Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

FCS Playoffs discussion

1 game tonight

Chattanooga vs New Hampshire

can't find a total on this game, leaning with the under if my books would set a line....leaning with the N.H. ml for a parlay, they have been unbeatable at home

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    1 game tonight

Chattanooga vs New Hampshire

can't find a total on this game, leaning with the under if my books would set a line....leaning with the N.H. ml for a parlay, they have been unbeatable at home
    Hey Bet, I have been looking at this game since yesterday man, lol.. I had to call Am Bookie to ask them to put it on the board, lol.. I saw it might have opened at NH -3, but now around -6??? Wow, I can say that surprises me a little bit.

Speaking of this game, have you seen the QB for Chatt play??? Holy crap, he is solid man! He consistently throws for around 250 per game & he can run like a mother fer!! He is also their leading rusher I think bec he runs for around 100-130 per game also.. They absolutely decimated the Southern Conf this year, blowing almost every opponent out. I know it's the Southern, but they won almost every game with BIG offensive numbers and very very stingy defense.. The only losses Chatt had were Tenn in Tenn, lost to Cent Mich in Cent Mich (they were ok this year) & Jax St in Chatt in OT (they never should of lost that game)..
    But my angle is that this team started 0-2!! Went on to win 10 of the next 11 games with only loss in Tenn. After they loss to the Vols, the won 7 games in a row by scoring 272 points, avg 38.9 pts per game.. There defense has been strong too from what I see only giving up 108 points, avg 15.4 pts per game over the last 7 games..

One thing I can & will tell you Bet, Chatt & this QB Huesman is going to score points tonight. This guy is rolling right now & this team looks to be very hot at the right time with amazing QB play & the option to run it every down if he wants AND the defense has been shutting teams down every week. They played the second round last weekend & Chatt destroyed Indiana St (whom I know is no powerhouse) by putting up over 500 yds of offense & only giving up like 175! The thing that got me though was the TOP.. Chatt had the ball like almost 45 mins, holy shit.. I know NH is solid, I know they are at home, but this Huesman kid & that defense & their confidence sky high, I was gonna make a killer play on Chatt plus the points at almost a TD..

On the other side of the ball, NH had a wonderful season going 11-1, but what concerns me bigtime is their schedule. They got BLOWN out at Toledo to start the season, then won 11 in a row. But look at who they played Bet. Omg, teams like Maine, Fordham (barely has a football program I know for sure), Rhode Island (horrible), Stoney Brook, Elon, etc... These are some of the weakest programs in the country who don't even put the majority of their funds into football. I guarantee you that Maine pours 10x the amount of money into their Hockey program (which is so solid) than they do football. Yes, NH had a solid year, but they played a bunch of nothing freaking schools man.. Look at who finished second in the CAA this season.. Villanova with a 11-2 record was right behind NH. Wow.. Villanova?? Is NH a good program?? Historically yes. Are they a big strong team this season, in THEIR conference, yes. But overall man, I really think that NH will struggle tonight at home bec this Chatt defense is FIRED UP man.. I just don't think this is the same NH team that we have seen the last few years that actually looked like they could play some bigger and better schools and actually do well. This team this season is good, but I honestly feel that the Chatt team is just AS good & is gonna be ready to play tonight without question.. Getting a freaking td or close to 7 is alot IMO..

*I also want to note that the NH defense has been strong the last 4 games holding opponents to around 15 pts or less per game. But DON"T forget that is was against Rhode Island, Delaware, Maine & Fordham (again, such a poor football school, wow). Chatt team is gonna be WAY more explosive on offense tonight & I honestly feel that NH hasn't seen an offense with a QB like this kid all season. They might get shell shocked if Chatt starts fast man. Also to note that NH let FORDHAM running back kid rush for 220 yards last week!!!! WOW.. I think Huesman could have a field day running OR throwing on them tonight, especially running the ball.. NH also only put up, this is not a typo, 287 yds of TOTAL offense against Maine.. That is not good in their last two games if you want my opinion. Again, you know where I am going with this, Chatt could, maybe really do some damage against this NH team. I just don't see the weapons that NH has to match this Huesman kid and that defense of Chatt, honestly.. They also turned it over SIX times in that Maine game, omg.. If they turn it over even twice tonight, they will prob lose this game I think..

Chatt likes to run & throw bec of this kid.. NH relies more so on the passing game with Goldrich (who is a good QB for sure, he can chuck the ball). Chatt knows this I am sure and is going to try to stop the passing game first I would think & make NH run the ball, which is what they don't really want to do all game.. Chatt defends the pass really well. They have not let up more than 175 damn yards in the air since the Mercer game in October!! This is the angle that gets me Bet. Chatt will be looking to shut down the passing game (as they have done to most opponents all season) and make NH run the ball. NH is not the best team by any means in the run category, kinda plays right into Chatt hands. Yet, I do think NH will have some success throwing the ball, I just have a hunch that this Huesman kid plays well tonight & whether he runs it all night or goes crazy throwing the ball to his hommies, NH is in for a big surprise (esp if Goldrich has a hard time finding receivers)..

