TheMagicMan
    TheMagicMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

OSU is going to get crushed by Bama

I wish it would have been TCU vs Bama. I think Ohio State will get mauled by Alabama. Big 10 overrated!

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Not saying that Bama wont "crush" OSU. Just curious of what makes you think TCU is better than Ohio State? TCU should have held on to their 21 point lead in the 4th quarter at home vs Baylor......

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Not saying that Bama wont "crush" OSU. Just curious of what makes you think TCU is better than Ohio State? TCU should have held on to their 21 point lead in the 4th quarter at home vs Baylor......
    prob still would have gotten dropped by committee.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Game was at Baylor.....Probably a better loss than at home to a 6-6 Va Tech team.

Buckeye
    Buckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9997

Maybe if TCU played a better out of conference schedule they may have gotten in. Quit whining! By the way the Committee's vote indicates their feeling about the Big 12

TheMagicMan
    TheMagicMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

TCU played against five top 25 teams on their schedule. Only loss was to #5 Baylor (11-1) by a FG on the road.

Ohio State played only three top 25 teams on their schedule. Their loss was to non ranked 6-6 Vtech.

Common opponent. TCU beat Minnesota by 23. Ohio State only won by 7.

Seems pretty easy to me who put together a better overall resume.

All that said the Big 12 needs to grow some balls, add a couple teams to the conference and have a Championship game. It would add another high quality game to the schedule. If Baylor and TCU would have met in a Big 12 championship game there would be no debate that one of them would have gotten into final 4.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

The University of texass. Killed all big 12 hopes. Tom Osborne did not like that Texass thought they were bigger than everyone else. It's why he joined the big 10. He is a playoff committee member. Right or wrong he got even.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

TCU was on the road that game (BIG DIFFERENCE), and everyone seems to forget how bad the officiating was in that game. TCU went up 21 pts with about 11 minutes to play, they celebrated, and the joke refs called not one but two unsportsmanlike fouls and TCU had to kick off from their own friggin 10 YARD LINE. So Baylor gets to start a drive at mid-field, which not only makes it easier to score, but they saved a ton of clock. Now, that's no excuse for TCU giving up another 2 TD's, but gee wiz, this is Baylor, so it's not like they're completely folding. But still, TCU had the ball on the Baylor 40 in a tie game with a 4rth and 3 with less than a minute left in the game. Could of punted and made OT likely, but he decided to go for it, they called a pretty terrible fade pattern, but still, the receiver got interfered with but they didn't throw the flag, which I can deal with. But then Baylor with the ball back and 30 seconds left throws an incomplete long pass on 3rd and 8 and the refs call interference which was just a HORRIBLE call, because it wasn't interference, and if it was, then the TCU player got assaulted on their 4rth down incomplete pass by comparison. That terrible interference penalty gave them a chip shot FG attempt, which he made.

TCU can beat Ohio St, and Ohio St. can beat TCU, and Baylor can beat and lose to both of them, it's football, and none of these 3 is heads and tails above the other two. That's why there should be a real playoff so teams that have had similar good seasons should get a chance to succeed or fail on the football field. Thats what sports is supposed to be about, not a bunch of sportswriters, ex-coaches and a former secretary of state pretending to be the Roman senate and voting on who is worthy to enter the coloseum. It's embarrassing.

I don't really care because I know there is no national championship in college football and there never has been, and probably never will be. I grew up in the AP and UPI era where champs were like boxing champs in the crooked WBC and WBA era where one organization pretended the other organization champ never existed (was comical in the Sal Sanchez and Eusabio Pedroza days). They've butchered so many seasons that I don't care who they pretend is champ. After 1991 when unbeaten Washington and Miami never met in what could of been 2 of the great teams of all-time in a classic, I knew the NCAA was a fraud. Heck, even when they created the BCS which was supposed to be a "playoff" final, you had one year when a team not invited to the BCS title game was "national champs" at one poll, and still gets called champs, even though another team was BCS champ. I'm just waiting for the year when a scandal unfolds where one team lays down so another team can win 77-0 to jump over a team and make the "playoff".

