daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Is Tennessee ready to take the next step?

Their defense looked rough vs Bowling Green. I say not yet.

Oklahoma ML

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This game is really going to pump up the winner, and send the loser to 8-4 or worse land. Tennessee has a ton of returning players on both sides or the ball. Oklahoma may have the more talented players overall. This game may be decided by coaching and if so, OU is in deep caca. Who knows what the Stoops Brothers will come up with next.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I like OU as well in this one. Tennessee outplayed its stats last year. Sometimes that's the result of good coaching (it happens all the time at K St), but I don't think Tennessee is as far along as others do.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Tennessee has a shot. I personally am rooting for fire to spray from sky on all those from volunteer nation but thats my personal preference

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Daniella, do not ever ever expect stoops to show up. Only be surprised when they do. Year on year out he does the least with the most talent

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I was at the game in Nashville. First off, UT fans are hilarious. They find the negative in everything. They're the type of people who would win the lottery and spend all day complaining about the taxes.

They have a ways to go. It wasn't the D that was the concern for me, BGSU's offense is leeee-git. Can they trust Josh Dobbs to be a guy who can get you 1st downs with his arm is the challenge. Their backfield is sick, but that can't win the SEC on that alone. Kamara isn't going to turn and burn on every stretch play he runs against SEC foes like he did against BGSU.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

UT wins Su

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Vols guy here and I threw two units on Okla. I just don't see us beating that quality of an opponent just yet. We need one more year.

And, trust me, if you were a UT fan, you would find it very difficult to be positive after this last decade too.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Oklahoma a big choke team with a horrible in game coach

Be careful here

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post
    Vols guy here and I threw two units on Okla. I just don't see us beating that quality of an opponent just yet. We need one more year.

And, trust me, if you were a UT fan, you would find it very difficult to be positive after this last decade too.
    have you guys thought about bringing coach Fulmer back.... I cant remember if they ran him out or not but knowing the SEC probably.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

No, it was never an option to bring him back. He has had a presence at the administration level, but nothing overly official.

We ran him off. The Fulmer Curse seems to be fizzling out....I hope!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

JJ hit it on the head. OU and Stoops have a history of losing games they should win. They should be able to grind this game out agaionst Tennessee, but who knows what may happen in the mind of Stoops and company. Pass.