dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Let's just see what Condollezza says
    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400547826
    Last edited by dfish; 12-06-14 at 11:00 PM.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    So lt completely off topic but I'm curios about ur tcu future since they r "co champions" with Baylor does it pay? Hopefully it's not a sore subject
    and as much as it pains me to say because osu lost to a completely pathic 6-6 VT AT HOME I think they belong in the four trumping Baylor and TCU but they need to put much more of an emphasis on SOS
    I am pretty sure it is a Loser at 5 Dimes, head-to-head broke the tie. Think that was specific stipulation in rules.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Very confusing

6 teams into 4 slots

Can't see how you can omit ohio state but looks like there destined to miss out

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    So lt completely off topic but I'm curios about ur tcu future since they r "co champions" with Baylor does it pay? Hopefully it's not a sore subject
    and as much as it pains me to say because osu lost to a completely pathic 6-6 VT AT HOME I think they belong in the four trumping Baylor and TCU but they need to put much more of an emphasis on SOS
    Read something like "In conferences with no championship game, if teams are tied, head-to-head winner between the teams shall be considered the winner. If the teams did not meet during the regular season, the team declared to winner by the conference shall be considered the winner."

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Ohio state has beaten 8 bowl teams and a win over wisky means 9 bowl teamsbeaten

navy
    Cincy
    maryland
    rutgers
    penn st
    illinois
    mich st
    minny

add wisky and they win by ????
    Penn St a bowl team! What rubbish! 2-6 in conference. The bowl system is a joke, but it does grease the economy.

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Meh, I keep going back to the overall SOS. Every team in the country has at least one stinker, at least TCU won theirs. And I like how SOS quantifies things, takes opinion out of the equation in regards to who faced better schedule.
    What/who determines the strength of the teams you are playing?

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Ohio State vs Oregon Rose Bowl

alabama vs florida State Sugar

book it
    yup ur right... I said all along Ohio State would eventually pass both Baylor and TCU when it went 5. TCU 6. Baylor and 7. Ohio State. We jumped Baylor without Baylor losing a few weeks ago, and we will do the same this week to TCU. SOrry Big 12, no title game and no rep in the playoffs. It awesome how clueless some of you are.

95% of you do not understand how the selection committee is picking this 4 team playoff. They want the best 4 teams in the playoffs. Ask yourself who are the 4 best teams when the committee meets in a day or two and decides? If you honestly believe Ohio State is not one of them you re lying to yourself. Ohio State is one of the 4 best teams in the country, period, end of story. All this "they lost to VTech" "their SOS is 8 spots lower than TCU on a nuetral field at night on Thursdays" doesnt mean anything compared to the eye test. Ohio State passes the eye test, and that means more than all the nitpicking of SOS, who has the worst loss, etc etc you guys are tossing around.
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave STAX 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

teecee

Can't believe I only saw one td scored in osu's shellacking of wisconsin.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Can't believe I only saw one td scored in osu's shellacking of wisconsin.

LT Profits

What/who determines the strength of the teams you are playing?
    There are tons of rating sites out there, I was going off of Sagarin. But does not matter, TCU SOS is stronger at any site you look at. As for how SOS is determined, the biggest component is the cumulative power ratings of a team's opponents. Some site use opponent's records, but those are not as accurate.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ohio St now seems to have played a weak schedule

Its going to hurt them..Wisky losing by that much means they were nothing

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Huh! My kids and sleep kept me busy. I saw the fumble recovery for td. That was it.

teecee

There are tons of rating sites out there, I was going off of Sagarin. But does not matter, TCU SOS is stronger at any site you look at. As for how SOS is determined, the biggest component is the cumulative power ratings of a team's opponents. Some site use opponent's records, but those are not as accurate.
    Humans create the formulas. Human have inherent biases. How dependable are the formulas then? Your choice, based upon, of course, your biases. Am I wrong? Not arguing, but rather, a thought of mine.

Stringer Bell
    Stringer Bell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2015

5Dimes prop lines:

Ohio St -385
    TCU +285
    Baylor +2500

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Tcu drops to 6 in the ap poll

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think Tcu was really 4th last week. They were moved up to 3 due to geographic match ups. That's why I won't be shocked if they're jumped and dropped.

homie1975

do we need to discuss the rose bowl line with tcu any longer?

did tcu being 3rd last week mean anything?

i think LT Profits - while a very nice and classy guy - thinks he knows more than he really does. the CFP committee is barely 7 weeks into their first ever rankings yet LT was coming off like a PhD on the subject.

lessons learned, hopefully

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Just posted on 5Dimes

College Football Spread
    Florida State vs Oregon - Rose Bowl - Pasadena, CA
    Thu 1/1 261 Florida State +8 -110
    5:00PM 262 Oregon -8 -110
    Ohio State vs Alabama - Sugar Bowl - Superdome - New Orleans, LA
    Thu 1/1 263 Ohio State +9½ -110
    5:00PM 264 Alabama -9½ -110

homie1975

quote from the chairman: "Ohio State was the clear #4 choice over #'s 5 and 6"

LT Profits

Meh. A few points. If the committee is going to pull his at the end anyway, what is the point of even having weekly CFP Rankings before this final week, since they are apparently meaningless? They can't now all of sudden rank Baylor ahead of TCU becuse of head-to-head win when that game happened long ago before the first CFP ranking and it never mattered until now.

