Close to 100 points will be scored.

Total will probably be 87.5

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

bear , you can stop making threads about Alabama

thanks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ebumdude

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

College football is so watered-down

Too much scoring makes it a joke

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    College football is so watered-down

Too much scoring makes it a joke
    what makes all football a joke is all the personal fouls for targeting and hitting qbs/defenseless players. chop block, horse collar, and hands to the face pentalties are idiotic too. the whole point of helmets is so you can hit ppl head to head.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I think Oregon could win.

I think spread would be in the neighbourhood of Bama -4.5

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn is such a hard team to prepare for because you know exactly what you are going to get, yet they are flawless at faking and showing false keys, and Malzone/OC are perfect at knowing where the hole in the defense is, and they are always one move ahead adjustment-wise. Saban had a simple game-plan: Auburn isn't going to run the ball on us, period. Saban didnt care what transpired throughout the game, he wasn't going to let Auburn run the ball. He knew to stop Auburn's run he was going to have to open up to the pass, and Auburn was quick to take advantage. Marshall just played the game of his life throwing-wise and it still wasn't enough. Bama won't look that bad against the pass ever again, they knew they were vulnerable to it coming in.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Auburn is such a hard team to prepare for because you know exactly what you are going to get, yet they are flawless at faking and showing false keys, and Malzone/OC are perfect at knowing where the hole in the defense is, and they are always one move ahead adjustment-wise. Saban had a simple game-plan: Auburn isn't going to run the ball on us, period. Saban didnt care what transpired throughout the game, he wasn't going to let Auburn run the ball. He knew to stop Auburn's run he was going to have to open up to the pass, and Auburn was quick to take advantage. Marshall just played the game of his life throwing-wise and it still wasn't enough. Bama won't look that bad against the pass ever again, they knew they were vulnerable to it coming in.
    This game is the reason Saban hired Lame Kitten. Kirby Smart allowed over 300 yards rushing to auburn last year and nearly 500 yards passing last night. Bama can't stop auburn from running up and down the field all night anymore. So nick is now ready to get in shoot outs to win. Auburn should have scored 60+ last night if they were efficient in the red zone and they still scored 44. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight again nick. Nick knows he can't stop Gus from scoring at will anymore. The qb for auburn next year is a bona fide passer with playing on Sundays potential with a rocket for an arm. It's only going to get better for auburn in the future. There will be more headaches for nick and his vaunted defense.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    This game is the reason Saban hired Lame Kitten. Kirby Smart allowed over 300 yards rushing to auburn last year and nearly 500 yards passing last night. Bama can't stop auburn from running up and down the field all night anymore. So nick is now ready to get in shoot outs to win. Auburn should have scored 60+ last night if they were efficient in the red zone and they still scored 44. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight again nick. Nick knows he can't stop Gus from scoring at will anymore. The qb for auburn next year is a bona fide passer with playing on Sundays potential with a rocket for an arm. It's only going to get better for auburn in the future. There will be more headaches for nick and his vaunted defense.
    Agree about Kiffin, and to take it even further, Saban is a smart dude... he knows how high scoring the game has become. He needs that OC that can win a shootout, plain and simple. He also needs an OC that will tune in down when necessary too.

I agree about the bonafide passer comment, but I really think in order to give these talented defenses fits, you have to have a dual threat QB to do all the things Malzone wants. Its that constant second guessing you are putting into the defense's head with fakes and false keys, and when the QB can beat you in the air or on the ground its almost impossible to stop. You really just have to pick your poison.

Im kind of sticking up for Bama's defense even though to the naked eye, they looked horrid, but they only gave up 3 touchdowns when the game was in question... for all the passing yards and wide open guys, etc, etc, etc... the fact they only gave up 3 TDs says something. And those INT by Bama's QB really put Bama's defense in a hole. They never let Auburn pull away... made some stops when they mattered most... some times you have to tip your cap and give credit to the offense too (Auburn)

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Not necessarily, Oregon offense has not done well vs. top SEC defenses in the past. See Auburn in Championship Game and LSU on regular season, Scheme has been the same forever, nothing changed after Kelly left.

With that said, line as of now is only Alabama -2.5.

Sam Odom

Unlike the old days... The SEC is no stranger to wide-open slinging offenses within their Conference

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Unlike the old days... The SEC is no stranger to wide-open slinging offenses within their Conference
    That actually favors Alabama, they are now not facing something they have not already seen. But something that has not changed is Alabama team speed on defense can keep up with Oregon team speed on offense while simultaneously beating up the Duck smurf receivers.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post

Bama defensive front 7 is a bad matchup for Oregon...

