BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

2015 CFB thread (with a little NFL)

All plays -110 unless noted otherwise. I use apostrophe - ' - to denote the hook/half point. Helps the carpal tunnel.

Most plays will be at 5Dimes or BetUS. Feel free to add your thoughts, positive or negative.

BiffTFinancial

CFB Week One - Friday (9.4.2015)
    1* Michigan State/Western Michigan under 58'
    1* Kent State/Illinois under 52

CFB Week One - Saturday (9.5.2015)
    1* Louisville +10'
    1* Texas/Notre Dame under 53'
    1* Akron/Oklahoma over 56
    1* BYU/Nebraska under 54'

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I like a lot of these. Oklahoma over is my favorite...

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    1* Michigan State/Western Michigan under 58'

CFB Week One - Saturday (9.5.2015)
    1* Louisville +10'
    1* Texas/Notre Dame under 53'
    1* Akron/Oklahoma over 56
    1* BYU/Nebraska under 54'
    Hope all is well. Good luck this year!

SilverTongueFox

Did you get to Ga Souther/W Virginia game yet?

WVU replaces qb, inexperience along to OL and lost White & Alford at WR. 2nd yr under new DC so there should be some improvement on that side the ball but big boy defensive team. Plus they got plenty of time to prepare for triple option.

Ga Southern lead nation in rushing last year. They return both qbs, top rb. Do have some questions along the OL though.

Ga Southern won Sun Belt last year however were ineligible for a bowl. Bowl ban no longer ineffect should be a motivational factor to open the season.

Morgantown tough place to play but I think Ga Southern plays ball control, and if they can avoid costly turnovers, should be in good position come the 4th quarter and maybe pull off upset.

I think WVU is laying way too many points. Secretly open the line moves back to +20 (3 reds would be even better). Any thoughts on this one?
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 09-01-15 at 09:04 AM.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Sneaky good pick here.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    I like a lot of these. Oklahoma over is my favorite...
    Thank you. I like Akron's defense this season, but not this week. Sooners have some question marks with Vols on tap, and I think that Stoops goes for the confidence-building 50-something W. Zips defense will serve them well in the MAC, but they have decent tools for the offense that Bowden wants to run. Also, with Vols on tap, i'd expect Stoops to rest guys in the 2H and not worry too much if Zips get some points late when Sooners are up four scores.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Sneaky good pick here.
    Thank you. Kent State's offense is baaaaad and i see Illini playing it somewhat conservatively after coaching change. BOL this weekend.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post

WVU replaces qb, inexperience along to OL and lost White & Alford at WR. 2nd yr under new DC so there should be some improvement on that side the ball but big boy defensive team. Plus they got plenty of time to prepare for triple option.

Ga Southern lead nation in rushing last year. They return both qbs, top rb. Do have some questions along the OL though.

Ga Southern won Sun Belt last year however were ineligible for a bowl. Bowl ban no longer ineffect should be a motivational factor to open the season.

Morgantown tough place to play but I think Ga Southern plays ball control, and if they can avoid costly turnovers, should be in good position come the 4th quarter and maybe pull off upset.

I think WVU is laying way too many points. Secretly open the line moves back to +20 (3 reds would be even better). Any thoughts on this one?
    I have not capped that game yet, but i could work on it sometime tomorrow during the day and post up with thoughts. Great to see you, STF - hope that all is well with you and the family!

SilverTongueFox

Did you get a chance yet to look at this game? I got Ga Southern in at +20 (-120).

I also like the over in the OU game. However it's up a couple points now. May look closer at the over on the OUbteam total.

I have a slight lean to Temple bc they have so much experience returning. However not sure it's smart to have my money opposite Franklin and a senior qb.

I'm also looking at a few dogs - NW, ASU & Texas.

I think Miss St waxes So Miss. And lean AU as well. This is Petrino's 11th year as an NCAA football coach and he's never lost to start the season (11-0). However I'm really high on AU's qb and with the hire of Muschamp and getting Carl Lawson back fully healthy + a good recruiting class I think AU improves big time on defense. Return 3 starter along the OL + Duke Williams. Plenty of fire power still on offense even with loss of Marshall, Artis-Payne & Coates. Although some high expectations down in Auburn, AL however I don't think the pressure will show. A lot of guys still around from that 2013 title game team.
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 09-05-15 at 04:08 AM.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Where you at Biff?

GOOD LUCK ON SEASON

BiffTFinancial

Did you get a chance yet to look at this game? I got Ga Southern in at +20 (-120).

I also like the over in the OU game. However it's up a couple points now. May look closer at the over on the OUbteam total.

I have a slight lean to Temple bc they have so much experience returning. However not sure it's smart to have my money opposite Franklin and a senior qb.

I'm also looking at a few dogs - NW, ASU & Texas.

