homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

Mark it down, ohio state gets into cfb final 4

Bama. Oregon. Fsu. Ohio st. Those are your 4.

tcu and baylor co big 12 champs but baylor won h2h. Who is the true champ there? We dont know so out they go.

LT profits will get verbally raped by me because he is so clueless he does not realize that the committee resets every week and that tcu being #3 right now is almost meaningless

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Alabama will destroy buckeyes. Won't be close

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Charlie Weis said the Big 12 has one true champion though

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I bet the committee puts Ohio St in now to avoid the whole TCU/Baylor argument

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    To sit here and speak in definitive tones about what the first ever cfp committee will do stinks of ignorance and holier than thou sentiments. Stop it please

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

It's a sports forum dummy; we'll talk about whatever we want sports-related.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Can you imagine if they dropped Florida State?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Ohio State makes it.....2 birds with one stone:

- Solves the TCU/Baylor debate

-Ohio State good for network money and has the most public pressure by far to get them in
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave MoneyLineDawg 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

so tcu wins their final game by 52 and you think that not 1, but 2 teams will jump them?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The bigger the bill the harder you ball

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Can you imagine if they dropped Florida State?
    That would be indefensible and i would question the integrity of all involved.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

“@philsteele042: The final committee call will come down to conference champ trumps conference co-champ.”

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    so tcu wins their final game by 52 and you think that not 1, but 2 teams will jump them?
    I've never agreed with this dipshit on anything, but exactly.

That would be a disastrous decision for the committee from a P.R. standpoint, and set a very dangerous precedent -- as would leaving out the unbeaten defending champs.

Alabama, Oregon, TCU and FSU. That's where the committee stands, so like it or not, that's who it's going to be.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    That would be indefensible and i would question the integrity of all involved.
    So would dropping the No. 3 team (by your own rankings) from the nation's top power conference a week after winning 55-3.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

No Coin.....FSU has dropped a few times in the rankings after winning

Seems like the committee rankings are very fluid so I really wouldn't rule anything out.....They could say adding a blowout win against a good Wisconsin team was enough to bump them up

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    No Coin.....FSU has dropped a few times in the rankings after winning

Seems like the committee rankings are very fluid so I really wouldn't rule anything out.....They could say adding a blowout win against a good Wisconsin team was enough to bump them up
    If they drop TCU TWO spots for winning by over 7 touchdowns and finishing off a co-title in the nation's No. 1 power conference, they should all be fired. Immediately.

I don't personally believe TCU should've been in the top three in the first place, but they made their bed. For the sake of legitimacy and integrity, they need to lie in it now. Otherwise, the whole thing becomes a total farce and really proves there shouldn't be ANY rankings throughout the course of a season until the very end.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Buckeyes are in

if you dont like it ....

suck on these nuts

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

Lol the 4 stays put

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Really? I don't see the Buckeyes in.

My official prediction:

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. Florida State
    4. Baylor.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    If they drop TCU TWO spots for winning by over 7 touchdowns and finishing off a co-title in the nation's No. 1 power conference, they should all be fired. Immediately.

I don't personally believe TCU should've been in the top three in the first place, but they made their bed. For the sake of legitimacy and integrity, they need to lie in it now. Otherwise, the whole thing becomes a total farce and really proves there shouldn't be ANY rankings throughout the course of a season until the very end.
    Agreed.....Think Ohio State makes it though

Hope its TCU or Baylor as I feel they are both slightly more deserving...Which is a whole different debate in itself

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Committee put themselves in this undesirable position by dropping FSU and jumping-up TCU to 3rd

Should have been before today's games

1. Fl St
    2. Ala
    3. Oregon
    4. Baylor

A good case could be made for dropping Baylor and putting OSU in 4th after today's games

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

The fact they have the undefeated defending champs 4 is stupid to begin w. Don't really care how they have looked or whether I think they the best, fact is until some1 beats them it stupid to slide them down ever.. Of coarse the rankings from last week mean nothing and the whole thing a farce already as only reason they swapped tcu and fsu is for the bama-fsu matchup. Maybe they also did it to keep them there but would u really be shocked if they did something ignorant and swapped tcu w Baylor or Osu and left fsu at 4? I wouldn't..

