Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19791

End of Arizona/Oregon game

Does anybody know why they didn't kick the extra point at the end of the game? It affected the second half total. Kept it under. I thought they always kick those meaningless extra points even if there is no time on the clock?

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Great question. Was wondering same thing

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4587

Not in college. NFL they have to due to possible tie-breaking in terms of point differential.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22110

Didnt they score 41 in the second half? Total was 34 for 2nd half. Was 23-0 at HT

No1DraftPick
    No1DraftPick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Not in college. NFL they have to due to possible tie-breaking in terms of point differential.

this. they only do in the NFL.

obviously if you scored a TD with 0 on the clock and you could still win/tie, you can go for a PAT.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4113

College sometimes sees fans storm the field when the clock hits 0:00 and in the past it has been a problem when a team scored a TD on the last play of regulation. The problem is sometimes the refs would insist on clearing the field to kick the XP and sometimes they would blow it off. That created cries of bias and potential game fixing because it was very inconsistently enforced.

Solution: The NCAA, in their infinite wisdom, implemented a new rule whereby any time a team scores with 0:00 left in regulation and the XP cannot make a difference in who wins, then the game is over without kicking it.

RRNJ13
    RRNJ13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Only Kick em in the NFL

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Not in college, you are only forced to kick PAT (or go for two) if game is within two points either way.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19791

The Forum comes through I appreciate the answers. Not sure about the total. A buddy texted me that he got "robbed" thought I would research it

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    College sometimes sees fans storm the field when the clock hits 0:00 and in the past it has been a problem when a team scored a TD on the last play of regulation. The problem is sometimes the refs would insist on clearing the field to kick the XP and sometimes they would blow it off. That created cries of bias and potential game fixing because it was very inconsistently enforced.

Solution: The NCAA, in their infinite wisdom, implemented a new rule whereby any time a team scores with 0:00 left in regulation and the XP cannot make a difference in who wins, then the game is over without kicking it.
    They are also forced to go for the try if they are UP by 1 or 2 points, although the move there is to take a knee.

LT Profits

WAIT I just realized the previous night when UCF won on the Hail Mary, they won by two. They SHOULD have been forced to try for the conversion. Yes they would have just taken a knee, but supposed the unthinkable would have happened and there was a bad snap or something picked up by East Carolina and run back all the way?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

the total was 34 so the extra point didn't matter, second seems they don't kick the extra point in college when the time expires.

another note, in college, has there been a game where the team wins by 6 in ot?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

without missing the extra point that is...

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    the total was 34 so the extra point didn't matter, second seems they don't kick the extra point in college when the time expires.

another note, in college, has there been a game where the team wins by 6 in ot?
    Yes, when the team that goes first in OT does not score and the team going last scores a TD.

Second possibility is in third overtime and beyond, team that goes first scores TD but misses two point conversion, and second team does not score.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i guess 2nd possibility makes sense but are you sure you've seen a game where they go for a td? in that situation i've always seen a fg.

my point is they don't kick the extra point in college.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    WAIT I just realized the previous night when UCF won on the Hail Mary, they won by two. They SHOULD have been forced to try for the conversion. Yes they would have just taken a knee, but supposed the unthinkable would have happened and there was a bad snap or something picked up by East Carolina and run back all the way?
    Lt they did make them. Ucf took a kneel down on the PAT try

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Lt they did make them. Ucf took a kneel down on the PAT try
    Ah OK. I did not see it live and seems everybody was running off field on highlights. OK so rule is as I stated above.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4113

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    They are also forced to go for the try if they are UP by 1 or 2 points, although the move there is to take a knee.
    Ya that's what UCF did Thursday. (EDIT: Whoops, saw others beat me to the punch with that response - sorry for the redundancy)