lenahanj
    lenahanj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonna be a helluva good game

snapstick
    +100 units or bust
    snapstick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by snapstick View Post
    Citi BCS National Championship

Texas Longhorns (13-0) vs. Alabama Crimson Tide (13-0)

FINALLY, after 33 bowl games we have reached the most awaited game this bowl season, The National Championship Game. Alabama, the SEC power this year enters this game off a drubbing of the vaunted Florida Gators 32-13 in the SEC Championship game. Texas, on the other hand needed the replay booth to put 1 second back on the clock for a game winning field goal to barely slip past the Nebraska Cornhuskers, who cant spell offense, 13-12.

On paper this game appears to be a total mismatch and some might say this game will be won by Alabama in a total romp. The Crimson Tide pushed aside Va Tech, Ole' Miss, LSU and Florida this season while Texas Squeaked out victories versus Oklahoma (Without Bradford and Gresham), Oklahoma State and a Nebraska team who couldnt score 14 points if you gave them 15.

"NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND". The Longhorns have 1 player, the signal caller, who might have something to say about this game before its all said and done. This just might be the game in which Mr. McCoy goes from "Great" quarterback to "Legend". He will be the key to the game for Texas. If Colt can keep plays alive and get the ball out of his hands and avoid negative plays then Texas has a great chance of keeping this game within arms reach. If he can't and Alabama can run the ball early setting up the play action pass it could be a very long night for the Longhorns.

Alot of people might say Texas will have a extremely hard time running the football in this game as Alabama's defense allowed opponents 78YPG rushing this season. What those individuals don't understand is Texas really doesn't care about running the football and i think they would be perfectly happy if they can average 3-4 yards per rush. Texas runs the ball to set up Colt and his ability to either run or to use his great vision and make big plays down the field. So, as far as the Longhorns are concerned if they are going to stay in this game they are going to have to rely greatly on Colt McCoy to deliver some big plays down the field with his legs and his arm.

Alabama also doesn't just rely on the running game to score points as was evident in the SEC Championship game. Against Florida, Alabama didnt run the ball to set up the pass they conversely used the play action pass to set up the run. The Texas Defensive Coordinator brings into this game a Longhorn defense who was stout against the run this year allowing 62 YPG. BUT, remember that was primarily in a "Pass First" Big 12 Conference with teams who ran the ball in a spread type offense. I expect the Tide to run the ball close to their season average which will allow Greg McElroy to make some plays down the field to Julio Jones who is a excellent playmaker and is most likely the best player on the field.

This game has two great teams with two great and experienced coaches walking the sidelines. I believe Colt McCoy will live up to his billing and put up outstanding numbers in this matchup and Alabama will do the same.

So based on this information some might think Alabama would be the correct play. On the other hand their might be others who think that Texas would be the correct play. If you are curious as to which side I think the correct play is the answer is simply "Neither". I don't see any distinct advantage with either Texas or Alabama which would convince me to wager on either side in this matchup, no matter how many times i play out different outcomes in my head.

MY PLAY:

Alabama will use the run and play action pass effectively against Texas as they did in tearing apart the Gator defense just a few weeks ago. I also expect Texas to run the ball just enough to allow Colt McCoy to utilize his outstanding quarterback skills to run and pass down the field against the cornerbacks of Alabama. To make a long story short this will not be a 17-10 defensive battle. I believe this will be an outstanding game with two outstanding teams giving us, the fans, a great show. To me the definition of a "Great Show" is POINTS SCORED!

Texas/Alabama OVER 45

(If you are doing something like this it's because your book has a higher total than 45. We all know we can't get the same line due to the continuous line movements, especially on game day. I wont give any advice on what total to play except what i posted. If you are that concerned that your book has the total higher by a point or so than buy it down if you can. If you can't buy it down than use your best judgement.)

Good Luck and enjoy the game.
    MY SCORE PREDICTION:

Alabama 31-35
    Texas 24-28

Total Points Scored 55-63

HoofHearted
    HoofHearted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33

Snapstick.....you were right I was really looking for you to take a side but your bet is the over. I would not doubt it. Mostly because if it is a tight game then OT is always helpful to that over. Plus if bama gets up on them then texas might be able to score with a softer bama's D or turnovers which will lead to more scoring. Gl

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a $50 freeplay at BP that is going on Texas ML in this game..maybe..

