ducks penetrate$ bucks

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Bucks running game will go through Oregon like *hit through a goose or duck
    Agreed
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave BChrisB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Getduckedup
    Getduckedup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

Other than the Heisman winner Marriota and top 3 pick, the majority of NFL ready talent on Oregon's team is on the Defensive Line, Offensive life, and Safety positions (Grasu, Fischer, Dargan, Washington Jr., Armstead, Buckner, Malone Jr.). Not to mention Oregon has covered in 10 straight ATS and most without even a sweat. I love the Ohio State backers with a loss to Va Tech saying Urban is the best coach and we will run all over Oregon. Oregon would have been a slight favorites vs Bama and Oregon comes out of the current best conference in america the Pac-12. I think Ohio State draws first blood and it wakes up Oregon who wins by 2-3 tds. Also, Oregon has played it starters less than any team in the nation this year. Why? Because their always ahead by at least 28 points in the fourth. It helps having two of the best players on the team back from injury, Tyner and Grasu and it showed in the FSU game (beating a team that had won 29 in a row by 39 points). Why is no one pointing to the fact that Helfrich the OC for Oregon during Chip's run was just as instrumental in developing the modern spread offense as Chip. Urban may have the best record in America in big games but Helfrich is the most underrated coach.

P.S. Thanks for bringing down the line to -6 and again what is there to do in Ohio other than watch football and farm?
    Last edited by Getduckedup; 01-07-15 at 01:07 PM.

Getduckedup
    Getduckedup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

#duckscruise, #duckswin1stcollegeplayoff, #westcoastisthebestcoast, #Heismanwinnervs3rdstingfb/qb, #11inarowats, #pac12thensecthenbig10, #statement
    Last edited by Getduckedup; 01-07-15 at 01:08 PM.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

LOL @ people who still bring up the Virginia Tech loss. Get real. That may as well have been last season. It's irrelevant.

thezzzone
    thezzzone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by F_ckUPal View Post

It's interesting that the Ohio St. defense always practices against their offense with a no huddle environment. Did
    Urban Meyer prepare his defense along time ago for a team like Oregon?

Kinda weird, huh?
    Good info. I wasnt aware of. Helps answer my main question about OU in this game. How theyll cope with the pace.

Thanks!!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Oregon returner/wr out for the game

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

can't decide. may break out the trusty dart board i use for the NBA

southmaniac6
    southmaniac6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

If u like Oregon, one thing to consider: line opened -7 and very quickly moved to -6.5. Now, it's -6 some books. I hear most people backing Oregon but line droooooping? Makes you wonder. I'm more locked in on total.

first half under

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

OSU ML,Bucks roll in this one.

Oregon only gets 20hrs to prepare,that's including the 3hrs for game,because they just started new semester.

Ohio State can prepare all they want because they're on winter break.Urban will have them plenty ready.No way can Oregon contain Zeke Elliott,and Jones will be prepared as well.He will run all over their defense.Ball control,keep Oregon offense off the field.

Goin Big On ML,
    Fieldy

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

should we parlay OSU ML with under?

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Ohio State ML

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Ohio State ML
    Amazing how people couldn't see this against Wisconsin and Bama. Same bet, same outcome, OSU wins SU!

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

The Bucks and the Ducks will go at it for the title come Monday in Arlington, Texas at the AT&T Stadium. There is no question how hard it is to break down both teams based on how each team performed in the semifinals both winning in impressive fashion. I look at Oregon and I see a star QB in Mariota surrounded by playmakers as usual and a solid defense. With Ohio st. you have the young C. Jones playing out of his mind, an explosive running game and a defense that has stepped up to the challenge vs one of the SEC's best in Alabama.

On offense, Oregon runs a high-tempo attack balance with runs and passing and like to go downfield off play-action when they establish the run. Mariota also has exceptional mobility and can burn a defense for overpursuing or taking wrong angles . At the moment their offense looks like a well-oiled machine wearing teams down by the 3rd, and 4th quarter of the game.

On defense Ohio State is very athletic up front with Bosa and company bringing heavy pressure that has resulted in 47 sacks good for 13th in the country. In the secondary they are 4th in passing efficiency defense and up the challenge when teams attempt the deep ball on them. That comes as no surprise as Meyer has emphasized speed in recruiting and it has paid off. That was evident when they played Bama as the D stood tough and brought the heat on Sims to turn the tide of the game leading to the win.

The Bucks on offense are led by C.Jones who has a rocket for an arm and surprisingly has been taking care of the ball for such a young inexperienced QB. They go as their running game goes led by RB Elliott running behind a much-improved O-line unit that is peaking having gashed Bama's no.1run D for over 240 yds. The Bucks also love to take shots deep off playaction and have maybe the fastest guy on the field in D. Smith at WR.

The way I see it in order for Ohio St. to compete with Oregon they have to focus on stopping the Ducks on the ground and continue to play physical aggressive football like they showed vs Bama. I have reason to believe it because of the overall athleticism and speed of their front 7. On the back end they have the playmakers that can challenge the Ducks' vertical passing game. As long as they are disciplined enough to not get out of position and contain Mariota to a degree I think they have a live shot.

On offense, I think Ohio St. is playing their best football their O-line is paving big holes for Elliott to run through and C. Jones has used his mobility to break some long runs as well. Oregon plays solid vs the run and pass as well and can make ones pay for his mistakes if he makes errant throws down the field. Based on what I saw vs Florida St. I thought the Noles actually moved the ball effectively aside from a rash of self-destructing turnovers.