I think Miss St waxes So Miss. And lean AU as well. This is Petrino's 11th year as an NCAA football coach and he's never lost to start the season (11-0). However I'm really high on AU's qb and with the hire of Muschamp and getting Carl Lawson back fully healthy + a good recruiting class I think AU improves big time on defense. Return 3 starter along the OL + Duke Williams. Plenty of fire power still on offense even with loss of Marshall, Artis-Payne & Coates. Although some high expectations down in Auburn, AL however I don't think the pressure will show. A lot of guys still around from that 2013 title game team.
    Hey, STF. Sorry i didn't get back to you on Ga Southern/WVU. Been busy, was never able to get back to capping any more games last week. I'll try not to be a flake in the future. Hopefully i'll be able to be around more soon.

BiffTFinancial

CFB Week One final card
    1* Michigan State/Western Michigan under 58' - LOSER
    1* Kent State/Illinois under 52 - LOSER
    1* Louisville +10' - WINNER
    1* Texas/Notre Dame under 53' - WINNER
    1* Akron/Oklahoma over 56 - LOSER
    1* BYU/Nebraska under 64' - WINNER

3-3 -0.3u

obviously, that was a typo on BYU/UNL total - had 64' not 54'. posted in a rush, will do better going forward.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    Where you at Biff?

GOOD LUCK ON SEASON
    Thanks, Smut - great to see you, pal. Been crazy busy, hope to be around more regularly. BOL to you too!

BiffTFinancial

CFB Week Two
    1* Michigan TT under 30'
    1* UConn -7
    1* Oklahoma/Tennessee over 63
    1* Rice/Texas over 48'
    1* LSU/Mississippi State over 50

BiffTFinancial

adding

1* Appalachian State/Clemson over 58'
    1* Kansas/Memphis over 62

CFB Week Two updated card
    1* Michigan TT under 30'
    1* UConn -7
    1* Appalachian State/Clemson over 58'
    1* Oklahoma/Tennessee over 63
    1* Kansas/Memphis over 62
    1* Rice/Texas over 48'
    1* LSU/Mississippi State over 50

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

what up everyone? glad to see my favorite peeps around this joint here for another season. just getting back into the swing of things.

number getting out of control but this like a season long type question as well as 2marro. any reason not to lay the big number with tOSU? they outta destroy these scrub teams and the 2nd stringers aint coming in to run out the clock, they coming in to keep the foot on the gas and stay sharp id assume. hard to not envision them just roasting the teams they should.

really interested in ville, the under in mizzou gm, iowa, and the terps over courtesy of ctg's resident terps guy. being how i been flat out away from sports for better part of last 3 weeks love to hear thoughts on those and any others..

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Hey banker glad to see your back......very intresting you like mizzou under and iowa....both of those really stood out to me as a strong lean but didnt look into too deep yet or make an official pick ....gonna start digging now and working on a writeup.....

Rick22
    Rick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Good to see all you guys and your observations. Good Luck this season.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    Hey banker glad to see your back......very intresting you like mizzou under and iowa....both of those really stood out to me as a strong lean but didnt look into too deep yet or make an official pick ....gonna start digging now and working on a writeup.....
    i think those are def the right plays in those 2 games. iowa just too big and physical and outta wear the clones down...

looks like mizzou gonna be w/o the starting rb and all sec center that both left the game last week and they really struggled to get much of any rushing attack going after those guys went down. ill assume it be better this week with time to prepare but honestly i just dont think our offense is very good, i think they win this gm but it not gonna be easy and it gonna be won on the backs of the defense imo. mizzou more than capable of holding arky st to 20 or less and long as ark doesnt give away points when they have the ball i think it really unlikely tigers break the low to mid 30 mark. i made it a td less than the 58's out there at the moment.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    what up everyone? glad to see my favorite peeps around this joint here for another season. just getting back into the swing of things.

number getting out of control but this like a season long type question as well as 2marro. any reason not to lay the big number with tOSU? they outta destroy these scrub teams and the 2nd stringers aint coming in to run out the clock, they coming in to keep the foot on the gas and stay sharp id assume. hard to not envision them just roasting the teams they should.

really interested in ville, the under in mizzou gm, iowa, and the terps over courtesy of ctg's resident terps guy. being how i been flat out away from sports for better part of last 3 weeks love to hear thoughts on those and any others..
    Hey, Bank, great to see you, brotha! Agree on Louisville and OSU. OSU TT over 54 should be good too. Didn't cap Mizzou/Ark St, but you know your teams so may tail you there. I lean Iowa State, but like the under better than either side there and passing either way - rivalry games are so unpredictable. No argument on BG/Terps over or Terps TT over 39', they were both on my leans list. Also was eying Cincy TT under 30'

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Rick22 View Post
    Good to see all you guys and your observations. Good Luck this season.
    Morning, Rick! Paul Chryst is back in Madison and I will be back on Wisky TT overs this fall (just not this week). BOL this weekend, my friend.