When they have an 8 team playoff with conference champs getting a ticket, I'll care again, but I'm not holding my breath. At the pace they're going, that might be around 2050.
    Last edited by indio; 12-16-14 at 12:01 AM.

indio

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    The University of texass. Killed all big 12 hopes. Tom Osborne did not like that Texass thought they were bigger than everyone else. It's why he joined the big 10. He is a playoff committee member. Right or wrong he got even.
    That's a very sharp post. I remember the deal Texas wanted with TV money, it was almost as bad as the Versailles treaty. College football is just a bastion of greedy, slimy people filled with 50+ yr. old adolescent alumni, free agent coaches getting more perks than a Starbucks coffee machine who cheat anyway they can , and millionaires trying to make even more millions , and old money trying to keep things just as they are unless they can get a better deal, and they don't care who they have to stab in the back to get it.

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

People keep forgetting that the OSU vs VT loss was a start of a second string QB. Since that game OSU excelled. Then start of a third string QB destroyed Wisconsin. The only one to blame is the Big 12 Conference itself for not have a title game, that would have made all the difference. It was known from the start that the committee looks at conference games, and the Big 12 was sidelined. There is nobody to blame but the Big 12 itself.

BChrisB

If you think the Big 10 is overrated, I think the Mich St vs. Baylor, and the Wisconsin vs Auburn games will say a lot about the Big 10. Furthermore, from a betting standpoint I honestly don't think the SEC is going to fair well ATS this year. Just my FYI
    Points Awarded:

shopbar picks gave BChrisB 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

indio

Quote Originally Posted by BChrisB View Post
    People keep forgetting that the OSU vs VT loss was a start of a second string QB. Since that game OSU excelled. Then start of a third string QB destroyed Wisconsin. The only one to blame is the Big 12 Conference itself for not have a title game, that would have made all the difference. It was known from the start that the committee looks at conference games, and the Big 12 was sidelined. There is nobody to blame but the Big 12 itself.

Ohio St. excelled? Beating up a bunch of tomato cans, and needing OT to beat Penn St., and barely beating Indiana at home is excelling? Here's a newsflash for you, Wisconsin isn't very good. They have a great running back, but two QB's that cant hit an aircraft carrier with a 20 yard pass. So when they get behind, a blowout is always a possibility (especially if they quit). And their defense was not very good, regardless of what meaningless stats say. If anyone actually watched teams like Bowling Green and Illinois go up and down the field on them, they'd know that.

I laugh when you say the Big12 has no one to blame but themselves because they don't have a championship game. Here's a newsflash for you, THEY ONLY HAVE 10 TEAMS, THEY'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME by NCAA rules. You think when the season starts, they can just go to 2 schools in the Mountain West and say, hey, would you like to join our conference so we can have a championship game this year?

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

If you think the Big 10 is overrated, I think the Mich St vs. Baylor, and the Wisconsin vs Auburn games will say a lot about the Big 10. Furthermore, from a betting standpoint I honestly don't think the SEC is going to fair well ATS this year. Just my FYI
    Bama -9
    Au - 6.5
    LSU - 7.5

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

tide easy- osu should not be there. qb ia
    joke...

typed from big screen tv !

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post
    Bama -9
    Au - 6.5
    LSU - 7.5
    LSU is playing Notre Dame who is not in the Big 10. I think Notre Dame is a great bet regardless BTW. Another SEC loser in the Bowls.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

LSU is playing Notre Dame who is not in the Big 10. I think Notre Dame is a great bet regardless BTW. Another SEC loser in the Bowls.
    r u being serious?

u think Notre Dame is a great bet?

have u watched Notre Dame at all this season?

how the hell are they going to fix that defense? any of those injured players returning ?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    tide easy- osu should not be there. qb ia
    joke...

typed from big screen tv !
    Cardale Jones is a joke?

6 foot 5 250 pound can launch the ball 80 yards, 50 yards from his knees and he is fast as hell.

stats vs #2 ranked defense in the country

12-17 250 yards and 3 TD's

Take alabama ml and the joke will be on u

Snowball

Big Bear, you're talking about a third-string player who had one start vs
    a Wisconsin team in total collapse, playing for nothing, with a fired head coach.
    Here, read about this player you think is capable of competing vs. Alabama football
    in a semifinals national game.

