Jerm3085
    Jerm3085's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6143

Talk all the crap you want about SEC, who has dominated CFB over the last decade, and more. BUT, all but two teams (Vandy and Kentucky) made it to the bowls this year, for a total of ten teams! Any other conference have that many? Also, the usually dominant SEC West went 2-4 in their bowls, while SEC East is undefeated at 4-0, with one more game tomorrow in the Florida gators who will probably handle ECU as well. So, if ANYTHING, the SEC west has had a down year, but they definitely do not suck or are over rated, much like FSU is. Comments, questions, concerns, go for it. Your hatred will not hurt my feelings one bit and I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

Basic number sense isn't a strength of yours is it?

sumtingwong
    sumtingwong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

unless you are employed by the SEC or a school in the SEC, why do you give a shit what people say about the SEC?

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Quote Originally Posted by sumtingwong View Post
    unless you are employed by the SEC or a school in the SEC, why do you give a shit what people say about the SEC?
    Im not employed by the SEC or a school in the SEC (Miami fan) and I give a shit when idiots talk shit about the SEC because the SEC is the best conference in college football

seems to be more people talking about how much the SEC sucks than how the SEC owns. and that's not what I see . so ya Ill give a shit until people smarten up and stop regurgitating media hype and hate like 2014s mantra "SEC blows!"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jerm3085

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Quote Originally Posted by sumtingwong View Post
    Buncha chest pumping southerners who can give it but can't take it

thefonzo

In all seriousness, if the SEC backers would simply take the blinders off and admit that they aren't the only ones that play quality football, there probably wouldn't be the hatred/backlash when they falter.

This whole notion of rooting for a conference is stupid anyway...it's like a worthless 45 year old man living vicariously through the athletic acheivements of his son.

Seriously, when did it start making sense for a Mississippi fan to puff out their chest and brag about the accomplishments of Alabama?

To top it off, the Mizzou fans chanting SEC! at the end of their game against Minnesota. ... after what had transpired the day before...not to mention the fact I've got boogers that have been around longer than Mizzou has been in the conference. ..not to mention it's frickin Minnesota. ..

Do you realize how stupid you sound to the other 90% of the country?

swag1982

Quote Originally Posted by thefonzo View Post
    In all seriousness, if the SEC backers would simply take the blinders off and admit that they aren't the only ones that play quality football, there probably wouldn't be the hatred/backlash when they falter.

This whole notion of rooting for a conference is stupid anyway...it's like a worthless 45 year old man living vicariously through the athletic acheivements of his son.

Seriously, when did it start making sense for a Mississippi fan to puff out their chest and brag about the accomplishments of Alabama?

To top it off, the Mizzou fans chanting SEC! at the end of their game against Minnesota. ... after what had transpired the day before...not to mention the fact I've got boogers that have been around longer than Mizzou has been in the conference. ..not to mention it's frickin Minnesota. ..

Lol this is very true
    just another competitive conference

thefonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    Im not employed by the SEC or a school in the SEC (Miami fan) and I give a shit when idiots talk shit about the SEC because the SEC is the best conference in college football

seems to be more people talking about how much the SEC sucks than how the SEC owns. and that's not what I see . so ya Ill give a shit until people smarten up and stop regurgitating media hype and hate like 2014s mantra "SEC blows!"
    Then they also need to smarten up and stop regurgitating the media hype claiming the SEC is head and shoulders above everyone else. ...that's what started this whole shitstorm of hatred, people just giving back the same crap the SEC has been spewing for years

Yeah they've been the best over the last decade, but jesus we're tired of hearing about it! Sorry you have nothing else to look forward to in life other than the alleged superiority of a bunch of football players...

Jerm3085

wow really? A worthless 45 year old man living vicariously through his sons achievements? Sounds like someone has some unresolved daddy issues.

I, on the other hand, like to think of it as a time where very competitive fans and athletes can find a common ground and support other athletic programs around the country and create new rivalries, traditions, or whatever. Obviously this in turn helps the universities which is always a good thing.

Long story short, people can't honestly sit there and belittle the SEC and all of their achievements in the CFB era just because of 4 bowl game losses.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

iron sharpens iron. tough competition breeds success. this is why people chant for their superior conferences. and its nothing like your dumbshit analogy thefonzo, sorry you don't comprehend this.

especially since college football has only this year changed to a small playoff format. its a big penetrating deal when you got shitty teams cakewalking to finals on soft schedules like notre dame of a few years ago only to get smashed by a real sec team not to mention numerous other SEC teams that would have smashed them too that year.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

especially since college football has only this year changed to a small playoff format. its a big penetrating deal when you got shitty teams cakewalking to finals on soft schedules like notre dame of a few years ago only to get smashed by a real sec team not to mention numerous other SEC teams that would have smashed them too that year.

Yea well look at what the playoffs did to the SEC. The SEC doesn't blow, but they were definitely overrated.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Its just ncaaf though...the teams turnover completley every 4 or 5 years ..in the end its just kids, not worth getting over hyped up about..sec teams not even featured in the final game..its wierd when theres a guy well beyond his college days goin bazerk for some school he has no affiliation with. Why not just direct this fanaticism towards a pro sport?

