB, Chris Nickson, was a Soph last year and by all accounts has continued to improve. He's a good passer and also ran for like 700 yards... they return 4 of their o-linemen and their best defender as well (linebacker... forgetting his name right now).

These guys lost to Bama 13-10, Arkansas 21-19, Beat Georgia, and lost to Florida by 6... I feel like they could break through this year. They also played a lot of good teams like Michigan, and beat Tenn two years ago and have some experience, and there are a lot of seniors on this team.

I'm not saying they are going to win the SEC or compete for a national title, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go 7-5 or 8-4 and go to a bowl for the first time since the stone age. Anyone from TN or closer to the program have any insights and info?

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

excellent thoughts here fight...think it's also important to note that Bobby Johnson is probably the most underrated coach in the SEC...these guys play their asses off...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    excellent thoughts here fight...think it's also important to note that Bobby Johnson is probably the most underrated coach in the SEC...these guys play their asses off...
    I'd go a step further and say he is the most underrated coach in the nation.

pags11

that's what I like about you razz...

godores
    godores's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, seriously

They have great talent... and 5 o-linemen returning (2 all-SEC). Earl Bennett (does he really need an intro) Jonathan Goff (preseason all-American). And 8 home games

Richmond WIN
    Ole Miss WIN
    Alabama WIN
    Eastern Michigan WIn
    @ Auburn Close LOSS
    Georgia close LOSS
    @ South Carolina LOSS
    Miami (OH) WIN
    @ Florida WIN
    Kentucky WIN
    @ Tennessee LOSS
    Wake Forest WIN

8-4 (4-4 SEC)

pags11

can't wait to see Earl Bennett snag some balls...