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

-240 on 5Dimes

smitch124

The head of the committee stated that conference championships would not be applied until the end of all games. He also stated that they would apply tiebreakers in a case where a conference championship game was not played.

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    -240 on 5Dimes
    What is, Ohio St. in the playoffs?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

You said exactly what I was about to say. If they shake the teams around this much week to week, wtf is the point of releasing a weekly ranking.

I think the committee tipped their hand last week.

They want a Bama/FSU Sugar bowl because of the region factor so they dropped FSU to #4.

They want TCU/Oregon in the Rose Bowl because that would be an awesome game to watch.

Most people on here know I'm a Big 12 guy but I have a problem with putting TCU in over Baylor because Baylor beat them head to head. I also have a problem putting Baylor in because they played trash OOC.

Since Baylor and TCU were co champions and didn't have to play a conference championship game, I would put Ohio State in the Rose Bowl against Oregon in a class Big 10/Pac 12 showdown so the Big 12 will get it's shit together.

Ohio State has been more impressive than TCU and Baylor the last month imo. I watch TCU struggle with Kansas and Baylor struggle with OSU and Tech.

Meanwhile, Ohio State drubbed Michigan State on the road and proved they are legit with their 3rd string QB tonight.

Also, I'm sick of people using quality of loss as a factor. TCU lost to Baylor so they should go in ahead of Baylor because Baylor lost to WVU. Shouldn't the head to head win Baylor has over TCU matter more than who each team lost to?

Shouldn't wins like Ohio State's win over Michigan State trump TCU's loss to Baylor? Who is the best team TCU has beaten? K-State who will finish like #17?

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    What is, Ohio St. in the playoffs?
    Yep, TCU is +180

smitch124

Yep, TCU is +180
    Wow, that speaks volumes actually. I wonder what Tony knows...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    The head of the committee stated that conference championships would not be applied until the end of all games. He also stated that they would apply tiebreakers in a case where a conference championship game was not played.
    They can say whatever they want. If he had some balls he would say "we picking who we like, who will bring the most ratings, or whoever jersey is our favorite, it all subjective anyways so fukk off". Big12 will add teams very soon and split into divisions so they can have a championship gm, especially if Osu somehow gets inexplicably put in ahead of their teams..

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I just can't get over Ohio St's loss at home to Va Tech

It sticks out like a sore thumb when comparing the 3

I think they're all very similar in quality but you gotta draw the line somewhere

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

BigDofBA

You can't leap frog Baylor over Ohio State.

Ohio State was #5 and Baylor was #6 coming into tonight.

How would Baylor leap OSU given that OSU had a way more impressive win on a neutral field and was already ranked ahead of Baylor?

I think you can leap Ohio State over TCU.

It should be like this.

1. Bama
    2. Oregon
    3. FSU
    4. Ohio State
    5. Baylor
    6. TCU

With that said the only spot that will change possibly is #3.

Bama is playing FSU in he Sugar and Oregon will be in the Rose.

Wilfred

I think they're all very similar in quality but you gotta draw the line somewhere
    Understandably so but they have better wins, and in blow out fashion. It'll be interesting to see if the committee values best wins or best loss.

BigDofBA

Shouldn't their wins over Michigan State and Wisconsin 59-0 count more than an early season loss when they were breaking in a new QB?

It doesn't make sense that TCU gets ranked higher because of who they lost to when the team they lost to is Baylor.

smitch124

Understandably so but they have better wins, and in blow out fashion. It'll be interesting to see if the committee values best wins or best loss.
    The Ohio St. Wisconsin score is off the chart...59-0 as a dog with your 3rd string QB? I didn't get to see it, but I guess OSU stuffed the run and Wisconsin had no answer AND OSU scored 59 freaking points. Crazy.

123 Last