BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Pete Carroll to Seattle?

It all makes sense. Seattle fires their GM, and then their HC BEFORE hiring a new GM. Carroll has made it known that if he were to go back to the NFL, he would want control over the personnel, and would prefer the West Coast. The Seattle job fits perfectly for him. ESPN says that if he goes, he takes his OC and former Denver OC Jeremy Bates with him. As a USC grad, I can not use the words I want to express my feelings because they are banned in here.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I think Carroll would have similar success (failure) that he had in his first stint in the NFL...

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Cash View Post
    I think Carroll would have similar success (failure) that he had in his first stint in the NFL...
    Yeah anyone who doesn't win a Super Bowl is a complete failure. He may have gone to a Super Bowl,
    but everyone knows that if you don't win a championship then you're a complete loser who will never succeed at coaching, or anything for that matter. Nevermind that the Patriots were a pathetic franchise and the talent Pete had was terrible, Pete's just a loser, no super bowl rings, duh

Oh and by the way, Dan Marino sucks. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are way better. They have rings, duh. . Just like how Charles Barkley could never be as good as Kendrick Perkins because he doesn't have a ring. Karl Malone's also got nothing on Horace Grant too.

Anyone without a ring is a loser.
    Anyone with a ring is a winner.

Straight Cash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride>UFC View Post
    Yeah anyone who doesn't win a Super Bowl is a complete failure. He may have gone to a Super Bowl, but everyone knows that if you don't win a championship then you're a complete loser who will never succeed at coaching, or anything for that matter. Nevermind that the Patriots were a pathetic franchise and the talent Pete had was terrible, Pete's just a loser, no super bowl rings, duh Oh and by the way, Dan Marino sucks. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are way better. They have rings, duh. . Just like how Charles Barkley could never be as good as Kendrick Perkins because he doesn't have a ring. Karl Malone's also got nothing on Horace Grant too. Anyone without a ring is a loser. Anyone with a ring is a winner.
    Dan Marino would trade all his stats for a ring. Bank on that. Also, Carroll never was the head coach for a Super Bowl team and the "pathetic franchise" he took over just came off a Super Bowl appearance under Parcells. Once again, you talk out of your ass and make an idiot of yourself.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Don't listen to Pride. He is the dumberst f**kup in here. He is a liar who is just begging to get his arse kicked out of here. He is babbling moron. If you want him out of here, let someone know. Many have already.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chris Mortenson just reported Carroll to Seattle is about as close to getting done as you can get.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

When will these execs figure out that most of these coaches are overhyped. Pete Carroll wasnt anybody until he found out how to attract the best talent to USC, and they started dominating. Now USC doenst have the best talent at every position, and they struggled.

MOst of these coaches in college are figureheads anyway. Paterno(current state), Bowden, Mack Brown, Carroll, Bob Stoops,

These guys assistants do everything, and the HC is just the closer when it comes to recruiting.

Its a joke, and I really could care less about Seattle, but they will continue to suck. You dont go coach college for a few years and learn how to coach. They will continue to deteriorate as a franchise.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moving closer to Sark I'm going to call C Weiss up and see if he has any info on this.

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow first I heard of this, interesting move really shakes things up

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    When will these execs figure out that most of these coaches are overhyped. Pete Carroll wasnt anybody until he found out how to attract the best talent to USC, and they started dominating. Now USC doenst have the best talent at every position, and they struggled.

MOst of these coaches in college are figureheads anyway. Paterno(current state), Bowden, Mack Brown, Carroll, Bob Stoops,

These guys assistants do everything, and the HC is just the closer when it comes to recruiting.

Its a joke, and I really could care less about Seattle, but they will continue to suck. You dont go coach college for a few years and learn how to coach. They will continue to deteriorate as a franchise.
    Not quite. Pete Carroll runs the USC defense. I can guaraantee you that Mack Brown and Bob Stoops are not figureheads. You really do not know much about the game if that is what you believe. Are you going to tell me that Saban and Miles do not run the show at their respective schools. Sorry Hou, but you really missed the boat on that one.

