Joe_Shabadoo
    Joe_Shabadoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

A few things to consider for the GMAC Bowl:

Yes, the axiom most considered here may just be that both teams have great, fast-paced offenses that accumulate points in less than 2 minutes, but the caveat that may be forcing some at the register is that Central Michigan's defense is THAT much more efficient than that seen of Troy's lowly performance throughout the season.

If one looks at the weighted/adjusted performance during "credible" sets of game time (i.e. before both teams had their game(s) wrapped-up and were on cruise control), well, that's a more subjective area that may too difficult to concretely figure out, but it should be considered when sets of data could skew the final stats.

Anyway, my point is that Troy's defensive passing efficiency, and not just the generic listing of passing defense that one can find on NCAA.com, is rather good if one explores footballoutsiders.com and correlates those numbers to their strongest opposition on the 2009 schedule, and if one is going to tread lightly when including their performance against Florida and Arkansas earlier this season into the data set.

Troy will show Central Michigan a front-7 with legit athletes of which they've not seen since playing MSU or Boston College. The opponent most resembling what Troy will face tonight was, in my opinion, Middle Tennessee (or maybe Joe Webb and UAB) and the threat of Dwight Dasher. Middle Tennessee's defense is actually ranked (with weighted adjustment for quality of competition) at #21 in the nation, with Troy at #43, and, suprisingly, Central Michigan at #59 per footballoutsiders.com. Now, this isn't a cure-all stat sheet to determine turnouts no else would ever consider, but it should be stated, since there may be a rather large discrepancy in perception of what really to expect tonight in terms of what has been looked-up in the common stat sheet.

Per web1.ncaa.org Troy is in the backfield far more than Central Michigan, with the Trojans ranking at #21/27 with regard to tackles-for-loss and sacks respectively, while CMU comes in at #105/71.

• Troy allows an average of 1.75 sacks/game (#52) while CMU allows only 1.15 (#16)
    Offensively, in terms of the aforementioned metrics, Troy resides at #39 nationally, while Central Michigan has graded out at #55. This is a significant number to consider when looking at each of the teams' last 5 performances coupled with the probability that Troy can "out-athlete" every phase of CMU's game sans LeFevour/Antonio Brown, thought that is just what the Chips rely on --- so something has to give.

I'm not saying these are overwhelming reasons to just go against what seems too easy of a play and be different than everyone else, but just things to consider outside of every thread seemingly saying "Hey, that LeFevour kid, I heard he's good, and Troy's defense sucks. Cha-Ching, take it to the bank bitches!"

In my opinion, I'd venture a guess, and maybe a sizeable bet, that Troy will keep it dangerously close for a while, and eventually win the game with Blankeney at the helm going against Steve Stripling in his first outing.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Interesting info, thanks. I was leaning Troy, so this info gave me some more confidence to make the pick. GL

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Bowl games come down to PASSION and WHO WANT'S to be there.......talent is important.....stats are important.....but in the end you have this:

DAN'S LAST GAME IN COLLEGE EVER......

EVER.

THAT MEANS THAT THE TEAM WILL GO ALL OUT AS A TEAM FOR HIM AND WIN THIS FOR THE GUY THAT PUT CENTRAL ON THE MAP THE PAST FEW YEARS.

THEY WILL GO ALL OUT AND TROY HAS NO SHOT TO WIN.

JUST MY $4,500 CENTS.........ALL ON CENTRAL MICHIGAN -2.5

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

How mad would SmackdownV be if CMU wins on a last second FG... 19-17

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

No play on this one.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

How will the Alabama kids handle the cold weather?
    I think it will hurt them, help CMU.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

The game is in Alabama, right?

SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

good insight, I'm on the Chippewas but not just from peeking the overall rankings, I've been waiting for this one...while you bring up some good points, some of them are a bit skewed...giving up .5 sack more isn't relevant when CMU has dropped back more to pass, couple with the fact that the QB has wheels, which can account for an extra sack due to his inability to run when he initiates it, not that the O line blew their coverage. I see CMU opening up a lead, Troy making it a game, and CMU reopening it up late...somewhere in the CMU upper thirties to the Troy mid twenties score.