ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post

Wait for the public to push the line to +7.5 and play Temple.
    Temple ....

Pounding Penn State as long as they're giving single digits.

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Temple was 4th in the nation LY only giving up 17.5 pts a game. Their pass defense was 6th in fewest yds given up. They return all 11 starters on "D". They will be at home against P.S. Just take the +7 pts. and be happy you have an easy winner.....I see the line going down to 6 or 6.5, not up. Bet early if you can.

footballkelly31
    footballkelly31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14626

I agree with everything just stated. However you have to look at the level of talent that they faced last year. This highly ranked D that you are talking about gave up 30 points to this same PSU team last year. PSU returns all their key position players plus they get a boost by getting some scholarship man childs on their o-line. PSU got the extra weeks of practice and an additional game thanks to getting a bowl invite. Home field advantage is at 0 as PSU will fill the stands better then Temple. I do not disagree that Temple will make some noise in the AAC. They should not be able to contend with the big boys though. If I could get the Lions at under a TD, I would take them or nothing.

sshz

I also agree.....that's why I said take the points instead of straight up. They're home, 1st game of the season, they'll cover.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Penn State I have as top 3 most underrated team in nation this year. Love where this program is going, and this year will be for Hackenburgh. They'll crack the top 15 I believe

sshz

Well, you may be the only one. They're improving, but I can think of loads of teams that are way better (at least 20). Maybe top 25, no chance for top 15.

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

Temple D seemed to give up in the 2nd half of games last year.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Penn State offense still a work in progress. It should be better than last year but it's still nothing special.

There's no real home field advantage here. Plenty of Penn Staters will be in attendance.

Temple's arrow is pointing up but their ceiling is only so high. A respectable squad this year.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    Temple .......
    In that war zone section of the city
    Temple on the ML over Child abusers U
    Temple plays is home games at the Linc, where the Eagles play.
    Its in a sports complex with the Stadiums which the Phillies, Flyers and Sixers play at

So unless your going to drive several miles to the Temple Campus your not anywhere near a "war zone"

Ever been to the "U" or USC?

sshz

Golden Nugget currently has Ohio St. favored by -18 over Penn St. P.S. simply is not as good as some of you think.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Don't see TEMPLE wining this game !! I kinda like PEN ST on ML ONLY !!

loodachris99
    loodachris99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4421

Quote Originally Posted by sshz View Post
    Golden Nugget currently has Ohio St. favored by -18 over Penn St. P.S. simply is not as good as some of you think.
    Ur basing this off a line for a game that's 2 months away between 2 teams who haven't played a single snap yet???? OKAYYYY

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

Quote Originally Posted by hot jerry View Post
    don't see temple wining this game !! I kinda like pen st on ml only !!
    penn st to the moon, jerry!!!...easy money!!...all the way to the moon!

angelodebo
    angelodebo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2429

This a dangerous game for Penn St. Everyone seems to think this is the year the Lions return to a top tier football program. They have Hackenburg, who looks the part of professional QB (although I watched him a ton last year and he was not very good). Bad o-line..learning a new offense...I understand that. But some of his throws were flat out terrible. Over throws, under throws, throwing into triple coverage, taking bad sacks..the entire gamut of bad QB play.

This Temple defense gave Penn St fits last year. I had Penn St and they won that game by pure luck. A couple calls went their way and a couple bounces helped them win that game. I know James Franklin won 9 games at Vandy and I know he is a good recruiter. But watching this Penn St team last year, I got the impression he was a terrible Xs and Os type of coach. The offense was vanilla and it just seemed like he was getting out coached. Maybe I'm wrong...maybe it was just a tough year with a bad o-line ..but they went 7-6 and lost to couple teams that were far less talented. Why is that? I say bad coaching.

With all that said...I like Temple and the under. I usually take moneyline with a spread 7pts or under, but in this case, I think the final score is going to be 14-10 or 14-9. I just do not see Penn St beating Temple by more than a touchdown

Da Manster!