As far as the pros go, I really am not into that situation as much as I am into the college thing, but the HC and GM are EVERYTHING in the Pros. They have to know who to draft, who to dump, how to play the money game, etc... It is much more complex in the pros because you are dealing with a salary cap, a union, and players who dog it all the time, once they get their fat contracts. How do you motivate millionaires? Some just can not be motivated. Others throw in the towel after week 8 or 10. It is a very tough situation in the pros.

Straight Cash

I think the only true "figurehead" left in college football is Joe Paterno.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Yes, and JoePa still may do more than a lot of people think, though I am sure he has little to do with the day to day operation of the team. He may determine what that day to day operation is. He is kind of like a General. He determines what he wants done, and leaves it to his assistants to get it done. Bobby Bowden did not even do that much. Bobby Bowden did not know a triple option formation from a wildcat formation.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Not quite. Pete Carroll runs the USC defense. I can guaraantee you that Mack Brown and Bob Stoops are not figureheads. You really do not know much about the game if that is what you believe. Are you going to tell me that Saban and Miles do not run the show at their respective schools. Sorry Hou, but you really missed the boat on that one. As far as the pros go, I really am not into that situation as much as I am into the college thing, but the HC and GM are EVERYTHING in the Pros. They have to know who to draft, who to dump, how to play the money game, etc... It is much more complex in the pros because you are dealing with a salary cap, a union, and players who dog it all the time, once they get their fat contracts. How do you motivate millionaires? Some just can not be motivated. Others throw in the towel after week 8 or 10. It is a very tough situation in the pros.
    Didnt mention these guys at all.

Mack Brown has top assistants on both sides of the ball, and plus has a coach in waiting. Try to tell me he isnt a figurehead.

Bob Stoops never ran the Defense, that was his brother job. Plus they run Mike Leaches sytem on offense. Figurehead.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Right. And you think Pete Carroll was a figurehead, right? Name me one major college that does NOT have a OC and DC? You can't because the school does not exist. Most have both. If you think that just because a school employs both an OC and a DC, their head coach is a figurehead, you are sadly mistaken. Is Urban Meyer a figurehead. After all, Steve Addazio runs that offense. Wha about Tressell? Does he run the offense and defense? What about Rich Rod at Michigan? Are you going to tell me he does not run that offense, even though he has an OC? I could go on and on and on. You have to stop listening to ESPN and start doing some research, my friend.

Now, back on topic, who takes over at USC. Three names have popped up out here. Mike Riley, the obvious choice. Steve Sarkasian, who would have had the job had he stayed just one more year. Chris Petersen's name has also popped up, but with the total failure of Dan Hawkins at Colorado, that is a bit iffy.

killough34
    killough34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4105

carroll is a good coach i hope he does well

lb49ers
    lb49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16810

I really like Carroll as a college coach, not sure he will do well enough in the pros. His enthusiastic approach works well with college kids but may not go over as well with pro veterans. He has done very well at USC and hopefully he can help Seattle turn things around.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

I don't get what's going to be any different about Carroll this time in the NFL. The players don't respect him. He's only had success at USC because they kept reload-ing.

Sidetracked
    Sidetracked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

lol usc is screwed

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetracked View Post
    lol usc is screwed
    I suggest you update your spreadsheet and stick to what you know. Obviously college football is not that.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

I think Carroll is making a major mistake. It is very rare in the modern era for a college and a coach to be a perfect fit for each other. Pete Carroll has that right now. He IS USC football. I just don't see how things will be different for him this time in the NFL.

I hope this doesn't destroy his career/legacy. Saban got lucky and was able to get back into a great situation. Spurrier wasn't that lucky, and his reputation has been tarnished.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I think this move is bad for everyone.

I can't see Carroll having success in the NFL... he is unproven in the NFL and does nothing special to stand out. That is also the same reason why I think the Seahawks have the wrong guy.

Also USC as a program would have been nothing without Carroll.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The more I read about Carroll moving, I am thinking he's getting out before the ceiling caves in on USC with the ongoing investigations. Won't be surprised to see them go on probation after he leaves.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    The more I read about Carroll moving, I am thinking he's getting out before the ceiling caves in on USC with the ongoing investigations. Won't be surprised to see them go on probation after he leaves.
    Bingo!!!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    That is quite possible, but the big question is why has it taken so long for the NCAA to dealwith the Bush case. The McKnight case is relatively minor. Driving a vehicle that he was not suppose to drive. It is hard to say.

