jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Florida State is not getting bumped out with the win only undefeated team in the nation

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

If that's the case, how can they get rid of TCU who is ahead of FSU and te only reason TCU would get bumped is really the only reason FSU is in?

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

OSU in TCU and Baylor out.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

I think ohio state gets left out. They are a worthy team but they are the only team that has a terrible loss. You can argue how much better they are right now but when the difference is paper thin, that loss will be used by the committee to justify excluding them. Florida state is undefeated so they will be in. The big xii will get one team in as well.

Fsu vs alabama
    oregon vs tcu or baylor

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

OSU's win tonight is going to be plenty to bump them in. Committee can say whatever about whatever that they look at. That win with their situation against who they are beating is impressive. TCU has no room to bitch. They choked in that Baylor game. Would not have to be sitting in the position they are in if they don't blow a double digit lead in the 4th Q of that one.

I also think the committee will take this as a perfect opportunity to not have to settle the Baylor-TCU debate. They got a gift sent to them tonight by the Buckeyes.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I believe it will look like this come tomorrow:

#1. Alabama
    #2. Oregon
    #3. Florida State
    #4. Ohio State.

The argument will be Ohio State has been dominant the last few weeks, and TCU and Baylor didn't play a conference championship.

The Kraken

If that's the case, I think it's misdirected and wrong.

But I wouldn't be surprised. All six teams are certainly deserving but if you look at the body of work and who has the "best" loss, it's TCU. They lost to #6 Baylor. Also, what would be the rational to drop them after an impressive win but not FSU after they scraped by? The committee has already said TCU is better than FSU and I think that's important

Baylors best argument is they have the same record and beat TCU.

In my opinion OSU has the weakest argument because their loss was terrible. However they didn't have their starting QB and it was early. They certainly deserve to be too 4 as of five other teams.

Tough call and nightmare scenario for the first year

The Giant

I think it's going to be a nightmare scenario every year.

The Kraken

No doubt. Like you said, every year someone gets left out

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Florida St will be out of Top 4 if they don't cover again.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Ohio st almost lost to Indiana with a backup qb and god awful Michigan. Fukk them

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

This is why I said 8 teams years ago and still stand by it....The only argument against it was that they wanted to keep the Bowls......All you have to do is add one more weekend with 4 "1st round games" (Next weekend) and then you can keep it like it is now with the Bowls +1 format

Almost anyone I've come across with a clue agrees with the 8 team playoff

No one thought 4 would ever solve a damn thing.....And that is why the NCAA went that route, would you expect anything less from these clowns?

SECguru
    SECguru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

We will see an 8 team playoff before the 4 team playoff contract is done.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

alabama
    oregon
    florida st
    tcu

ohio st will be left out.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SECguru View Post
    We will see an 8 team playoff before the 4 team playoff contract is done.
    #1 Bama hosting a playoff game next weekend against #8 whoever......How sick would that be for the campus and fans?

The Giant

Ohio State is getting in.

I don't want to be one of "those guys", but it feels like Wisconsin laid down in order to get their Big Ten brethren in the playoff.

Ohio State will bring a lot more money to a playoff than TCU.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I can't wait to bet the farm on Bama.....Going to be a bloodbath

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Personally, I'm a big fan of the 4 team playoff system. I think it gives college football added excitement. I think going 8 teams wouldn't be challenging enough. You'd have the #9 or #10 teams complaining if they didn't get in.

I think this 4 team playoff system added just enough spice for college football. The teams ranked #5 and below still get to go to impressive bowl games.

Baylor is a great team.... TCU is a great team.... Ohio State is a great team! All deserving... I can't wait to see who they pick for #4

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Personally, I'm a big fan of the 4 team playoff system. I think it gives college football added excitement. I think going 8 teams wouldn't be challenging enough. You'd have the #9 or #10 teams complaining if they didn't get in.

I think this 4 team playoff system added just enough spice for college football. The teams ranked #5 and below still get to go to impressive bowl games.

Baylor is a great team.... TCU is a great team.... Ohio State is a great team! All deserving... I can't wait to see who they pick for #4
    I think 8 it would still be just as exciting.....If you give the 5 conference champions an automatic bid, the regular season would still be awesome as there are only 3 other teams that could make it

With 8 teams, you can also have a spot for a deserving darkhorse "small-conference" team that goes undefeated like UCF last season or Boise St from years past

I love college football no matter what but I think 8 teams is the perfect balance of fairness and excitement

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

They will probably give the boot to TCU and Baylor due to money. The TV networks will have the final say. Committee will do what's best for their pockets.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    OSU's win tonight is going to be plenty to bump them in. Committee can say whatever about whatever that they look at. That win with their situation against who they are beating is impressive. TCU has no room to bitch. They choked in that Baylor game. Would not have to be sitting in the position they are in if they don't blow a double digit lead in the 4th Q of that one.

I also think the committee will take this as a perfect opportunity to not have to settle the Baylor-TCU debate. They got a gift sent to them tonight by the Buckeyes.
    so ohio st is going to be rewarded for losing to horrible va tech team. no way

2Shirts

And they just destroyed wisky with a 3rd string QB. So please give more context to your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Ohio st almost lost to Indiana with a backup qb and god awful Michigan. Fukk them

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shirts View Post
    And they just destroyed wisky with a 3rd string QB. So please give more context to your statement.
    looks like wisky was giving it their all.

2Shirts

Sorry - what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    looks like wisky was giving it their all.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22623

Ohio state. Should have lost at Penn state also. They beat a team from a conference that was mediocre at best. The bully's picked on the fat kids. 2 coaches were fired from the big 10. Not saying they don't look great. But they didn't play any competition.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3292

since it's really just about money,
    1. oregon
    2. alabama
    3. florida st
    4. ohio state

oregon/osu rose bowl everyone wants
    bama/fsu sugar bowl
    boot the big 12 for not having 13th game

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

FSU vs. Oregon would be a great play off game actually.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

lol how does tcu fall from 3 to 6 after beating a team 55-3? ohio st really owes wisky for tanking.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    so ohio st is going to be rewarded for losing to horrible va tech team. no way
    It was an easy choice for the committee. They wanted anything but "controversy" in the end, even though they have it - they at least got out of the TCU-Baylor debate which was the biggest question mark most had heading into the weekend. Ohio State winning how they did was an absolute gift to get out of that conundrum.

Bottom line is this system is just as flawed as the BCS. There IS NO SET CRITERIA for these selections. It's basically whatever a committee member thinks. That is a major problem. At least with NCAAB, they can tell you that hey - RPI, SOS, etc. are huge. With this bullshit, the committee can change things however they see fit - which seems inherently dirty to make the rich, richer. This shit is set to be the bane of everyone's existence until 2025 when the contract runs out. They won't change shit before then ... unless the unthinkable happens and a Power 5 team (especially SEC) gets "screwed" out of a spot.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Committee is controlled by networks. They pick the matchups that will sell more advertising. Then the committee gets their kickbacks for complying.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Going to load up on Oregon ML. The committee wants the heisman trophy winner in the championship game. They hate FLorida State, just stuck them in there because they had no excuse.

First 12