**Line was opened at 3 I heard (I don't really know), I thought it got up to 5 or so, but now I see it at 4 on my book.. I know you like a good bet with good odds Bet, but I think Chatt is gonna bring it tonight, I will take the +4 for sure, maybe move the line somehow & prob take the Chatt ML at +170.. I see that NH -200 and that looks like the biggest shit sucker bet on the board tonight IMO. Look at the last month or so for both teams man, you will see what I'm talking about. It will be no surprise to me if Chatt moves onto the semifinals & they are all talking about Huesman who had a wonderful game.. Maybe

(also to note, Chatt has played so freaking good on the road this entire season.. that is not my concern with them tonight, NH will have home field, but check it out, Chatt is a fing beast on the road crushing teams thru parts of the season, just a thought...)

CHATT +4 & CHATT ML +170
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bet10Heinekens

Dmoneytx

Lol, sorry it was so long man, didn't intend for it to be, hahaha.. I just got caught up going on and on bec I really like this game tonight. Let me know if what ya think if ya have time or some other angles maybe I am missing..

Also, if anyone else has some good useful info on this game, I would love to hear it. I will ck back in after my next lesson cause I am done for the day after that!!!! Laters..

Bet10Heinekens

Hell of a write-up, you might be on to something

line no down to -3.5 now

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

good write up i will probably be tailing so i can watch some cfg tonight 5d has it at +4 +155 right now you think this will drop?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

will see if Chatanooga can handle the cold (they haven't had to yet)
    and the NH defense.
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t....aspx?id=46403

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    will see if Chatanooga can handle the cold (they haven't had to yet)
    and the NH defense.
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t....aspx?id=46403
    Good thought snowball, I didn't think of the cooler weather being an issue tonight. We know that this game for Chatt rides in Huesman's hands tonight (and feet), so if he is ready to go it might not matter unless it is freezing cold..

It shows the current temp at 36' now. Kick off should be around 34 range.. That is cold, but not horrid, like it could be 15 - 20 outside or worse. It won't get below 30 tonight it shows with no rain & no snow for sure.. Dark, cold, dry night in NH..

Dmoneytx

What really concerns me with NH is the last two games they have played. Chatt basically goes into this game with ZERO to lose for sure.. All the pressure is on a mediocre NH team, playing at home, expected to win.. That -200 ML is a curse for me, seem to lose for me 7 out of 10 times, I'm not buying it..

Chatt has nothing to lose, on the road (where they have played so damn well), getting points, lower seed, etc... This is a great feed off spot for Chatt to just "go for it!".. NH has struggled pretty hard the last two games for sure. IF Goldrich gets it going early (the pass D for Chatt is solid I think) then they could get in their grove, BUT NH had a total of 285 yds offense two weeks ago, total! They had SIX turnovers in one game, omg, and then they let this kid from Fordham rush for almost 225 yards by himself, wow.. That does not give me confidence to take NH -4 or whatever the line is or even that they will win..

I think Chatt has to get out early, IF Huesman gets it going early & looks solid, NH is in trouble, in my opinion, to win this game. Could NH wake the hell up and win tonight?? Sure.. But if they roll like they have the last two weeks?? They are in big time trouble. IF Huesman gets going early?? They are in trouble. With all of that, I will take my chances with Chatt and this kid under center or they can have my money with crappy NH playing average football right now..

Again, just my thoughts..

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

if this game was in Chattanooga or in neutral territory, I wouldn't even be
    posting,however NH is undefeated at home and the Mocs have two road losses.
    "The Dungeon" as it is called will be packed with hungry UNH fans knowing
    they will be on national tv.. and it is going under 32 according to weather underground.
    I put UNH in a parlay but nothing huge and if your mind is set on Mocs, take them.
    You know there's another small school game that looks interesting to me in Div III
    Mount Union at +100.

Bet10Heinekens

I went with the under
    both teams with solid defense units
    Mocs love to play ball control and grind the clock, a couple of long possession without scoring or FG's will help the under

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Really love these FCS games, although the poor kicking games can drive you nuts. I like Chattanooga, just taking the points and hoping for the best. Like Sam Houston State and E. Wash. tomorrow.

chipshipley
    chipshipley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Really love these FCS games, although the poor kicking games can drive you nuts. I like Chattanooga, just taking the points and hoping for the best. Like Sam Houston State and E. Wash. tomorrow.
    I'm with you lets go!

Bet10Heinekens

Going with the Mocs +3 2nd half, they dominated the 1st half

Team Stats CHAT UNH
    First Downs 15 5
    Total Plays 43 23
    Total Yards 346 155
    Passing 167 132
    Rushing 179 23
    Penalties 1 / 10 1 / 5