You have to wonder who they will get to replace Carroll. Peterson's name is being tossed around, but I would prefer if they passed on him. The memory of Dan Hawkins is just too fresh. Gary Patterson, or Steve Sarkisian would be a very good choice. The new coach will have to assemble a new staff, because OC Jeremy Bates and LB coach Ken Norton Jr. are going with Carroll to Seattle. The one thing that a new HC has is a cabinet that is not bare.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

the hammer is getting ready to be dropped on USC.
    NCAA has turned down USC's request to self impose punishment on the program

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The...xit_to_seattle

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The whole thing just points out how crooked the NCAA really is. Wait until Carroll is gone before imposing punishment. It would not suprise me if the NCAA determined the seriousness of the punishment based on their new HC. If they hire a big name, the punishment will be easier. A no name gets a stiffer sentence.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

IMO, its the other way around.
    Once Carrol found out about the NCAA coming down on the program , he decided to bolt

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Pete Carrol is a snake

Thank you Carrol, now I have a lifetime of ammunition to shred all my USC front-runner friends

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Peterson just signed a big extension so he is not going anywhere. I figured you woulda known that since you act like you know everything else.

That is quite possible, but the big question is why has it taken so long for the NCAA to dealwith the Bush case. The McKnight case is relatively minor. Driving a vehicle that he was not suppose to drive. It is hard to say.

You have to wonder who they will get to replace Carroll. Peterson's name is being tossed around, but I would prefer if they passed on him. The memory of Dan Hawkins is just too fresh. Gary Patterson, or Steve Sarkisian would be a very good choice. The new coach will have to assemble a new staff, because OC Jeremy Bates and LB coach Ken Norton Jr. are going with Carroll to Seattle. The one thing that a new HC has is a cabinet that is not bare.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

They keep throwing Jeff Fisher and Jack Del Rio's names out there. And the only reasons I can think is because both are USC alums. Can't imagine Fisher leaving, although I think he'd be a better fit than Del Rio. Del Rio will be looking for work and probably should beg for the job. Mike Riley from O-State was the other guy mentioned, but he signed a big extension too. SC oughta pay the NCAA whatever they need to in order to keep the investigation findings under wraps till they get a new coach. Who wants to start somewhere with sanctions?

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

The whole thing just points out how crooked the NCAA really is. Wait until Carroll is gone before imposing punishment. It would not suprise me if the NCAA determined the seriousness of the punishment based on their new HC. If they hire a big name, the punishment will be easier. A no name gets a stiffer sentence.
    The ship is going down with no captain....Pete is a bumb for leaving....If there were no investigation then he would not be leaving......I love the seahawks but hope he struggles in the NFL and fails....He should have to go down with the ship......he may have not known everything that was going on at USC but he knew of some of it......He is a POS

TT77
    TT77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    The ship is going down with no captain....Pete is a bumb for leaving....If there were no investigation then he would not be leaving......I love the seahawks but hope he struggles in the NFL and fails....He should have to go down with the ship......he may have not known everything that was going on at USC but he knew of some of it......He is a POS
    ...yea... I mean because if you were given more money at a new job, you would DEFINITELY stay at your old job and take the wraith or face whatever mess thats about to incur... /end sarcasm

Give me a break, these high flying moral lessons are laughable. Especially when we all know, most would do the same IN AN INSTANT if given the same situations.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by TT77 View Post
    ...yea... I mean because if you were given more money at a new job, you would DEFINITELY stay at your old job and take the wraith or face whatever mess thats about to incur... /end sarcasm

Give me a break, these high flying moral lessons are laughable. Especially when we all know, most would do the same IN AN INSTANT if given the same situations.
    They contribute to the downfall of a program and when the shit hits the fan they get a free ticket, while the kids they gave their word to are left behind to fend for themselves.....when the NCAA hammers USC and they lose money because the effects will have them in lesser bowls or at a point of not making one at all. so some of the liability should be on the coach that leaves shoulders.......