Secondly, once the teams were determined, why not put Ohio State third and Florida State fourth? That would have kept Florida State in the Sugar Bowl and would have preserved the Pac-12 Champ vs. Big Ten Champ traditional matchup of the Rose Bowl. If the committee REALLY ranks by merit without regard to geography, how would they explain putting TCU at 3 and FSU at 4 last week.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I think Tcu was really 4th last week. They were moved up to 3 due to geographic match ups. That's why I won't be shocked if they're jumped and dropped.
    Then why not use that same geographic argument by keeping FSU at four, simultaneously shaking up Rose Bowl too.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    yup ur right... I said all along Ohio State would eventually pass both Baylor and TCU when it went 5. TCU 6. Baylor and 7. Ohio State. We jumped Baylor without Baylor losing a few weeks ago, and we will do the same this week to TCU. SOrry Big 12, no title game and no rep in the playoffs. It awesome how clueless some of you are.

95% of you do not understand how the selection committee is picking this 4 team playoff. They want the best 4 teams in the playoffs. Ask yourself who are the 4 best teams when the committee meets in a day or two and decides? If you honestly believe Ohio State is not one of them you re lying to yourself. Ohio State is one of the 4 best teams in the country, period, end of story. All this "they lost to VTech" "their SOS is 8 spots lower than TCU on a nuetral field at night on Thursdays" doesnt mean anything compared to the eye test. Ohio State passes the eye test, and that means more than all the nitpicking of SOS, who has the worst loss, etc etc you guys are tossing around.
    Another homer. Youre lying to yourself if you think the Buckeys looked good or great against Indiana, Michigan or Minnesota. Bums didnt cover ANY of those games. Favored by 35 against Indiana and they were up 21-20 going into the 4th.

homie1975

Meh. A few points. If the committee is going to pull his at the end anyway, what is the point of even having weekly CFP Rankings before this final week, since they are apparently meaningless? They can't now all of sudden rank Baylor ahead of TCU becuse of head-to-head win when that game happened long ago before the first CFP ranking and it never mattered until now.

Secondly, once the teams were determined, why not put Ohio State third and Florida State fourth? That would have kept Florida State in the Sugar Bowl and would have preserved the Pac-12 Champ vs. Big Ten Champ traditional matchup of the Rose Bowl. If the committee REALLY ranks by merit without regard to geography, how would they explain putting TCU at 3 and FSU at 4 last week.

easy answer. the same reason why they have preseason polls when not a single game has been played yet.

it's to GENERATE INTEREST and GET PEOPLE TALKING.

you took the CFP polls literally. the Yolk is on YOU

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Another homer. Youre lying to yourself if you think the Buckeys looked good or great against Indiana, Michigan or Minnesota. Bums didnt cover ANY of those games. Favored by 35 against Indiana and they were up 21-20 going into the 4th.
    Why did the line stay at -35? Because the money placed on that game spoke as to what people think about the level if ohio state as a football team. If the line doesn't move down and osu does not cover, the joke is on the betting public. Too hard to determine which teams are the best. More teams in the playoff, the better.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17040

Why did the line stay at -35? Because the money placed on that game spoke as to what people think about the level if ohio state as a football team. If the line doesn't move down and osu does not cover, the joke is on the betting public. Too hard to determine which teams are the best. More teams in the playoff, the better.
    i guess i am in the minority that liked the bcs. college football has the only meaningful regular season in sports. you lose one game and you are probably out of title contention. now ohio st gets in after losing to a shit va tech team and that makes me sad. when they bump this up to 8 teams the regular season will have no big games anymore since u will be able to lose two games and still get in. then they will bump it up to 16 or 32 and make the whole season a complete joke like college basketball.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Now ESPN have an insider article stating that TCU and Baylor are ranked higher than Florida St and Ohio St by linemakers (so would be favored over them on neutral field). Maybe we should use Vegas as the Playoff committee.

homie1975

disastrous thread

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Now ESPN have an insider article stating that TCU and Baylor are ranked higher than Florida St and Ohio St by linemakers (so would be favored over them on neutral field). Maybe we should use Vegas as the Playoff committee.
    yea and do you know how many times #2 has beaten #1 in history? more times than not. ask 2005 USC what it felt like to play texas. ask miami 2002 about ohio state that year.

everyone please sit down and shut up

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post

really?? eye test? Who a team loses to during the season SHOULD matter. You cant ignore that loss to Virginia tech and all the close games ohio state had in a WEAKER conference. im neither a tcu or a baylor fan but this makes me sick... tcu and baylor are both going to rape the SEC and Big 10 teams. cant fn wait.

homie1975

Just like baylor raped ucf last yr in the bowl right

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

I have no opinion on Baylor. But I feel tcu blows ole miss out

homie1975

LT how is it going with that line prediction