From a coaching perspective I also give the Buckeyes the nod because Meyer and O-coordinator for Ohio St. is a former disciple of Chip Kelly and they run basically the same offense maybe with a few tweaks. For a coach the caliber of Meyer that is a big edge. As much as one might wonder if there could be a letdown I have decided it is not in play because the teams have had almost 2 weeks of rest since the last game and there is no letdown when the next game is for all the marbles.

Look for Ohio St. to use the same formula they did to beat Alabama: Establish a running game, go deep off playfakes, and play aggressive and relentlessly on defense and attack the line of scrimmage which is where the game is usually won. I also think that Ohio St. also has the advantage of just having played indoors. Look for Mariota and company to get tested in a big way come Monday as the Buckeyes take the cover and a chance at an outright win.

Play the Ohio State Buckeyes +5.5 50 Units ML +180 25 Units

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Why not play for 500 units?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

A lot of people here do not really understand the concept of the unit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

People really think Ohio State has a chance here haha.

The thing about this game that everyone fails to recognize is that Ohio State won't be able to score on the Oregon D.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

You're kidding, right? ^^^

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Oregon and under

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

it is laughable when you say Ohio State has no chance to win this game... anyone with that much bias has no business betting on games...

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

The thing about this game that everyone fails to recognize is that Ohio State won't be able to score on the Oregon D.
    That is laughable. They will run for at least 300 yards on the Oregon D.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Seems like the sharps are on Ohio State. The "they took er jobs" crowd is on Oregon.

Chum Slam
    Chum Slam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3275

I am a huge Mariota fan... the kid is humble and an incredible competitor. I hate Ohio state with every fiber of my being. That being said... I think Ohio state rolls on Monday night

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I am a HUGE Oregon fan

I do not feel good about this game at all

Horrible match-up for Oregon

Oregon has the public backing them because of their flash and amount of points they put up, Heisman guy etc

However Ohio State's defense is light years ahead of Oregon's, and that will be the difference maker

mcdonae101

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    I am a HUGE Oregon fan

I do not feel good about this game at all

Horrible match-up for Oregon

Oregon has the public backing them because of their flash and amount of points they put up, Heisman guy etc

However Ohio State's defense is light years ahead of Oregon's, and that will be the difference maker
    how do u figure their defense is "light years" ahead of oregons?

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

by watching their games, doing the eye test, common sense

a mediocre FSU team kept it close... until they had 5 turnovers

You can say that was Oregon's defense doing, or Florida State just shitting the bed - I choose the latter

Oregon gives way too many big plays down the middle of the field and it will hurt them against a good running game and a strong running African QB

mcdonae101

by watching their games, doing the eye test, common sense

a mediocre FSU team kept it close... until they had 5 turnovers

You can say that was Oregon's defense doing, or Florida State just shitting the bed - I choose the latter

Oregon gives way too many big plays down the middle of the field and it will hurt them against a good running game and a strong running African QB
    same can b said about ohio states defense. less than mediocre michigan and indiana were right in the game until 4th quarter, a good defense would have never allowed that imo.

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    same can b said about ohio states defense. less than mediocre michigan and indiana were right in the game until 4th quarter, a good defense would have never allowed that imo.
    Arch rivals for a hundred years with Michigan, they always find a way even with the lesser team to play each other tight, same can be said with Bama and Auburn. OSU's defense was solid in most games, every team no matter what has tight games in any given season. You can't judge a team off one or two games especially in NCAAF, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. I'm judging OSU as a whole and they are by far the more balanced team. Not taking anything away for Oregon who has and offense, but they are not as balanced on the other side of the fence. Going back to the old saying, "Offense gets TV ratings, defenses wins championships." This is what (IMHO) OSU will do.

BChrisB

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

I like Oregon. I don't think OSU can keep up on offense. Oregon runs plays where the defense has virtually no time to get to the quarterback for a sack. The only way to stop them is hope for a fumble or a pick. If OSU makes one or two mistakes and Oregon gets a 17-21 point lead, just like in the FSU game, it could get ugly from their. OSU will be forced to go down field and that's where the inexperienced qb will make mistakes. As long as the game is close, he'll be fine. But if he gets down a few scores, watch out.

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    OSU will be forced to go down field and that's where the inexperienced qb will make mistakes.
    That inexperienced QB would be a 1st string starter in other schools. So far he has displayed very little flaws.

Winning oasis
    Winning oasis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7651

Advantage: URBAN MEYER. Jones did not make poor decision mistakes LIKE WINSTON did versus Oregon. Buckeyes +6 is a gift. Especially for a team that gave 14 to Alabama on turnovers and controlled the line. I don't know how Oregon is favored. Imho.

Winning oasis
    Winning oasis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7651

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

OMG - someone caught "complete dumbazz-itis" Oregons defense is stopping Ohio State?? Oh...that explains the o/u going up to 75. LMAO

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Quote Originally Posted by southmaniac6 View Post
    If u like Oregon, one thing to consider: line opened -7 and very quickly moved to -6.5. Now, it's -6 some books. I hear most people backing Oregon but line droooooping? Makes you wonder. I'm more locked in on total.

first half under
    This. I try and cap the line more than the teams. I thought Ducks would be 10 point favs. My wife is Buckeye fan so I have seen a number of their games and I just have never been impressed - it doesn't feel like a talented team. Ducks just marching over people. Then line comes out -6.5 and I thought - huh - that doesn't make much sense to me. Then line dropped even more. This feels to me like a 3 point Oregon win. They aren't giving money away on OSU ML, but OU -7 seems too easy. I am going to tread very lightly on this game and either go with my gut (Oregon) or my process (OSU) - either way this will be a very small wager for me.

I may be wrong but I don't see OSU competing in a shootout - leaning under as well but again - very small.

First 1234 Last