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Even the SEC's bowl record says a lot, all your top teams lost and your lesser teams beat up way lesser teams, SEC's 6-5 is even worse than it looks. Big Ten for example, all their top teams won (especially against the SEC) as underdogs especially to SEC teams. Not a basher just a realist on this one.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11873

Florida not gonna help
    Your case on this one

Jerm3085

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    Florida not gonna help
    Your case on this one
    Oh really?

swag1982

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm3085 View Post
    Oh really?
    Congrats on beating the powerhouse that is east Carolina

Jerm3085

They have some of the top receivers in the country. I'm sure if they were wining you'd be singing a different tune

Jerm3085

Just think how bad it's going to be when the Gators don't have an interim coach and have a HEALTHY defense and hopefully better QB!!!!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

SEC, no longer gonna be used as the high mark to judge strength in NCAA football!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Look out!
    There's a new sheriff in town.
    And.
    His name is BIG 10.............

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

swag1982

They have some of the top receivers in the country. I'm sure if they were wining you'd be singing a different tune
    I really wouldn't I haven't been "hating" on the sec it is a good conference just not top to bottom way better than every other conference like u sec guys like to believe again

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I still think even this year the SEC is still the best conference top to bottom. Every other conference had at least two doormats, SEC had one in Vanderbilt, Kentucky isnt a doormat any longer.

1. SEC
    2. Pac-12
    3. Big 12
    4. Big 10
    5. ACC

swag1982

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I still think even this year the SEC is still the best conference top to bottom. Every other conference had at least two doormats, SEC had one in Vanderbilt, Kentucky isnt a doormat any longer.

1. SEC
    2. Pac-12
    3. Big 12
    4. Big 10
    5. ACC
    Who, did uk beat out of conference Ohio was there best win uk is still a doormat

thefonzo

Not sure how you can say Florida has great receivers...great athletes likely but don't they have issues with catching the ball? Honest question, as that's what I've read, but only witnessed today.

Agree with the healthy defense and QB statements, though the QB issue is on the coaches, not the kids. We'll see if the new regime fixes that.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    Who, did uk beat out of conference Ohio was there best win uk is still a doormat
    What is that supposed to mean lol.

swag1982

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    What is that supposed to mean lol.
    U say its a down year for the sec so what could uk accomplishments in a down sec mean nothing

Live4Action
    Live4Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 415

Try 2-5 for SEC dumbass. And the top 5 teams all lost. SEC West played nobodies, lol.

Talk all the crap you want about SEC, who has dominated CFB over the last decade, and more. BUT, all but two teams (Vandy and Kentucky) made it to the bowls this year, for a total of ten teams! Any other conference have that many? Also, the usually dominant SEC West went 2-4 in their bowls, while SEC East is undefeated at 4-0, with one more game tomorrow in the Florida gators who will probably handle ECU as well. So, if ANYTHING, the SEC west has had a down year, but they definitely do not suck or are over rated, much like FSU is. Comments, questions, concerns, go for it. Your hatred will not hurt my feelings one bit and I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Live4Action View Post
    Try 2-5 for SEC dumbass. And the top 5 teams all lost. SEC West played nobodies, lol.
    SEC East 5-0.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jerm3085

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You are so full of caca that it reeks in this site. The SC is such a chicken s**t outfit that they refuse to play quality teams outside the conference. The Pac 12's Oregon could kick any SEC's teams tail up one end of the field and down the other. So Could Arizona State, USC, UCLA, and possibly others. The SEC is a chicken s**t conference that needed the press to get them into CC games against patsies. The Pac 12 crushes the SEC. Stop making excuses like everyone else in here. The SEC got it's arse handed to it. Live with it boy.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Yeah, the ACC had 11. Big f'kn' deal. Other than the big 4, bowls want teams that travel well. It's about the Money. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jerm3085

Not sure how you can say Florida has great receivers...great athletes likely but don't they have issues with catching the ball? Honest question, as that's what I've read, but only witnessed today.

Agree with the healthy defense and QB statements, though the QB issue is on the coaches, not the kids. We'll see if the new regime fixes that.
    Was speaking about ecu

Jerm3085

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You are so full of caca that it reeks in this site. The SC is such a chicken s**t outfit that they refuse to play quality teams outside the conference. The Pac 12's Oregon could kick any SEC's teams tail up one end of the field and down the other. So Could Arizona State, USC, UCLA, and possibly others. The SEC is a chicken s**t conference that needed the press to get them into CC games against patsies. The Pac 12 crushes the SEC. Stop making excuses like everyone else in here. The SEC got it's arse handed to it. Live with it boy.
    This imbecile obviously has a lot of pent up hate and frustration towards the SEC, and rightfully so. Finally the PAC12 is having a good year, the SEC having a down year, and now he can finally contribute the only way his peanut sized brain knows how...by spewing out useless nonsense like a retarded caveman

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

because the SEC is the best conference in college football
    not this year

swag1982

This imbecile obviously has a lot of pent up hate and frustration towards the SEC, and rightfully so. Finally the PAC12 is having a good year, the SEC having a down year, and now he can finally contribute the only way his peanut sized brain knows how...by spewing out useless nonsense like a retarded caveman
    Hey congratulations u finally found some one who is truly hating on the sec