irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

Whats the play with ND v LSU

I may be the anti homer when it comes to ND. I really don't see how they keep this game within 2 TD's. I know the offense struggles, but ND's D is just plain bad. They do get Day back on the DL. Jarron Jones is out. He is a run stopper and will be missed. ND will be playing an undersized LB who is completely mismatched by the LSU RB's. Jaylon Smith is great in space, but he is not a MLB that can stop the run. Starting Zaire at QB against LSU might be a bad idea.

Jennings for LSU is poor, but can do the one thing that kills ND defenses, take off and run. LSU is going to pound it at ND and they may get some stops early, eventually they will break this defense. I think there is a good chance the game goes under.

I just don't see how ND gets 10 points in this game. They could only manage 14 against SC's defense and one TD was in complete garbage time.

My prediction 31-10 LSU. ND may get a garbage one though to keep it to 14.

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

Quote Originally Posted by irishstuey View Post
    I may be the anti homer when it comes to ND. I really don't see how they keep this game within 2 TD's. I know the offense struggles, but ND's D is just plain bad. They do get Day back on the DL. Jarron Jones is out. He is a run stopper and will be missed. ND will be playing an undersized LB who is completely mismatched by the LSU RB's. Jaylon Smith is great in space, but he is not a MLB that can stop the run. Starting Zaire at QB against LSU might be a bad idea.

Jennings for LSU is poor, but can do the one thing that kills ND defenses, take off and run. LSU is going to pound it at ND and they may get some stops early, eventually they will break this defense. I think there is a good chance the game goes under.

I just don't see how ND gets 10 points in this game. They could only manage 14 against SC's defense and one TD was in complete garbage time.

My prediction 31-10 LSU. ND may get a garbage one though to keep it to 14.
    its without question that LSU is a better team, but you just cant ignore the fact that a massive amount of money is on LSU right now, that setup hook is coming

Cosbytherapist
    Cosbytherapist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

No way LSU loses to this joke of a team. Only thing that worries me is the coaching mismatch in favor of Notre Dame, but theplayers on LSU just so much better

MindGames
    MindGames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2598

Coaching mismatch favors ND.. The same guy that's starting their backup QB in the bowl game? Les Miles with a month to prepare is very dangerous. ND will get stomped.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Lsu 31-10

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

irishstuey

So far it's hard to knock the sec backers. They've looked like they are easily a step above all others.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by MindGames View Post
    Coaching mismatch favors ND.. The same guy that's starting their backup QB in the bowl game? Les Miles with a month to prepare is very dangerous. ND will get stomped.
    Yes, the same guy who's starting the backup qb in the bowl game because he hasn't turned it over a million times this season. And if you did some research on Notre Dame, you would know that Malik Zaire has a lot of promise within their team. Reminds me a lot of Michael Vick in college....lightning speed and a left arm that's a rocket. Zaire can play.

As for the game, it's an interesting matchup because Notre Dame's defense is awful playing their 11 freshman but LSU's offense isn't great. On the flip side, ND's offense is explosive but LSU's defense is strong and solid.

Notre Dame's been an impossible team to predict this year. If you're betting this game, you're desperate. I could easily see Notre Dame keeping this game close and winning it or I can see LSU blowing them out.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

who knows, but ND qb situation is not bringing confidence in betting market.
    all i have is ND to round out a super teaser at +27.5
    ND might make it competitive. they won't go down easy like
    Texas and Oklahoma did. ND just doesn't roll like that.

irishstuey

I'd rather have lsu plus any number in that teaser snowball. Good luck.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by irishstuey View Post
    I'd rather have lsu plus any number in that teaser snowball. Good luck.
    i can hedge live if necessary. last night i had to hedge against Texas.
    but i won't hedge ahead.

irishstuey

This line is going to 9 by kickoff.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

as much as i hate being on the public side Notre Dame is just a pathetic football team.

i honestly cant find one thing to like about this team on either side of the ball.

it could get real ugly with this freshmen QB going against LSU's defense. He may get his block knocked off bc i hear he likes to run...

irishstuey

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    as much as i hate being on the public side Notre Dame is just a pathetic football team.

i honestly cant find one thing to like about this team on either side of the ball.

it could get real ugly with this freshmen QB going against LSU's defense. He may get his block knocked off bc i hear he likes to run...
    They were thin to start the year and lost a second round cb to suspension and their top WR. Also lost a key DL player to suspension. Now they are without the brains of defense, MLB Joe Schmidt. He wasn't a great athlete, but he was almost always filling the right gaps and making plays. Now they have a couple true freshman playing LB along with Jaylon. This wasn't going to be a top 5 team with all those guys lost to suspension.

Not a good spot for Malik to make his first start. Kelly is going to protect him and run the ball. Problem is ND isn't going to run with a lot of success. Second half he'll probably be forced to try and open it up a little.

navyblue81

Yeah, they're pathetic. They were a questionable call away from going on the road and beating FSU and they dominated Arizona State on their home field. They're a decent team that's just thrown away games. Bottom line. You're showing your bias by saying they're pathetic, but looking at it objectively, this is a football team that offensively is very good and has put up a lot of yards and points this year, even against a solid defense in Louisville and Stanford, but defensively is flat out horrible and banged up. Those suspensions destroyed their defense this year.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

ND showed promise early this season and were just decimated with injuries.
    I've watched both programs a lot this year and as much as I can't back ND, LSU has been no great juggernaut either
    LSU is going to pound the ball because I don't see LSU having the talent to throw the ball all over the field.
    USC may have given the public a false sense of ND's secondary being worse then it is.... LSU has nowhere near the offensive weapons and speed of USC
    I think the line is soft, but if ND keeps it close Kelly will outcoach Miles and this game becomes closer then most think

CDUBB_CW
    CDUBB_CW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8112

This should have been the prime time game.

PREMOSIX
    PREMOSIX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

Nd lost to northwestern.lmao good luck

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

This is kinda reminding me of the lsu whiskey game

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

It'll be damn hard to cover more than 7 without some ND turnovers.

navyblue81

Wow that stat about Notre Dame's injuries on defense just blew me away. I knew they had injury issues but didn't realize it was that bad. 14 players out for the season????

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

That's been the Achilles heel all season for them. Problem today is the turnover machine is on bench currently.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Me neither Navy and kind of tells the other side of the tale.

irishstuey

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Wow that stat about Notre Dame's injuries on defense just blew me away. I knew they had injury issues but didn't realize it was that bad. 14 players out for the season????
    Yeah, if they get some guys to stay and get people back healthy next year will be good.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

14 season ending injuries & up 21-14. Lmfao!!!! Good job LSU

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Notre Dame rolls....

irishstuey

Wooohoooo!!! never been so happy to lose

navyblue81

Gotta love this post. You sure know your football Bear.

irishstuey

I can't believe the defense played that well. Showed some heart and found our QB for next year. Zaire is going to win that job. That was a huge win for recruiting, cause they had been pathetic coming down the stretch. Some of that has to due with injuries, etc. Partly that FSU loss broke them.