jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Refs Screwing Up Florida Game

Bad calls not even being reviewed, I blame Florida's coaching staff for not challenging and not alarming the officials, no other coaching staff lets those plays just go by without challenging or making a big fuss about it, Muschamp is an idiot I see.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

That call helped Florida. Had they reviewed it, the ball would have been at the half yard line.

Either way it didn't matter. Tennessee still scored, just from a farther distance.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    That call helped Florida. Had they reviewed it, the ball would have been at the half yard line.

Either way it didn't matter. Tennessee still scored, just from a farther distance.
    Youre right that one helped them but there was one before where the Tenn. guy caught the pass took two steps got rocked and fumbled and Florida recovered, refs didnt even look at it, announcers looked at all angles and it was indeed a catch and two steps.

BigDofBA

Gotcha. I thought you were talking about the other play.

luckyutah
    luckyutah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

FYI: Muschamp does not coach Florida anymore.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

No, call didn't help UF. The offense cannot advance a forward fumble. The ball would have been still at the 5 yard line but at least review the play. It looked at first glance that the ball may have went out of the end zone or hit a UT player in the end zone. It didn't, but at least review the damn play and get it right.

The earlier fumble was a clear fukk up by the refs. I blame McElwain for that though. You have to call timeout and give the refs time to review. Whoever is up in the replay booth is obviously just chilling because he ain't reviewing shit.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by luckyutah View Post
    FYI: Muschamp does not coach Florida anymore.
    Youre right, heard Daniels say his name for some reason during this telecast, Ill still blame Muschamp for Florida not having a qb.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    No, call didn't help UF. The offense cannot advance a forward fumble. The ball would have been still at the 5 yard line but at least review the play. It looked at first glance that the ball may have went out of the end zone or hit a UT player in the end zone. It didn't, but at least review the damn play and get it right.

The earlier fumble was a clear fukk up by the refs. I blame McElwain for that though. You have to call timeout and give the refs time to review. Whoever is up in the replay booth is obviously just chilling because he ain't reviewing shit.
    Glad somebody else saw it, didnt think many watch SEC games here unless its a night game.

BigDofBA

Yeah. You can't advance a forward fumble unless the git that fumbles it recovers it. For some reason I was thinking the QB that fumbles batted it out of bounds.

Anyway, Florida is getting their shit pushed in so it's not going to matter.

jtoler

Yes, Gators! Hold on.

jtoler

Omg another timeout before a missed kick.

Mac4Lyfe

Refs fukked up the ending of this game in UF's favor. UT threw a long pass at the end to get the ball near FG range. It was a first down and it looked like the runner ran out of bounds. The ref made a confusing signal as if he ran out of bounds but he also did a half wind up like the clock should still run. Well the clock did run from 12 seconds all the way down to 3 seconds. Butch Jones tried to argue but to no avail. UT had 12 guys on the field in the confusion and was given a penalty on top of it all. They had 1 timeout left but had to use it to avoid the 10 second run off and it pushed the kick back to a 55 yarder.

Horrible refs tonight.

Yeah. You can't advance a forward fumble unless the git that fumbles it recovers it. For some reason I was thinking the QB that fumbles batted it out of bounds.

Anyway, Florida is getting their shit pushed in so it's not going to matter.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't understand it. Why give a guy a practice kick? Call the timeout before the kick if you want to ice him but don't let him get his leg loose. That shit almost came back to bite McElwain.

Mike Shanihan started that shit years ago. Couldn't stand him as my offensive coordinator and still don't like that bitch move.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Omg another timeout before a missed kick.

BigDofBA

Either way Florida owns Tenn.

Tennessee shouldn't have let it come down to officiating. They had a big lead late.

Also, why not go for 2 up 26-14?

jtoler

I don't understand it. Why give a guy a practice kick? Call the timeout before the kick if you want to ice him but don't let him get his leg loose. That shit almost came back to bite McElwain.

Mike Shanihan started that shit years ago. Couldn't stand him as my offensive coordinator and still don't like that bitch move.
    I agree, that 2nd field goal wasnt that far off either.