SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Troy State Trojans vs Central Michigan Chippewas

People are saying the line is off on this one, lets try to get some ideas from some people who are overly familiar with the respective conferences to get some insight on cracking the line. I've been capping this one and have a side but I'd like to nail it down a little tighter and get some reasons why this one won't go over 63 by the middle 3q.

SpartyPt11
    SpartyPt11's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game is in Alabama, CMU lost there coach, RLM of 1 point, small wager or no play on Troy. I live in MAC country. The MAC is bad... really bad. You saw Marshall beat the MACs 2nd place team. USF kill the 3rd place team. UCLA come back on the 4th best team, and no D and the Vandals blowing up the MAC 5th best team. CMU is way above all the other MAC teams but there D is not that good and without there coach the O is in trouble. Troys high points per game was thanks to giving up 56 to florida and ARK. I think if Troy can hold them under 30 they win outright.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Well, one Trojan team has already won this bowl season. I totally agree that the MAC is terrible. What is it now, 13 straight bowl losses? Central Michigan lost it's HC, and we all know how Cincinnati and Texas Tech did. A win and a loss, so nothing gained on that angle, though MSU had a ton of players suspended. Still, a home dog is inviting. Another interesting thing to note. While the spread is pretty solid at CMU -3, the ML is anywheres from Troy +115 to +130 in Vegas, indicating that some action is coming in on Troy and the ML.

SportsLockPicks

i have been absoutely cashing in on games that pit a top 15 defense against a good offense and taking the defensive team...in tonights case its Central Michigan, and the bonus is that they have a sick offense as well...yes the conference is bad, but being in first place, and doing in the fashion that they did, they are a better team on both sides of the ball than Troy...and what is the big deal about Troy's conference?

SportsLockPicks

its the god damn Sun Belt for christs sake

SpartyPt11
    SpartyPt11's Avatar Become A Pro!

look at Marshall number whatever in CUSA beating Ohio...... now look at what Houston and UCF did in their bowl. and Ohio held CMU to 20 points.. The Sun Belt is a better conference then the MAC

moodyt2
    Roll Tide
    moodyt2's Avatar Become A Pro!

note: it's no longer troy state university. It is now Troy University.

Im leaning cmu big

StarPicks
    StarPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hova

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

For what it's worth, Troy lost to Bowling green, while CMU beat Bowling Green on the road. Their might be a slight edge toward CMU if any.

SportsLockPicks

Quote Originally Posted by moodyt2 View Post
    note: it's no longer troy state university. It is now Troy University.

Im leaning cmu big
    Note: who gives a shit...is that going to make them cover tonight?

You guys can fight over how much worse these two shit conferences are, if that is how you cap, fine...i cap the matchups and situations..

If you think being ranked near the top 15 in the country in defense and top 30 in offense and ranked #25 overall means nothing because they were #1 by far in a bad conference, good luck with your bets...SLP is hammering the snot out of the Chippewas

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You guys who count stats for teams that play in crap conferences and then use them to base a pick must be going broke by now. Hammer away. This is a throw away game. The team that wants it the most will win it, and that is all that counts. Being ranked high and playing in the MAC is totally and utterly worthless.

SportsLockPicks

ok, so wanting it more makes you win? so a team full of Rudy's playing for Notre Dame could beat Alabama tomorrow night? There is an ats winner and loser on every game so no game is a throwaway game to everybody....and to the asshole who brings up pushes, just keep it to yourself.

This game is highly cappable, a bad conference should be considered if the MAC was being compared to the WAC or Mountain West, and definitely so against a Big East team or of that caliber, but we are talking about a matchup against the Sun Belt here, wake up and smell the Teepee's burning, CMU will get its 450+ total yards