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMage View Post
    I have a $50 freeplay at BP that is going on Texas ML in this game..maybe..
    Play the winning side not the side that has the potential to pay more.
    Just my 2 cents.

TheMizzle
    TheMizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Fish View Post
    BAMA AND OVER

Texas played a much weaker schedule so the rankings in defense & offense are skewed (should not be rated as high)
    Texas is a one dimensional team (passing) Bama can RUN but their passing attack is extremely dangerous
    Bama after getting humilated by the Utes last year will not be out partying and thinking they are a slam dunk to win
    Still see the Gator game (BAMA PUTS UP 32) in my mind now the picture gets more clear when I see the Texas / Nebraska game in Focus ....confirms my 1 st thought "WEAKER CONFERENCE" especially after seeing Nebraska and Okl State Mizzou get waxed...............
    Nebraska got waxed in their bowl game? They killed the second best pac-10 team. Nebraska played VT very close, and they 'waxed' Tennessee in their bowl game so who is really better? I would not be so fast to discredit the big 12, or Nebraska's defense because that is just plain dumb.

I think both conferences have some strong teams and some weak teams, Mizzou and Ok State were not that good but Texas didn't really have a problem with them..

We will see how it ends up soon enough. Im all over Texas though..

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on Texas all the way, lets win, maybe I will parlay them with over

palmer2712
    palmer2712's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GGPLAYER View Post
    His post says he likes Bama and the Under.

I agree. Under and Texas +4. Bama 23 Texas 21

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Quote Originally Posted by palmer2712 View Post
    I agree. Under and Texas +4. Bama 23 Texas 21
    Is that a betpoints offer?

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

No 2/H wager for me in this game i have enough wagered on the total. GL and lets win this one BIG!

SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Anyone who likes the under let me know here and maybe we can have a friendly wager for SBR points..just to make it more fun.

i will, all day but at the current line of 46

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Meet in the middle 45.5 if so how much?

MartyMcFly
    MartyMcFly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Lets Go Texas!!

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
    Lets Go Texas!!
    As long as they score i dont care if they win or lose!

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    i will, all day but at the current line of 46
    How about 100 points and i will take the OVER 45.5?

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

OVER 45 FOR THE BIG MONEY!

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

OVER 45

The only thread in the forum with the OVER!

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Sportslock any response to my offer?

palmer2712

Is that a betpoints offer?

Lets do it. You got Bama -4 and over 45 and I will take Texas +4 and uner 45. Cool? 40 betpoints? If its Texas and over, or Bama and under then we push

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Quote Originally Posted by palmer2712 View Post
    Lets do it. You got Bama -4 and over 45 and I will take Texas +4 and uner 45. Cool? 40 betpoints? If its Texas and over, or Bama and under then we push
    DEAL.

Good Luck Bro!

palmer2712

DEAL.

Good Luck Bro!

U too

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Enjoy the game!

SportsLockPicks

ok I accept, but only if we go 200 points and we use 46, since you are plastering the walls saying this is most definitely going over

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Alright everyone. Good Luck tonight with whatever wager you made. Enjoy the game i believe we will see plenty of action and plenty of points. Im on my way to the sing sing to watch the game. No 2/H play for me already have a dime on the OVER which is enough for me.

SportsLockPicks

there are 57 replies to this thread and about 48 of them are you saying this is going over...i'm going under and with bama, more on bama -170 but i'll take your action

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

ok I accept, but only if we go 200 points and we use 46, since you are plastering the walls saying this is most definitely going over
    The only walls i have plastered is my own thread bro.
    OK i agree. 200 points and i have OVER 46 and you have UNDER 46.

Good Luck SLP

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

there are 57 replies to this thread and about 48 of them are you saying this is going over...i'm going under and with bama, more on bama -170 but i'll take your action
    Actually there are 60 replies and 38 of them are mine but i like to hear myself talk.

SportsLockPicks

hey, don't leave yet, the line keeps moving down, it may hit 44 by kick, you should hang out and get that best line

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

I'll play by your line, thats fine. I wont need the extra point or 2 but thanks.

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

I'm out! GL everyone.

palmer2712

Impressive game. A fumble and INT to end it. Wish it stayed texas covering and push on O/U. Closer then the score says, but congrats snapstick. Points coming your way right now. Good game. I can gladly say that Bama deserves it. Beat Florida and Texas. No need to face anyone else. Til next yr all. Back to NBA and NCABB. Peace

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

It doesnt matter how it played out......the total went OVER....would have been higher if it wasn't for the NFL career of McCoy.