BUT you know Oregon will do what Auburn was having success doing which is run as many plays as possible at a lightening fast pace.

Oregon may have to keep a full back in the back field to protect Mariota's blind side and they will need to roll him out to the right to avoid the pass rush..

semilar to the adjustment the Lions made on Thursday when they couldnt block Jared Allen.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I'd take the under 100. Big Bear will you book it for me?

jaytee20
    jaytee20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4030

Oregon = terrible history in games like that.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Won't happen, Florida State to the title game

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Look what happened when they took #4 Eddie Jackson out. All the big plays and other easy catches were against Eddie Jackson.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post

Oregon look very solid. If they're +$ in any game from here on in I am betting them.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Won't happen, Florida State to the title game
    FSU losses to Oregon in semis the way it looks matchups will shake out. And why do you keep defending Noles so much? The next complete game they play will be their first one this year, they will finally get exposed with the enormous leap in competition. Frankly they are not even one of the four best teams in the country, they are lucky being undefeated against garbage opponents (while struggling to win every game) gets them a free pass.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Oregon look very solid. If they're +$ in any game from here on in I am betting them.
    Would only be + money vs. Alabama, they will be favored over every other team.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Take the over.

Close to 100 points will be scored.

Total will probably be 87.5
    ok..

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    That actually favors Alabama, they are now not facing something they have not already seen. But something that has not changed is Alabama team speed on defense can keep up with Oregon team speed on offense while simultaneously beating up the Duck smurf receivers.
    i agree, i was really impressed with alabamas team speed on defense vs auburns WRs

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT still mad about the Louisville game . FSU gets no respect and I'm sure the NCAA would love nothing more than to see Jameis lose but it hasn't happened yet. They aren't covering spreads worth a damn but they continue to win games. I think they are the best team in football period. FSU, Bama, Oregon, TCU would be my votes in order for the playoff.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Would only be + money vs. Alabama, they will be favored over every other team.
    Oregon may be a dog to TCU...I dunno. Should be close to a pick em if it's not on the west coast

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

FSU losses to Oregon in semis the way it looks matchups will shake out. And why do you keep defending Noles so much? The next complete game they play will be their first one this year, they will finally get exposed with the enormous leap in competition. Frankly they are not even one of the four best teams in the country, they are lucky being undefeated against garbage opponents (while struggling to win every game) gets them a free pass.
    whats more likely is that they lose a close game. They won't be away quietly. They're going to be a td dog, lose by 3-4 points and bury everyone who bets on the game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

And I think Ga Tech gives them a world of problems next week. So it's no sure thing they make it

Tech just won their Super Bowl though so amazingly may be in for a let down.

that quarterback might be a top draft pick if he wasn't running the option and that Smeller, Smeltzer kid will probably be the next great Georgia tech receiver they send to the nfl

Sam Odom

GT left a lot on the field yesterday but Fl St is a every week

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

The O/U was 66.5 when Oregon played Auburn and it went way under; same thing will happen if it's Ala-Ore.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

TCU and Oregon are my two favorite college teams right now.
    I don't buy Alabama this year.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    TCU and Oregon are my two favorite college teams right now.
    I don't buy Alabama this year.
    TCU a non factor

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i would be shocked if TCU gets in since they lost head to head to Baylor and no conference championship game.

maybe if FSU loses and Baylor loses.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    TCU a non factor
    Vegas disagrees
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ites-in-vegas/

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    LT still mad about the Louisville game . FSU gets no respect and I'm sure the NCAA would love nothing more than to see Jameis lose but it hasn't happened yet. They aren't covering spreads worth a damn but they continue to win games. I think they are the best team in football period. FSU, Bama, Oregon, TCU would be my votes in order for the playoff.
    Not at all, it is what it is. Florida State will be an underdog vs. whoever they face in the semifinals, that disspells them being the "best team." Based on current futures, they are considered the fifth best team as they would even be small dogs to a Baylor team that will not be in the playoffs. But based on play on the field, I think ranking them fifth is generous. Check out any reliable set of power ratings and most have them in the low teens.

STAX

FSU is in the playoff even if they lose to GT, unless they get blown out

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    FSU is in the playoff even if they lose to GT, unless they get blown out
    What are you smoking? If they lose to GT, they won't even finish in the top-10. Not with that schedule.

As for the Bama-Oregon game finishing over, see Oregon-Auburn 2010. Everyone and their uncle were saying it would top 100 points and it ended up 22-19.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Just 2 years ago FSU's Ooc schedule would have rivaled anyone else's in the country.

florida, Notre dame, Oklahoma state. Funny how things turn out from year to year

123 Last