navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    How weak the Big 10 is ???????

Mizzou who is the 2nd place team in the SEC lost at home to Indiana who is one of the worst teams in the Big 10.
    Mizzou was not the 2nd best team in the SEC. The entire SEC West was better than Mizzou. Some of the SEC East was better than them, too, but chips fell a certain way. The Big 10 is terrible. Everybody knows that.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Mizzou was not the 2nd best team in the SEC. The entire SEC West was better than Mizzou. Some of the SEC East was better than them, too, but chips fell a certain way. The Big 10 is terrible. Everybody knows that.
    Big Ten will have 2 teams finish in the top 10, and maybe 5 in the top 25... its pretty much on par with every conference outside the SEC. Not saying it is great because it is down a bit, but Big Ten does very well in bowl games not against SEC opponents, excluding last season.

BIG
    BIG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Committee put themselves in this undesirable position by dropping FSU and jumping-up TCU to 3rd

Should have been before today's games

1. Fl Stewart
    2. Ala
    3. Oregon
    4. Baylor

A good case could be made for dropping Baylor and putting OSU in 4th after today's games
    Lmao funniest post I ever seen. This is why your not on the committee on top of that wtf is fl stewart

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BIG View Post
    Lmao funniest post I ever seen. This is why your not on the committee on top of that wtf is fl stewart
    i agree.

Ohio state will not and cannot be denied after that ass kicking they put on Wisconsin yesterday.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Big Ten will have 2 teams finish in the top 10, and maybe 5 in the top 25... its pretty much on par with every conference outside the SEC. Not saying it is great because it is down a bit, but Big Ten does very well in bowl games not against SEC opponents, excluding last season.
    I think the Big 10 and Big 12 are very similar. I think the Big 12 had the big edge until West Virginia and Oklahoma (who I think were much better teams earlier in the year) basically imploded the last month of the season. But I still think when the resumes are so similar between these 3 teams, who you lose to has to be a big factor.

And the fact they lost to a god awful Va. Tech team cannot be discounted. Ohio State fans want to say "Well, we were on our 2nd string qb and it was earlier in the year" but that shouldn't matter. You still lost to a team that Wake Forest beat. When you're trying to find a difference between who's better, that stands out big time. Ohio State also really had some problems at the end of the year beating some weak teams such as Penn State, Indiana and Michigan. I give all the credit in the world to Ohio State for how they finished, but I just don't think they're as good a team as TCU. The Frogs even beat Minnesota by a bigger margin than OSU did.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

I think the Big 10 and Big 12 are very similar. I think the Big 12 had the big edge until West Virginia and Oklahoma (who I think were much better teams earlier in the year) basically imploded the last month of the season. But I still think when the resumes are so similar between these 3 teams, who you lose to has to be a big factor.

And the fact they lost to a god awful Va. Tech team cannot be discounted. Ohio State fans want to say "Well, we were on our 2nd string qb and it was earlier in the year" but that shouldn't matter. You still lost to a team that Wake Forest beat. When you're trying to find a difference between who's better, that stands out big time. Ohio State also really had some problems at the end of the year beating some weak teams such as Penn State, Indiana and Michigan. I give all the credit in the world to Ohio State for how they finished, but I just don't think they're as good a team as TCU. The Frogs even beat Minnesota by a bigger margin than OSU did.
    Wake Forest beat the same team? Check the injury report. I say your just against ohio state. People are funny thinking that injuries and cohesiveness don't go hand-in-hand. They obviously affect a team's season. Would folks play the va tech m/l today if they played again?

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

To me, OSU's drubbing of Michigan State in EL is the most telling and impressive victory. I don't care that they lost to VT 3 months ago, you go on the road and put up 49 against an elite Spartan defense then demolish Wisconsin with your 3rd string QB within the past month, you deserve to be in. Can't deny that they are the playing the best football right now along with Bama and Oregon

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Wake Forest beat the same team? Check the injury report. I say your just against ohio state. People are funny thinking that injuries and cohesiveness don't go hand-in-hand. They obviously affect a team's season. Would folks play the va tech m/l today if they played again?
    I'm not against Ohio State. I could care less if they're in. I want to see the 4 best teams in. I've watched a lot of Ohio State football this year. They are not a better team than TCU or Baylor. That's my honest opinion. Ohio State did not look good against Penn State, INdiana or Michigan...3 bad teams they played over the course of the last 6 weeks. They lost to Va. Tech is god horrible. I just don't think OSU is one of the 4 best teams based on what I've seen on the field this year, and isn't the point putting the best 4 teams in?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Tcu drops to 6 in the ap poll

navyblue81

I wouldn't be shocked it the committee puts Baylor #4 over Ohio State. To be honest, any of those 3 teams wouldn't surprise me. But Jeff Long admitted last week Baylor was slightly behind Ohio State in their discussions, and Baylor beat the better opponent this weekend. K-State was ranked several spots higher than Wisconsin. This really could go any which way.

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

I think Ohio State gets in at 4

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

someone is getting a verbal raping

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

I wouldn't be shocked it the committee puts Baylor #4 over Ohio State. To be honest, any of those 3 teams wouldn't surprise me. But Jeff Long admitted last week Baylor was slightly behind Ohio State in their discussions, and Baylor beat the better opponent this weekend. K-State was ranked several spots higher than Wisconsin. This really could go any which way.
    My point was, simply, that va tech's season has been marred by injuries. Is that not a valid point? This is a fact that makes va tech look like a much worse loss. It has clouded people's judgment about the buckeyes season imo.

Duke Fan
    Duke Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9801

Urban just quit!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    59-0

Aint nobody wanna play the Buckeyes.

Bama fans are scared as hell after what they saw last night.

Cardel Jones is the truth!
    everyone wants to play them.. wow they whipped a wiscy team with no qb, so impressive, who did wiscy ever beat again? oh that right a bunch of other big10 teams with shit qbs

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

only college football know-nothing-morons do not realize that va tech was a much better team in week 2/3 than the one who limped in at 6-6. injuries ravaged them.

some of you are fukking clueless. you know nada

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

nice work homie

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Shouldn't their wins over Michigan State and Wisconsin 59-0 count more than an early season loss when they were breaking in a new QB?

It doesn't make sense that TCU gets ranked higher because of who they lost to when the team they lost to is Baylor.
    This is one thing that the media forgot to remind so many today, that the VT loss what with a fresh QB.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

They are in only in bc of fan base.

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Steak View Post
    They are in only in bc of fan base.
    In the end TCU/Baylor ARE NOT in it because the the Big 12's ignorance not to have a Championship Game, that was the hitting the last nail in the coffin among other things. Things could have been a lot different otherwise.
    Last edited by BChrisB; 12-07-14 at 09:39 PM. Reason: misspell

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Name:  OH NO.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  210.3 KB

First 123