^^...that is a very hot and sexy woman in your avatar!.......who is she?....anyhow, I respectfully disagree with your post...I saw that game last year as well and Penn ST was inexperienced, had major O-line issues, and yes they did get a couple of breaks but still managed to pull away comfortably from Temple and beat them easily 30 - 13...I wouldn't call that pure luck...Coach franklin was also playing a very conservative game plan because he didn't want Hackenberg to get killed by exposing him to their horrendous line play....they also took the defending champs Ohio ST to double overtime and lost because of shitty officiating.......Temple also played in the horrific, dog shit AAC against sub-par teams and basically the dregs of division I-A...also can you really trust PJ Walker as your QB?!...he's very inconsistent to say the least and like most athletic QBs he has no pocket presence and can't read defenses....he will not and can not beat you with his arm...Penn St will stack the line and force him to throw...like I said in a previous post, this game has 34 - 14 written all over it...easily one of my best bets of the day...

larojoes
    larojoes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1332

Locked into Temple +7. Penn State's O-line should be improved this year, but I think it will be the D-lines that will have the upper hand in this game. Tough to imagine Penn State's offense exploding right out of the gate. Temple is not in the same class as Penn State by any stretch, but they are no longer the cakewalk they used to represent on Penn State's schedule in years gone by. Temple's D too salty for a more mature Penn State offense that has proven nothing yet. Owls will be sky-high for this game. I expect them to give Penn State all they care to handle.

sandos139
    The Miami Connection
    sandos139's Avatar Become A Pro!

Penn State

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

-6.5 on a favorite is a sucker bet on football. Have tracked this for quite some time now and underdog always prevail. Just gonna have to wait about 3 hours before game starts and I will be looking for that pinny lean and this will be a contrarian play.
    Last edited by AribaAriba; 09-02-15 at 10:47 PM.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

I just dont think James Franklin is a Big Ten Type Coach. That is my biggest concern with this Penn State team.

Big Ten is stacked with Coaching talent and player talent right now..

This is a garbage game.

If I had a gun to my head the only play for me would be Temple +7.5 -125

Bswitz32
    Update your status
    Bswitz32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

i took Temple +7

Da Manster!

well, I've already posted several times on this thread about this matchup so need to rehash it...bottom line, penn st rolls easily in this game and it's not even close...to those who bet on Temple and take the points, please tread lightly or you'll be bankrupt after the first weekend...

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    My sheets have Temple winning if you give them full home-field advantage. But considering Temple plays in an NFL stadium, and Penn State fans will outnumber Temple fans and will have the crowd, I am not sure they will have full home-field advantage. Call it a neutral site, and Penn State is a small winner.
    Sold out home field for Temple. Down 10-0, Owls get their first 1st down of the game as the first quarter runs out.

Good luck Temple backers - don't say you weren't warned.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Penn St

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Bill Cosby is so happy right now that he just called his dealer for roofies....big night for him

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

LOL at this thread....

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Sold out home field for Temple. Down 10-0, Owls get their first 1st down of the game as the first quarter runs out.

Good luck Temple backers - don't say you weren't warned.
    LMAO

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Bill Cosby is so happy right now that he just called his dealer for roofies....big night for him

sshz

Temple was 4th in the nation LY only giving up 17.5 pts a game. Their pass defense was 6th in fewest yds given up. They return all 11 starters on "D". They will be at home against P.S. Just take the +7 pts. and be happy you have an easy winner.....I see the line going down to 6 or 6.5, not up. Bet early if you can.

Looking back, I told you all so.....

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Looking back, I told you all so.....
    shizzer don't chest stomp on us son

peacokking will make your poster ranking drop like a rock

sshz

Manny.....no picks for you. LOL

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I met a guy who seemed to know what he is talking about at the bar tonight.

He said take Temple ML against Penn State in the opener.

Doesnt Penn State have a stud QB?

this advice was surprisingly to me as i have never known Temple to be good at football.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I ran Big Bear's bitch ass right off the damn forum.

Motherfukker should've heeded his last warning. I don't play.

Stay gone, bitch. I ain't asking.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

sshz

Well......let's at least give credit to the guy in the bar that 1st made the prediction- Temple wins straight up. More extra credit points too for taking the ML, and not the 6.5 points!

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Slow day today

First 12