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Citi BCS National Championship

Texas Longhorns (13-0) vs. Alabama Crimson Tide (13-0)

FINALLY, after 33 bowl games we have reached the most awaited game this bowl season, The National Championship Game. Alabama, the SEC power this year enters this game off a drubbing of the vaunted Florida Gators 32-13 in the SEC Championship game. Texas, on the other hand needed the replay booth to put 1 second back on the clock for a game winning field goal to barely slip past the Nebraska Cornhuskers, who cant spell offense, 13-12.

On paper this game appears to be a total mismatch and some might say this game will be won by Alabama in a total romp. The Crimson Tide pushed aside Va Tech, Ole' Miss, LSU and Florida this season while Texas Squeaked out victories versus Oklahoma (Without Bradford and Gresham), Oklahoma State and a Nebraska team who couldnt score 14 points if you gave them 15.

"NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND". The Longhorns have 1 player, the signal caller, who might have something to say about this game before its all said and done. This just might be the game in which Mr. McCoy goes from "Great" quarterback to "Legend". He will be the key to the game for Texas. If Colt can keep plays alive and get the ball out of his hands and avoid negative plays then Texas has a great chance of keeping this game within arms reach. If he can't and Alabama can run the ball early setting up the play action pass it could be a very long night for the Longhorns.

Alot of people might say Texas will have a extremely hard time running the football in this game as Alabama's defense allowed opponents 78YPG rushing this season. What those individuals don't understand is Texas really doesn't care about running the football and i think they would be perfectly happy if they can average 3-4 yards per rush. Texas runs the ball to set up Colt and his ability to either run or to use his great vision and make big plays down the field. So, as far as the Longhorns are concerned if they are going to stay in this game they are going to have to rely greatly on Colt McCoy to deliver some big plays down the field with his legs and his arm.

Alabama also doesn't just rely on the running game to score points as was evident in the SEC Championship game. Against Florida, Alabama didnt run the ball to set up the pass they conversely used the play action pass to set up the run. The Texas Defensive Coordinator brings into this game a Longhorn defense who was stout against the run this year allowing 62 YPG. BUT, remember that was primarily in a "Pass First" Big 12 Conference with teams who ran the ball in a spread type offense. I expect the Tide to run the ball close to their season average which will allow Greg McElroy to make some plays down the field to Julio Jones who is a excellent playmaker and is most likely the best player on the field.

This game has two great teams with two great and experienced coaches walking the sidelines. I believe Colt McCoy will live up to his billing and put up outstanding numbers in this matchup and Alabama will do the same.

So based on this information some might think Alabama would be the correct play. On the other hand their might be others who think that Texas would be the correct play. If you are curious as to which side I think the correct play is the answer is simply "Neither". I don't see any distinct advantage with either Texas or Alabama which would convince me to wager on either side in this matchup, no matter how many times i play out different outcomes in my head.

MY PLAY:

Alabama will use the run and play action pass effectively against Texas as they did in tearing apart the Gator defense just a few weeks ago. I also expect Texas to run the ball just enough to allow Colt McCoy to utilize his outstanding quarterback skills to run and pass down the field against the cornerbacks of Alabama. To make a long story short this will not be a 17-10 defensive battle. I believe this will be an outstanding game with two outstanding teams giving us, the fans, a great show. To me the definition of a "Great Show" is POINTS SCORED!

Texas/Alabama OVER 45

(If you are doing something like this it's because your book has a higher total than 45. We all know we can't get the same line due to the continuous line movements, especially on game day. I wont give any advice on what total to play except what i posted. If you are that concerned that your book has the total higher by a point or so than buy it down if you can. If you can't buy it down than use your best judgement.)

Good Luck and enjoy the game.
    ANOTHER WINNER!

Game was OVER without MR. McCoy on the field.

dvb02
    Update your status
    dvb02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1790

Another nice call snap!! so what is your final documented bowls record this year?

snapstick
    +100 units or bust

Quote Originally Posted by dvb02 View Post
    Another nice call snap!! so what is your final documented bowls record this year?
    Haven't seen you all night until now....where have you been today? Hope you tailed brah!

First 123 Last