Skeletor42
    Update your status
    Skeletor42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8428

Bovada Blows!!!

Bovada had Georgia Tech yesterday at +3. I saw the obvious mistake and jumped on it. They accepted the bet but today cancelled it. This is a bullshit way to conduct business. No response to my inquiries about the matter. They don't allow me to pull a bet because the line moves in my favor so just wondered if Bovada has pulled this kind of Shit with any of you guys?

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

If the line was an obvious mistake the bet is cancel at any site.. but lets say if the line u saw was -3 but other places is -5,6,7 they might let it go but if its like -14 or even -9 you know they might have misten a number.

Jerm3085
    Jerm3085's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6143

I hate Bovada so much...they constantly have technical issues, their poker software is obviously rigged, not to mention they pay employees to operate the PRNG software to recoup some of their money in cash games and sit and go's, and they always have the worst lines and juice the crap out of them! Totals are always a half point higher or lower in MLB, and sometimes 2-3 points in football whether it is the spread or the total. Twice i have had issues with payouts where the check bounced, and I spent a few weeks dealing with their garbage trying to get a new check, although eventually I did get paid, but in one instance I told them F*%# IT! and to just put the money back into my online account!!!! For some reason I continued to deal with their stupid BS over the past few years but not anymore...I wish there was a way to screw them over, because they really deserve a lot worse for the crap they pull on their customers, the people who line their greedy pockets and keep them in business. Sorry for the rant, but they really are that bad
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CommodoresV

mcgeezer1883
    mcgeezer1883's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Books can cancel a wager due to a line error. You knew very well GT isn't a 3 point dog...which is why you took it.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Would you have rather logged in on Saturday morning, and saw your bet wasn't pending and opened to a message with a canceled bet due to a line error? And that's not illegal, or uncommon with online books. Be happy it got corrected and you were alerted now, 3 days before the game.

restingbird
    restingbird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

Bovada does suck in general and the new software is horseshit garbage but the site is useful if you like to go against the public and bet dogs alot

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Book for recreational players.

Great value for underdog's / favorite's always terribly juiced.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

It's a square book, but really fast payouts and the poker site is filled with recreational players.

Skeletor42
    Update your status

I agree with all of this however the people that operate this site should have honored that line if it's listed. Sure Georgia Tech +3 was a gift and that is why I jumped on it but if you are going to operate your site you should keep your shit tight. Bovada is only good if you are betting dogs. If you find a line on there that is too good to be true don't bother.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Disagree..Bovada is the softest poker site for US players right now..If you play ZONE poker with a strategy especially 100NL its + sessions more often than -. Otherwise their live betting is legit. I agree however that their pricing is WAY worse pre-game than almost everywhere else but ..... string together a few wins and their withdrawl is super fast especially back to ****

I agree with the OP about honouring lines but this isn't just the case with Bovada, almost all books will cancel the wager.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor42 View Post
    I agree with all of this however the people that operate this site should have honored that line if it's listed. Sure Georgia Tech +3 was a gift and that is why I jumped on it but if you are going to operate your site you should keep your shit tight. Bovada is only good if you are betting dogs. If you find a line on there that is too good to be true don't bother.
    I understand what you are saying, but in this business there are no gifts!.....Best of luck!

Skeletor42
    Update your status

Looks like I owe Bovada an apology!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

They'll probably try and post the wager back +3. "Our error, the bet was good. You lose!"

Skeletor42
    Update your status

Would not surprise me Slew!

donkbetter
    donkbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1746

once I went into a Limit poker table and one of the players had bought in with over a million dollars- on 5-10 table - i couldnt believe so i counted the zeros it was there must be one of the owners or something - I have never seen anything like that