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

OSU lost to VT at home+ big 12 is a better conference

swag1982

It's a team sport and they got shalaked at home by a shitty VT team at home everybody wants to forget about that it seams

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Big Bear, you're talking about a third-string player who had one start vs
    a Wisconsin team in total collapse, playing for nothing, with a fired head coach.
    Here, read about this player you think is capable of competing vs. Alabama football
    in a semifinals national game.
    what??? a wisconsin team in total collapse? i feel like we must live on different planets...

how the hell is wisconsin in total collapse and still make it to the Big 10 championship?

They just blew out Nebraska a couple weeks before and had a nice come back win against Minnesota.

Braxton was the starter only bc if its not broke why fix it.

Urban knew JT Barrett was going to be around for awhile since he was just a freshmen.

Cardale Jones would be the starter on 98% of college football teams.

He got off to a rough start in columbus for various off the field/ attitude reasons and was originally a Jim Tressle recruit so he was kinda in Urban Meyers dog house a lil bit.

i know i am a Buckeye homer to some extent but honestly this is the best Ohio State team since 2003.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    It's a team sport and they got shalaked at home by a shitty VT team at home everybody wants to forget about that it seams
    teams can't grow as the year progresses?

its called working hard and getting better.

Snowball

good luck Big Bear. Alabama is not Wisconsin.

BChrisB

good luck Big Bear. Alabama is not Wisconsin.
    Your right, if Bama played Wisconsin right now, I can't tell you what the score would be, but I can say it would be nowhere near 59-0

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    r u being serious?

u think Notre Dame is a great bet?

have u watched Notre Dame at all this season?

how the hell are they going to fix that defense? any of those injured players returning ?
    I'm more going off that LSU is the bigger joke, and Notre Dame messed up a lot this year however their better than a touchdown dog against LSU. Notre Dame can play this game for sure.

swag1982

teams can't grow as the year progresses?

its called working hard and getting better.
    the Michigan state game was good for osu but they struggled down the stretch against opponents that they should have blown out they're in and that's ok because who else r u gonna put in I do think tcu is better than osu but that doesn't matter anymore gl with osu though I know they r ur team but I think they get blown out by 2-3 tds still wnt for me as I don't bet dd favorites much

eeezzzz

I was just responding in general with the SEC not fairing well in bowl games.

I know you're all high and mighty on the big 10 and you believe Ohio state can upset Bama but get real man. This QB is completely un tested against 1 of the stingiest defenses in all of college football WITH WEEKS TO PREPARE. Take a look at the talent of both programs, the speed, the depth, the EXPERIENCE, time to prepare; see the difference?

Oh but that's right Ohio state has an amazing coach (which he is btw), but he got blown the penetrate out of the stadium with similar talent on the field the last 2 times he faced Saban.

I give Ohio State props the way they beat the living shit out of Michigan State and Wisconsin, but they also struggled several times this year with extremely mediocre teams including : Penn State, Minn, Michigan, and Indiana. Both scores against Michigan and Indiana are inflated and misleading. I watched both games.

Here's my question for you. In what does Ohio State have an edge on Alabama???

Because I believe Alabama has an edge on every single dynamic in this game with more speed, bigger size, experience, skill players and more depth. Better offense, better defense.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

hey playa it sounds like u need to do more research on ohio state

Check on youtube film on these 2 players

WR Devin Smith

DE Joey Bosa

Devin Smith IMO is better than Amari Cooper.

Joey Bosa could be the next JJ Watt.

eeezzzz

hey playa it sounds like u need to do more research on ohio state

Check on youtube film on these 2 players

WR Devin Smith

DE Joey Bosa

Devin Smith IMO is better than Amari Cooper.

Joey Bosa could be the next JJ Watt.
    Are you trolling? I can't tell.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

what?

i'm saying you are only handicapping this game as a Alabama homer and you need to do some more research bc when /if you do you will realize there is a good chance ohio state wins by 10+

eeezzzz

what?

i'm saying you are only handicapping this game as a Alabama homer and you need to do some more research bc when /if you do you will realize there is a good chance ohio state wins by 10+

CrimsonTideFan
    CrimsonTideFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

what?

Says the Ohio State homer.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

what?

BChrisB

what?

I totally concur.

BChrisB

There's 4 teams as we all know in the playoffs. Bama is one of them, if any of the three remaining teams has a chance to beat Bama who would it be? Ohio State? Oregon? Florida State? ... If you can't see that Ohio State is the only contender out of all these teams, let me please be your bookie?

12 Last