Tacklin Fuel
    Tacklin Fuel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Love O27.5 1h Buckeyes today. Wouldnt be at all surprised if it goes over by end of 1Q.."O-H"""!!

2daBank

if you have a minute biff could you tell me where you ended up for total on the ville gm and the beaver/mich gm.

SilverTongueFox

Biff, did you give any thought to the ND/UVA total? Did you run the numbers? I'm sitting here looking at the total sitting at 48 and I'm thinking "should I. should I hit this under." Then all of a sudden it drops to 46.5. Feel I may be kicking myself for not booking the u48. A lot of games today but hate when I hesitate on one that I like, then miss the best number and watch it hit easily. Ugh!!!!!!!

BiffTFinancial

if you have a minute biff could you tell me where you ended up for total on the ville gm and the beaver/mich gm.
    have Louisville at something like 35-21/40-23, UM 23-10/27-14

BiffTFinancial

Biff, did you give any thought to the ND/UVA total? Did you run the numbers? I'm sitting here looking at the total sitting at 48 and I'm thinking "should I. should I hit this under." Then all of a sudden it drops to 46.5. Feel I may be kicking myself for not booking the u48. A lot of games today but hate when I hesitate on one that I like, then miss the best number and watch it hit easily. Ugh!!!!!!!
    Think that the under is the proper angle there, but worry that Irish could hang 40+ themselves. Maybe look at 1H under 24? Hoos should be super-conservative and try to take the air out of the ball early in hopes of keeping Irish offense off the field.

College football is the only sport where i don't prefer unders, at least not full-game.

2daBank

Think that the under is the proper angle there, but worry that Irish could hang 40+ themselves. Maybe look at 1H under 24? Hoos should be super-conservative and try to take the air out of the ball early in hopes of keeping Irish offense off the field.

College football is the only sport where i don't prefer unders, at least not full-game.
    i def do far more 1st half unders than full game with college. feel it works out better and often times if i get beat on the 1st half i get a really good number for gm throwing more down on 2nd half under if i still feel it was the right side..

went with 1st half under in mich gm, i did play the full gm under 58 with mizzou, just feel like one way or the other we gonna get chunks of time where neither team scoring much if any. i have no clue if that comes early or they both start quick and then it slows down as the gm progresses? either possible but in the end i dont think they really threaten this number unless ark st allows mizzou to score when on defense.

BiffTFinancial

CFB Week Two final card
    1* Michigan TT under 30' - LOSER
    1* UConn -7 - LOSER
    1* Appalachian State/Clemson over 58' - LOSER
    1* Oklahoma/Tennessee over 63 - LOSER
    1* Kansas/Memphis over 62 - LOSER
    1* Rice/Texas over 48' - LOSER
    1* LSU/Mississippi State over 50 - LOSER

2-5 -3.5u

5-8 -3.8u season to date

2daBank

looks to me like fading mizzou the play in the mizzou gm this week, dont get me wrong i know jack shit bout ucon but mizzou shouldnt be laying this many to any team with a pulse. i really like their defense but the offense isnt all that good and will also make mistakes that give points away. if ucon can muster 10 here i think they cover.

SilverTongueFox

Biff, if you get a chance let me know what you are coming up with in the Colorado/Colorado St and Memphis/Bowling Green games. Thanks brother
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 09-17-15 at 05:49 PM.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

looks to me like fading mizzou the play in the mizzou gm this week, dont get me wrong i know jack shit bout ucon but mizzou shouldnt be laying this many to any team with a pulse. i really like their defense but the offense isnt all that good and will also make mistakes that give points away. if ucon can muster 10 here i think they cover.
    I think we're talking about a 24-10 type game.

BiffTFinancial

CFB Week Three
    1* Michigan TT under 41
    1* Rice/N Texas over 57
    1* Nebraska/Miami over 58
    1* Wisconsin TT over 46 (-120)
    1* Georgia Tech -2'
    1* W Kentucky/Indiana over 71'
    1* William & Mary +25'

BiffTFinancial

Unfortunately, I watched a lot of UConn/Army last week. That team is really hard to judge. I can't talk you off of the Mizzou fade here, but UConn didn't inspire much confidence. Then again, perhaps they were looking ahead to the much bigger game with Mizzou.

BiffTFinancial

Biff, if you get a chance let me know what you are coming up with in the Colorado/Colorado St and Memphis/Bowling Green games. Thanks brother
    I didn't cap UC/CSU yet (will try to take a look early tomorrow), but I think that Memphis/BGSU could challenge 100. The over there were was a strong lean and would've made it onto my card if i were playing 9-10 games.

1234 ... Last